rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Players we need most
GerryK (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 21:06
Of the 18 or so players absent through injury or international call ups, my selection of the 3 that we need back most urgently to help us at this time are:

Vincent Koch
Michael Rhodes
Jamie George

Interested to see alternative suggestions, but no more than 3 please

Re: Players we need most
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 21:37
Surely owen would be top of list?
Then Mako & Maro for me smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

The Bard (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 21:53
Owen,Billy, Maro

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 21:53
What about Billy?

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 21:55
Snap!

McSaracens (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 22:08
Farrell
Billy
Mako

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

Adey (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 23:07
Billy
Billy
Billy

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 07:44
What other positions would we play him in if we had three billies?

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

MyCupRunnethOver (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 09:07
Quote:
Adey
Billy
Billy
Billy
A winning combination! where would you play 3 Billies?

GerryK (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 09:45
Silly me, how could I have forgotten Billy V on my original message, therefore revised 3:
Koch
Rhodes
Billy V

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 09:58
Quote:
MyCupRunnethOver
Quote:
Adey
Billy
Billy
Billy

I'd rotate them. One at 8, one at 20 and the third refuelling in Nando's. I think a fresh Billy2 replacing Billy1 on 55 minutes might demoralise any opposition.

In answer to Gerry's question I haven't a clue! I think we'll need more than 3 if we're to win either competition and I'm not sure I could argue against anyone's choices if forced to pick 3 - we're missing a huge amount of top quality talent.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 11:12
We need them to be refreshed and refurbished!

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 11:54
My 3 are:

Billy
Mike Rhodes
Owen

Out of interest who do you see playing at 7 from the returning players?

chris87 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 12:05
Quote:
David@Sarries
My 3 are:
Billy
Mike Rhodes
Owen

Out of interest who do you see playing at 7 from the returning players?

I personally the only 7 in our squad is Burger, as this is a gap we havent filled since Will retired.

We have 2 6s (Callum and Mike) and 2 8s (Billy and Sione) with Jackson covering both, I know I am missing players but they are the 1st team ones in my head.
But I struggle to see who plays at 7 when all our backrow is fit, as harsh on Jackson as that is.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 13:11
Chris 87 imho our best Back row is Rhodes 6, Burger 7, and Billy 8 with Wray on the bench

The 3 players who would be useful are Billy Owen and Rhodes for me.. game changers and match Winners (Maro only just misses the cut)

TimH (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 14:44
Front row reinforcements all day long - Mako, Koch and George.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2018 14:44 by TimH.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 21:30
Vunipolae (so it counts as one choice!)
Rhodes
Farrell

ultrasarrie (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 22:33
Seany_Boy0511 - Sorry but I cannot see how Burger is a more valuable asset than Wray - Wray carries better, has a better engine and very, very rarely makes a mistake unlike Burger who is susceptible to forcing an offload that just isn't there.

I agree that we have missed Will and having a genuine 7 who's strong over the ball, unfortunately Joel Conlon has been unlucky with injuries otherwise I thought he could have stepped up to the 1st team more this year. I really think we need a Hamish Watson esque figure to balance up our back row a tad ideally.

ultrasarrie (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 22:33
Seany_Boy0511 - Sorry but I cannot see how Burger is a more valuable asset than Wray - Wray carries better, has a better engine and very, very rarely makes a mistake unlike Burger who is susceptible to forcing an offload that just isn't there.

I agree that we have missed Will and having a genuine 7 who's strong over the ball, unfortunately Joel Conlon has been unlucky with injuries otherwise I thought he could have stepped up to the 1st team more this year. I really think we need a Hamish Watson esque figure to balance up our back row a tad ideally.

JO'G (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 12:24
Quote:
MyCupRunnethOver
Quote:
Adey
Billy
Billy
Billy

I'm given to understand that on top of a bridge with a troll underneath is the generally accepted answer

i'll get my coat ..............

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 13:23
Quote:
Sara'sman
Quote:
MyCupRunnethOver
Quote:
Adey
Billy
Billy
Billy

I'd rotate them. One at 8, one at 20 and the third refuelling in Nando's. I think a fresh Billy2 replacing Billy1 on 55 minutes might demoralise any opposition

Can we have 3 Makos too?

1 Mako.8 Billy. 12. Mako (distribution and kicking) 13 Billy (crashball and offloading)
I endorse the view that the extra Vunipolae do their rest and recovery in either Nandos or the Jelly Baby Emporium.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net