rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
STH Renewals
ninjafez (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 15:13
I'm assuming the had over of the ticketing to the commercial side has delayed the annual process....

Hi yet thought I'd check as it normally finds my spam folder and a miss it..

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Re: STH Renewals
london pride (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 15:26
I hadn't heard anything yet either.They usually send out details at the end of Feb early March,I just hope there's no great hike in prices when they eventually get round to letting us know.

viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 11:26
Unfortunately, after 17 years, i'll not be renewing mine. Nothing sinister, a little over a year ago me & Mrs View made a lifestyle choice and moved over to Hampshire, Farnborough way. One of the main reasons was to reduce the 80 miles a day i was travelling on the motorways. I completed last season & will complete this one, hopefully @ Twickenham, but the M3, M25 & M1 have finally taken their toll. Hopefully we'll end the season on a high.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 12:17
I suspect ST price rises will be modest this year. They certainly should be as the elephant in the room is of course the West stand development. With the best will in the world this is going to be disruptive and not only to the folks in the West stand. However, when it's all done and dusted I wouldn't be surprised to see a hike then.

BigBri (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 12:56
Was there chat about reduction for snow disrupted game?

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

AlanE (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 12:56
Is there any more news on the West Stand? Is that going to happen at last?

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 13:01
Quote:
viewfromthe22
Unfortunately, after 17 years, i'll not be renewing mine. Nothing sinister, a little over a year ago me & Mrs View made a lifestyle choice and moved over to Hampshire, Farnborough way. One of the main reasons was to reduce the 80 miles a day i was travelling on the motorways. I completed last season & will complete this one, hopefully @ Twickenham, but the M3, M25 & M1 have finally taken their toll. Hopefully we'll end the season on a high.

Empathise with you - our move to Wales necessitated a lot of driving and after 5 years we gave up too. We hoped to find a local team to support but there's not a lot around this part of North Wales. We even tried a one off visit to watch the Crusaders RL side. Basically they just thundered from one end to the other with a bit of wriggling around in the middle.(Sm26)

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 13:27
Quote:
BigBri

There was indeed BigBri but not sure if anything will come of it as club lost 300k on that game!

European champions 2016 & 2017

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 13:33
tpr/22 - a suggestion. I dithered about buying a season ticket this year. With a round trip that's a Bosch shy of 400 miles, two of the games being Anglo Welsh and another two not at AP, I decided not to buy one. Instead I go to most home and away games that are not televised and also games at a variety of local clubs, one walkable. Many of my Sarries away trips are closer to home and I've enjoyed trips to a wide variety of grounds - Saints next week will be my 20th Premiership/Championship ground visited. Wuss is my second favourite tpr, Sale fun too (provided the wind direction is favourable).

Roger G (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 14:02
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Quote:
BigBri

There was indeed BigBri but not sure if anything will come of it as club lost 300k on that game!

I believe the deal is to be a discount on any home knock-out games plus a plan B (as yet unannounced) should we not get a home knock out game this season, as seems a distinct possibility. Not sure if that includes a home country semi if we manage to get past Leinster at the weekend.

viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
28 March, 2018 14:22
Quote:
Sara'sman
tpr/22 - a suggestion. I dithered about buying a season ticket this year. With a round trip that's a Bosch shy of 400 miles, two of the games being Anglo Welsh and another two not at AP, I decided not to buy one. Instead I go to most home and away games that are not televised and also games at a variety of local clubs, one walkable. Many of my Sarries away trips are closer to home and I've enjoyed trips to a wide variety of grounds - Saints next week will be my 20th Premiership/Championship ground visited. Wuss is my second favourite tpr, Sale fun too (provided the wind direction is favourable).

I have been looking around and within reasonable distance i have Trojans in Eastleigh plus Basingstoke & Andover. You're right though, half a dozen or so trips to away games would be a good idea. Sarries @ LI is the obvious 1, at least until they move to TW8

gandg (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 10:10
We moved to Hampshire last season and renewed our STs for this season. Yes it can be a pain, usually 3 hours there, 2 back. We have found someone to share driving with so its easier. If its peeing down and the game is on TV, we watch at home and usually manage to give our tickets away. This year I will qualify for a pensioners discount, I know, I don't look that old.! The benefits are that we only really need to go to about 10 games to make it pay, and when we qualify for non STH games, we get priority, so its still worth it! Further, we still retain our seats in the luvly North Stand!

