rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
FORGIVING US OUR SINS!

Latest: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS 27 : 38 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby Sun 23rd Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby, Sun 23rd Sept BT Sport

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

% of capacity filled at stadiums...
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 13:43
2nd!....but need to get some more seats built!!

Link

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: % of capacity filled at stadiums...
F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 14:29
Hi 1876 - as a man of numbers you will know that this type of ranking is a twin edged sword. Are we more impressed by a tiny stadium with 90 something % capacity or a club whose attendance may be 50 - 100% higher but dispersed in a cavernous foottie stadium?

I think absolute statistics are more informative ie who's got the most fans not the size of the box they sit in!

Agree however that we need a few more pews for the faithful.....

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 14:44
I agree it is a bit of a mixed bag...but my reasoning in posting it is that we are close to the 100% so would be good to get some more seats soon...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:21
If that 1 pesky absentee bothered turning up our stats would be slightly better

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:39
There are some games when they announce our attendance and you have to think "There are alot of people dressed as empty seats!" (Sm105)

ninjafez (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 16:34
i think a number of folk in the exposed seats judge on Half time if its worth goign into the olympic bar or ineed starting there....

im guessing the latter last saturday but the new stand is supposed to be upping it by 500, now we have the freedom of the borough surley we can round this up to 1000 lol

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

london pride (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 17:13
It's also worth remembering that seats used by season ticket holders are counted even if they are not there.Which makes sense, the seats have been paid for, why not count them.Apparently this is common practice in the Premiership.

primavesi (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 17:17
That is not the case. Attendance is people through the turnstiles, not tickets sold. This was confirmed on this very board by Ed G many years ago.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 17:24
I've always wondered at AzP, do a lot of people who have allocated seats decide to stand either in front of the East stand or on the open top busses thus meaning when you look around there appears to be a bit of empty space? But actually it's still 9500 plus in attendance?

london pride (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 17:52
Quote:
primavesi
That is not the case. Attendance is people through the turnstiles, not tickets sold. This was confirmed on this very board by Ed G many years ago.

It will be interesting to find out how they get their attendance figures then.Im sure E.G. said at a Fans Forum that season ticket holders are counted regardless if they attend or not.If not the case I've been to a few AV cup games where who ever is doing the counting must have double vision.

Red Rooster (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 20:08
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
I've always wondered at AzP, do a lot of people who have allocated seats decide to stand either in front of the East stand or on the open top busses thus meaning when you look around there appears to be a bit of empty space? But actually it's still 9500 plus in attendance?

Posting as someone who is a standing season ticket holder you are correct and to be honest if it's raining as it was last Saturday it's much easier standing in the rain than sitting in the open West stand getting soaked. The ground will look easier on the eye, attendance wise, once the West stand is rebuilt and the seating fully covered.

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 21:38
Quote:
primavesi

I have to confess I had assumed they count STH whether they are there or not.

There have definitely been games where they have announced 10,000 attendance when at least one or two of our STHs have been absent and their tickets not re-sold.

JohnI (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 21:53
I’d have to agree. At saints they have announced crowd figures which MUST include ST holders whether there or not, either that or a lot of people are standing in the village eating all the pies during most of the game because they are definitely not sitting in the seats. Personally I think it should be numbers through the turnstiles on the day as the word Attendance has a clue in the title of ie ie the number actually attending not the number of ST holders or tickets sold.

Graeme D (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 21:54
Quote:
Harrow Sarrie
Quote:
primavesi

I have to confess I had assumed they count STH whether they are there or not.

There have definitely been games where they have announced 10,000 attendance when at least one or two of our STHs have been absent and their tickets not re-sold.

Changed to number of tickets sold a couple of years back.

Surely the number everyone should be looking for is money received. Not %age of capacity or straight numbers.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 02:42
Last Saturday the announcement on the big screen was that the attendance was 8500 (approx). There is absolutely no way way that is possible given the big gaps in the West, North and South stands.....unless it was based tickets sold.

The only really positive thing about a high % of seats sold is that thing EG used to go on about, the slightly nebulous concept of creating 'scarcity'. That in itself is fairly meaningless unless the club intend to exploit that by hiking ticket prices which in the current climate could very easily be counter productive.

Personally I see the priority is to replace the West stand asap as there's no doubt it is a low quality product. I have sat in it on two occasions and would't want to again. In the medium term I can't see any serious objection to increasing the capacity by a few thousand. Obviously the success of the special exemptions we have in place already for 15K game days would go a long way to making that possible.

JO'G (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 09:49
Its definitely whether they attend or not.

The seat next to me has been 'nominally' filled by a season ticket holder, but nobody has sat in it for 3 years - apart from visitors / friends of the seats around us who have a separate ticket

It only comes for sale on the Champions Cup 1/4 finals and Premiership 1/2 finals

% of capacity filled at stadiums...West Stand ?
boomer! (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 11:51
Quote:
1876-Fez
2nd!....but need to get some more seats built!!
Link

Does anyone know what is happening about the redevelopment of the West stand?

The attached suggests work would start in 2017 and finish in autumn 2018.

Plans approved.

JO'G (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 12:06
I would be interested to know how the revenue / price per seat have increased over the last 6 years - from the last year at VR

Increasing the capacity 500 at a time seems a very sensible option to me - in 10 years time, we will be at 15k every game and hopefully full

Re: % of capacity filled at stadiums...West Stand ?
Westrock (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 17:26
I thought I heard they had spent the money on the School instead!

sutton_sarrie (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 16:22
In the North Stand there are 4 or so seats next to us where the season ticket holders generally stand for games unless it is very wet. If we bring my youngest we have to move to the South Stand generally to get four seats together.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net