rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HONESTY, HUMILITY - REALLY?

Latest: SARACENS 41 : 6 BATH RUGBY
Next LONDON IRISH v SARACENS
Sun 29th april 15.00, MadStad
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Chris Ashton
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 20:30
Scored a hat trick against Stade Francais today. Now closing in on the record for number of tries scored in a season.

Rubbish player. Should never be anywhere near England blah blah.

(Sm161) (for the trolls).

Re: Chris Ashton
Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 21:37
but Eddie would rather have Yarde !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to Chris. Maybe he'll follow Strets and come back home one day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2018 21:38 by Darraghgirl.

AP (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 21:51
I think Eddie has plenty of names ahead of Yarde though ...

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 22:50
Quote:
AP
I think Eddie has plenty of names ahead of Yarde though ...

Now he does. But I suspect DG is referring to the fact that when Eddie was talking about Ashy getting back in the England squad a year or two back he back-tracked and picked Yarde instead.

samgibbo (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 00:54
Class player, poorly treated by the system, delighted he’s doing so well as he deserves it. I feel like he has unfinished business and we’ll see him back in a year or two.

Coughie (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 01:04
At his best for England when a Northampton player.

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 10:07
On a more positive note I see Alex Lewington scored a brace for Irish during their loss to Saints this weekend..!

Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 18:59
Another hat trick this weekend. Scoring tries for fun! 13 for the season in the top 14 and level with Nadolo. He is also the all-time top try scorer in the European Cup with 38. I wonder if Eddie has any regrets for the way he treated him!
Ash Splash!

Sarriebone (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 19:13
Quote:
Darraghgirl
Another hat trick this weekend. Scoring tries for fun! 20 for the season in the top 14 and level with Nadolo. He is also the all-time top try scorer in the European Cup with 38. I wonder if Eddie has any regrets for the way he treated him!
Ash Splash!

He's actually scored 20 this season in 17 Top 14 matches

Thanks - you are of course right!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2018 19:51 by Darraghgirl.

John Tee (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 08:38
Poorly treated by Jones who seems to be an @#$%& when confronted by a player who does not fit into his rigid template. At least for England, Imo.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 15:10
He's on The Rugby Pod this week... not sure he is enjoying France BUT is definitely enjoying French Rugby... visiting other stadiums and not having to play a restrictive structured game... play play play sems to be the order of the day.. Hmmmm

Has conceeded FB is not his best position and needs help with his kicking game. ;-) .. but would like to get the record of trys scored in Top 14... 2 more needed I believe.

Said that after loss to Oyannax at the weekend Fabien Galthié cancelled the plane home and told them to make their own way, apparently!!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Sarriebone (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 17:06
Up to 21 in today's match and taken off with 30 to go. He's welcome back anytime!

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 08:38
Sign him up.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 14:13
Quote:
Darraghgirl
I wonder if Eddie has any regrets for the way he treated him!

I don't think Jones does regrets and that's one of his weaknesses as it means he seldom acknowledges his mistakes.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 15:33
Quote:
OldMarovian
Quote:
Darraghgirl
I wonder if Eddie has any regrets for the way he treated him!

I don't think Jones does regrets and that's one of his weaknesses as it means he seldom acknowledges his mistakes.

+1

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Sarriebone (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:22
He's only gone and broken the record in his first season. Good lad!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:30
Quote:
Sarriebone
He's only gone and broken the record in his first season. Good lad!

Not surprised at all. Would welcome him back with open arms at the drop off a hat. Well done Chris!

Innings (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 22:58
Jones has made a number of errors driven by his ego, and his treatment of Ashy was his second largest. His largest, IMHO, a by a wide margin, was anointing as captain a player who was clearly past his best, not delivering for club or country as captain or player. However, he seems to have no concept of introspection, so perhaps he's got time to make other poor judgements with similar consequences.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 23:29
Missed out on more England caps and a British Lions squad.... because of his attitude?

For me, one of the most natural finishers in rugby. My son plays wing and Chris was the example he always followed, watching the 20 or so support runs that eventually lead him to being on the shoulder when needed, his work rate, especially in attack, is phenomenal. Would have him back at the Saints in a heartbeat.

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 08:49
Attitude? Or perception?

Innings (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:06
Bad management of the player by the coach. Saints and Sarries both got a huge benefit from his playing, and rumours from France say he's doing OK there. Where did he not do well? England under Jones. Where did he do well? everywhere else, including England not under Jones.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

timbo001 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 18:31
Complete misnomer this stuff about Eddie Jones ‘mistreating’ Ashton imo. Eddie picked him for his first 6 Nations and openly talked about what a good player he was. Then Ashton got banned, missed the 6N and for the Summer tour Eddie decided to stick with the wings who won him the GS. He did get picked for the Saxons, but turned it down.

Then come the Autumn Ashton was banned again. How many Tests was he actually even available for under Eddie?

Missing the World Cup and the ludicrous bans much more to blame for Ashton leaving than anything Eddie did imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 18:32 by timbo001.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net