rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Warren on substituting Liam......
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 14:55
......after his (Sm21)

(Full article Gatland on RP))

Hmmmm... needing to send a message...really!

Meanwhile the New Zealand has explained his reasons for substituting Liam Williams following his yellow card against Italy.

He described the Saracen’s man as an “emotional player” and the change was “about sending a subtle message”.

“I thought the yellow card was fair. We had no problems with the yellow card. So whether he gets cited as a result of that. I was disappointed, I didn’t think he was going to make the tackle, that he needed to go that high. It was our penalty, we could have come back for a penalty.”

“The thing about Liam is he’s such an emotional player and that’s what brings the best out of him and wouldn’t afford potentially with that time on the clock for something else to happen. Another yellow card and a red card and put ourselves under that sort of pressure and we just thought what happened with Gareth Davies, just putting your hand out and getting a yellow carded. If Liam potentially had done the same sort of thing it’s two yellow cards and a red card. So it was about sending a subtle message really.”

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: Warren on substituting Liam......
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 15:39
Lets hope he doesnt get cited!

European champions 2016 & 2017

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 16:31
I honestly thought Liam was a little unlucky, but I guess the rules state any high contact is now basically back yellow card, so in balance I guess it's a correct decision

I can kinda of see Warrens reasoning, but I thought he would have given Liam 10 mins rather than just taking him off straight away

I too hope he doesn't get cited as it was dealt with on the pitch? Because if Liam Williams gets cited then surely Anthony Watson does as well?!

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 16:36
I thought Gatland's decision was spot on.

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 16:58
Agreed Tony. Liam has worked to curtail his reputation as being a bit of a hothead and a gentle reminder will do him no harm. Especially if he returns to us better rested! Just hope the citing commissioner doesn't realise he's replaced Ash.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 17:35
If he gets cited and banned it could probably make his getting 60 caps before the end of his contract even more problematic

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net