Roger G (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 12:35
Quote:
gandg
We moved to Hampshire last season and renewed our STs for this season. Yes it can be a pain, usually 3 hours there, 2 back. We have found someone to share driving with so its easier. If its peeing down and the game is on TV, we watch at home and usually manage to give our tickets away. This year I will qualify for a pensioners discount, I know, I don't look that old.! The benefits are that we only really need to go to about 10 games to make it pay, and when we qualify for non STH games, we get priority, so its still worth it! Further, we still retain our seats in the luvly North Stand!

Pensioners' discount? That's a new one to me. What's the age threshold (if you don't mind me asking) and how much do you get off?

VR1997 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 12:53
65. About 100 on North Stand, not sure about other stands.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 15:48
Quote:
With a round trip that's a Bosch shy of 400 miles

20 miles isn't so bad a journey, surely? (Sm100)

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Innings (IP Logged)
05 April, 2018 22:53
I've always had to make pretty much a whole day of attending home games. Living on the M3 or M4, followed by M25 and M1 isn't a perfect way of spending a weekend lunchtime or evening, but that's part of the process of being a supporter. It used to gall me that on one route I drove within half a mile of Irish, followed by passing Wasps at High Wycombe within a few miles. On another route I pass within five miles of the Stoop. For some reason I prefer 60 miles each way to the shorter distance to the Stoop or MadStad, and of course Wasps solved for me the never-happen option of transferring my support there.

Keept the Faith - it's better than being forced out to weed a flower bed or clear a gutter.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Maroon Tyke (IP Logged)
07 April, 2018 17:19
Quote:
gandg
This year I will qualify for a pensioners discount, I know, I don't look that old.!
What sort of mirror have you got Graham and where can I buy one too?

gandg (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:00
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
gandg

Pensioners' discount? That's a new one to me. What's the age threshold (if you don't mind me asking) and how much do you get off?

65 at the beginning of the season. Not too sure of the discount, but I think we pay roughly 250 now, and roughly 180 next season.

gandg (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:05
Quote:
Maroon Tyke
Quote:
gandg
This year I will qualify for a pensioners discount, I know, I don't look that old.!
What sort of mirror have you got Graham and where can I buy one too?

I've been insulted in better places than this!

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:28
Quote:
Innings
I've always had to make pretty much a whole day of attending home games

Me too. Lots of drinking. Twenty minutes to AP. 3 hours for the game. Twenty minutes home. Lots more drinking. 12 hours of my day easily (Sm42)

maynas (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:52
Strangely still have heard nothing official about ST Renewals, anyone heard anything recently?

TOKS (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:59
Quote:
VR1997

We are Silver in the East Stand and my father (who is 86!) does not get a OAP discount, it stopped a few years ago. So I think (repeat think) it just applies to the red and black and bronze categories.

Roger G (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:59
Quote:
VR1997

Quote:
gandg
65 at the beginning of the season. Not too sure of the discount, but I think we pay roughly 250 now, and roughly 180 next season.

Thanks both. Sadly (or happily?) I'm not quite there yet but happily (or sadly?) not too long to wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 10:00 by Roger G.

kakshaks (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 10:53
Dig around online in your tickets account and there is a new advice on your revised STH price for next year. Then throw pc/phone/tablet onto the floor in anger and jump up and down on it swearing and effing and jeffing for the rest of the day.

duchessmalfi (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 11:32
Red & Black appears to have gone up from 285 to 305.

nedrichards (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 11:46
Silver at 475 (including 5 booking fee) up from 450.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 11:58
6-7%ish

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Roger G (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 11:59
Quote:
kakshaks
Dig around online in your tickets account and there is a new advice on your revised STH price for next year. Then throw pc/phone/tablet onto the floor in anger and jump up and down on it swearing and effing and jeffing for the rest of the day.

Yikes......or should I say "hikes"!!! Looks like my Gold seat has been re-classified as Platinum without telling me, and has gone up by around 50%. I don't suppose anybody has asked and got a sensible answer about why it's happened and what the options might be? Does Platinum give you anything extra except a bigger bill?

primavesi (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 12:00
[www.saracens.com]

Edward Griffiths, chief executive, said: "Recent increases in season ticket prices have brought us into line with comparable Premiership clubs, and any future increases, if necessary, will be linked to the rate of inflation for the foreseeable future.

It looks like the "forseeable future" is over.

Foxtrot Echo Zulu (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 12:06
Looks like a reclassification of seating is on the cards.

My silver ST in E8 is now showing as a gold, so the price change will be from 450 (inc Fee) upto 705..... Yay.

