rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Sir for Saturday
Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 10:36
According to Exeter Chiefs for this top of the table clash, we have a referee who has refereed at Twickenham before, he was once an aspiring ex professional rugby player and is used to the midlands... He has refereed Sarries before and of course being such s crucial game the powers at be have put a referee who will be in my opinion one of the best if not the best referee in England...

In 10 years time that is....

Christophe Ridley (4tb premiership game)

Personally think it's fantastic achievement for the young lad, he must be highly rated to ref the top 2 in the premiership!

Let's hope he goes well

Re: Sir for Saturday
Huxley (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 10:55
I was quite impressed with him in both his games for us, but we won, so maybe I'm just being one eyed! I'll happily be one eyed if that continues at the weekend.

I hear murmurings that the weather may play havoc with some of the fixtures, will this be one of them?

28 February, 2018 10:57
I was wondering that also by apparently it's going to be bad tonight and tomorrow and it's just raining on Friday and Saturday in Exeter... So hopefully we will be ok

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 11:00
Braving ‘Worst Great Western’ & heading down tomorrow night!!
I also think Ridley was pretty good in other games he has reffed us smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

TOKS (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 11:06
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
I So hopefully we will be ok

Playing Devil's Advocate "ok" may mean having the game called off smiling smiley

Would help with player availability but certainly wouldn't help with fixture congestion, especially if we were to progress in the Champions Cup.

28 February, 2018 15:18
Haha it may help with player availability but it wouldn't be great for the 300+ traveling fans though....

Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 17:57
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
According to Exeter Chiefs for this top of the table clash, we have a referee who has refereed at Twickenham before, he was once an aspiring ex professional rugby player and is used to the midlands... He has refereed Sarries before and of course being such s crucial game the powers at be have put a referee who will be in my opinion one of the best if not the best referee in England...

Personally think it's fantastic achievement for the young lad, he must be highly rated to ref the top 2 in the premiership!

Let's hope he goes well

Hi Chief here in peace.... Isn't it Matt Carley as ref?

"Get on Exe"

28 February, 2018 18:45
Hi there that is indeed correct originally it was Christophe Ridley he is now assistant with Paul Dix but that wasn't announced until 2pm... How Interesting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2018 19:33 by Seany_Boy0511.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 19:09
Someones had a word!

European champions 2016 & 2017

Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 19:34
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
Hi there that is indeed correct originally it was Christophe Ridley he has is now assistant with Paul Six but that wasn't announced until 2pm... How Interesting

Thanks Seany_Boy0511,

I was looking everywhere to see if we'd got it wrong ..... Gonna be a humdinger for sure. I'll be setting off from Winchester, Saturday morning.... Travel safely those that be coming

"Get on Exe"

Mabolza (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 20:09
[quote Seany_Boy0511]According to Exeter Chiefs for this top of the table clash, we have a referee who has refereed at Twickenham before, he was once an aspiring ex professional rugby player and is used to the midlands... He has refereed Sarries before and of course being such s crucial game the powers at be have put a referee who will be in my opinion one of the best if not the best referee in England...

I think you will find that Chris Ridley was last week Chiefs v Saints ( and he had a very good game )

This week it is Mat Carley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net