rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
PUTTING THE GLOSS ON

Latest: SARACENS 38 : 15 GLOUCESTER RUGBY
Next: Saracens v Bath Rugby Sat 29th Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Bath Rugby, Sat 29th Sept BT Sport 1 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

All Blacks to become feeder club to Harlequins
#wolfpack (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 08:43
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Interesting to see how this one develops

Re: All Blacks to become feeder club to Harlequins
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 10:15
Dont All Blacks mind Championship rugby! smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

mrangry (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 10:23
Not surprisingly the RFU have no objections. But would the rest of the Premiership take kindly to it? There are enough rugby mercenaries here as it is (some of whom seemingly only came to get into the England squad), would such a deal mean more? The French are already concerned about clubs that have academies in the Southern Isles ( Clermont for one) and the number of ex All Blacks, Springboks Fijians etc are throttling the development of Top 14 Frenchmen (so the LNR says) Do we want such a formal agreement in place in England, where Quins win titles with a few Englishmen and 20 Kiwis? Should it happen I suggest Nigel saya to Twickenham they cannot have our England players coz we will need them playing the All Black, Chocolate, grey, Green etc

Innings (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 10:46
Oh Dear, the only proper rugby club in London is discussing becoming a commercial franchise.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

TOKS (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 11:10
I'm sure they are not on peanuts in NZ and so if they are moving to make some dosh then they will probably have to be marquee players. As such, you'd only be able to afford a couple at a time from both a financial viewpoint and to not upset the equilibrium and young players at the club.

Still, a couple of All Blacks, or on the verge of being an AB, would be something that no one would turn their nose up at!

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 11:57
And there's still an obligation for a certain number of EQPs, and given the purpose of the plan, I can't imagine residency shifting the numbers much. Therefore it must be relatively minimal

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

JO'G (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:56
The way I heard this exchange deal was that the NZRFU were vetting clubs for their facilities and training regimes as well as match rotation... before allowing their players to be exchanged

It may be that Quins are the first club to be positively vetted; may be something to do with being in walking distance of the hetel at Twickenham and the prior connections in playing staff. I suppose it helps if you aren't playing games in Europe to spread the load

I would be very surprised if the other club in London isn't far behind them in getting a positive vetting as well

NickL (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:16
I bet Quins won't get as much stick for this as we did for having a few South Africans. Is the number of NZers that they can include in a match-day 23 still limited unless they have dual EU or Kolpak citizenship?

Adey (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 19:05
The article says thereís nothing in place for All Blacks on a sabbatical to automatically go to Quins. Itís more an agreement to send prospects and coaches abroad to give them experience of playing/ training somewhere different. Which is exactly what we did with Alex Sanderson a few years ago and Nathan Earle last season (or the one before).

Nothing to see here. Move on.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 22:38
Can we be a feeder club for the PI Nations?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net