rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
FORGIVING US OUR SINS!

Latest: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS 27 : 38 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby Sun 23rd Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby, Sun 23rd Sept BT Sport

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Schalk Brits
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 11:39
As a chiefs fan there are a number of players I'd prefer not to be shown as playing against us but I have always looked forward to seeing Schalk play. As things stand yesterday was the last time that we Chiefs fans will see him in action at Sandy Park.

After our win in the Prem s/f last year he spent a lot of time signing autographs and having selfies taken and the same yesterday.

He always plays with a smile on his face whilst giving his best.

He will, no doubt, be a loss to Sarries but also a loss to rugby as a whole, a great ambassador for the sport.

Re: Schalk Brits
viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 12:11
You're very kind. We will really miss him, as you said, a great ambassador and a really decent man.

saracens4life (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 15:16
Nice words, thanks

Speaks for itself that there's a thread like this after basically every away game Brits is involved in

JO'G (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 16:47
He was quoted I believe as being very disappointed as a young man when meeting some South African hero who basically blanked him. Made him promise to himself that if he made it, he would never do that

and he kept his promise

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 18:17
He is a true legend to the sport and will be missed I hope we see him around AzP and other grounds when he does stop playing

hopkirk (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 18:45
Rory McIlroy said exactly the same thing, two fine ambassadors for their sport and thoroughly deserve their popularity.

Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 19:01
Fast becoming an (Inter)National Treasure!

Chiefs (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 19:33
I started a thread on the Chiefs forum, he is much loved, much respected and will be sorely missed by us down here at Sandy Park.

Good luck with whatever you do Schalk, hope to see you again. There will always be a very warm welcome for you here.

TOKS (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 22:18
Quote:
hopkirk
Rory McIlroy said exactly the same thing, two fine ambassadors for their sport and thoroughly deserve their popularity.

Rory McIlroy was miffed about being being snubbed by Roy Keane (everyone else would be delighted).

However, the very same Rory McIlroy then said he'd rather watch a Manchester United Champions League game than play in a Ryder Cup. Thus a rather poor analogy to the true sportsman than is Schalk.

Neville (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 08:42
He is irreplaceable.

Axe Chief (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 11:47
He has been one of the most entertaining , but exceptionally competitive, modern day rugby players to grace the professional era. Even so he has managed to retain some of the amateur values.
My abiding memory was directly after what must have been a devastatingly 'defeat out of the jaws victory' last year in the AP Semi-Final. He was the first to congratulate Chiefs' players in a genuine friendly manner. It would have taken me some time to do that.
Rugby will miss him, but you needed panic as Sarries have two of the best to take his place!

primavesi (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 12:21
Agree with everything above. Have had the chance to talk to him a number of times after games and he´s just a really nice guy who loves his job (and all sport in fact, spent ages talking about cricket with him).

I really hope he stays fit so he can go out on his own terms, preferably with his hands around a trophy at the end of the season. What a send off that would be.

Chiefs (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 10:06
Quote:
pri
.........preferably with his hands around a trophy at the end of the season. What a send off that would be.[/quote

The love can go too far you know.(Sm100)

Yorkie (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 14:16
Yep, Brits is one of those annoying and very good players that you'd prefer to be playing for you than agin you. Does he ever have a bad game? When he retires, will be a loss to the sport of rugby union.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net