rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
TWICKERS HERE WE COME!

Latest: SARACENS 57:33 WASPS
Next SARACENS v EXETER CHIEFS
Sat 26th May 15.00, Twickenham (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: BT Sport Saracens v Exeter Chiefs Aviva Premiership Final 26 May

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Longbottom returns home...
David@Sarries (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 16:40
According to The West Australian Longbottom has signed for Western Force...

It doesn't say when he's leaving though.

Re: Longbottom returns home...
JO'G (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 16:45
blimey - can't we hang on to any tight heads

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

vap (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 18:32
Kieran Brookes leaving Saints. Coincidence? I always rather rated his scrummaging.

Innings (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 19:38
He'd have to up his work rate more than a little.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 20:59
Brookes to Sarries would possibly be the worse signing we have ever completed. Luckily it sounds like he's headed to Wasps.

Roger G (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 07:49
Quote:
OldMarovian
Brookes to Sarries would possibly be the worse signing we have ever completed. Luckily it sounds like he's headed to Wasps.

Wasn't the same said of Matt Stevens....and Justin Marshall....and Jim Hamilton....and Calum Clark? Once again, if our coaching team deemed him worthy of signing I'd be very confident of them shaping him into a Sarrie. We'll see.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 08:07
Roger G Brookes has been to Leicester, Falcons and Northampton at each club he has ultimately under-achieved because he lacks the work ethic and discipline to keep himself in shape. If he was cheap fair enough but we'd be paying a fair wedge for a player who has shown over many seasons that ultimately he doesn't want "it" enough (IMO obviously)

Of the players you mention I don't believe the reservations were ever about their ability as players but rather the baggage they cam with due to reputation, bans, etc

Roger G (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 10:19
Fair points OM, but I'd still trust our coaches if they decided he was worth a shot. It's also worth mentioning that we've taken on a number of players who were a bit lazy and needed to get into better shape, not least among them Billy V (who admits as much in his book).

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 14:05
If he did Join ua he wouldn't be allowed to get away with being Lazy the coaches wouldn't tolerate it and knowing our luck he'd join us for a season get to an amazing level and Dan Cole would pick up an Injury and Brookes would be off with England

mfc (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 14:25
A bad part of me wants to sign him, turn him into a decent player just to wind up Doug from the Maul Over podcast, given his derision of both Brooke’s and us

AP (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 19:39
Quote:
mfc
A bad part of me wants to sign him, turn him into a decent player just to wind up Doug from the Maul Over podcast, given his derision of both Brooke’s and us

That settles it then!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net