Foxtrot Echo Zulu (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 12:23
Quote:
Foxtrot Echo Zulu
Looks like a reclassification of seating is on the cards.
My silver ST in E8 is now showing as a gold, so the price change will be from 450 (inc Fee) upto 705..... Yay.

Having just checked again, this "renewal" is no longer showing in my order history on my account.

Maybe it was posted in error?
Maybe it was posted to soon?

lets wait and see.....

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 12:23
Wasn't able to renew this year through missing number of matches. Not the case for next year! Can't find next seasons prices - but would appear that for this season a standing ST is silver. Is that correct? If so bizarre

DublinSarrie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 12:26
Just checked and the big choker for me is that my 3 kid's under 24s silver season tickets in the lower west have gone from 165 this season to 280 for next.

That's put the tin hat on me bringing them along regularly next season.

Waldo (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:01
Mine seems to have increased from 640 to 660

Roger G (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:09
Quote:
Waldo

That's strange. I thought you were in the same block as me (E4), 3 or 4 rows in front of me, unless you've moved. Mine has gone from 660 to 1030.

BigBri (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:24
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
Waldo

That's strange. I thought you were in the same block as me (E4), 3 or 4 rows in front of me, unless you've moved. Mine has gone from 660 to 1030.

Mine is showing up from 665 to 1035 and reclassified to platinum. Either massive cock up or another massive hike in prices. the price has tripled since we left Watford!

[images.google.co.uk]

Waldo (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:32
Still where I was Roger _ I think I get reduced price because I have to sit behind London Pride ! (Sm14)

I think there is a 7.50 handling fee to add on to that .

In all seriousness ,It seems like the seats further up may have been "re-classified" as Bri says has increased considerably.

Lets hope it's a bit of a c*ck up !

you watch - mine will now increase I've said that .

GraemeW (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:34
I'm in the very front row of E6 which is/was Gold. Like Roger G, this was showing as changed from Gold to Platinum in Mt Account and therefore a price hike of 640 to 1,030. This has now disappeared from My Account, so hopefully was an error.

Although my seat is in a good position on the 22, I cannot see that sitting in a temporary stand fully exposed to the elements is in any way comparable with the padded dry Platinum seats further back in the East Stand. I can just about justify to myself the cost of the seat at 600+ but not at 1,000+

BigBri (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:38
Quote:
GraemeW
I'm in the very front row of E6 which is/was Gold. Like Roger G, this was showing as changed from Gold to Platinum in Mt Account and therefore a price hike of 640 to 1,030. This has now disappeared from My Account, so hopefully was an error.
Although my seat is in a good position on the 22, I cannot see that sitting in a temporary stand fully exposed to the elements is in any way comparable with the padded dry Platinum seats further back in the East Stand. I can just about justify to myself the cost of the seat at 600+ but not at 1,000+

Same here Graeme

[images.google.co.uk]

Saraken (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:41
Mine in E8 reclassified as gold from silver has gone up to 700. Now no U24 discount or OAP discount

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:51
I feel daft for having to ask but how do I work out what my seats cost next season?

GraemeW (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:54
This is Saracens own definitions of Gold & Platinum from the web site:

Gold

Gold tickets at Allianz Park are available in centre of the East Stand in Blocks 3 7 and also in the West Upper Stand. All gold seats are under cover but some are subject to weather conditions if the weather is particularly inclement. Prices for Gold seating are 55.00. There are no concessions in the Gold category.

Platinum

Platinum tickets can be found at the back of blocks 3 & 7 in the East Stand. In the Platinum category the seats are padded and all seats are fully undercover. Prices for Platinum seats are 71.00. There are no concessions in the Platinum category.

I hope they are not going to try and now justify charging the same price for both under a reclassification.

Coughie (IP Logged)
Perhaps you might receive a new Fez with a Fez Club 5 year debenture?

He adds unhelpfully.

(Sm100)

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

Saraken (IP Logged)

Roger G (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:56
Quote:
OldMarovian
I feel daft for having to ask but how do I work out what my seats cost next season?

Log into tickets on the fish, sign in, click "Order history" in the options on the right then see details of the top item in the list.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:07
This is not going to go down well!!!
It appears a gold seat is now level with try line not sure any other ground has same pricing!!
Time for a fans forum! smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:21
The pricing page for 2017-2018 current season tickets is still up for comparison purposes.
This may not show up well on a phone - better on a PC.

https://www.saracens.com/Media/Default/Attachments/stadium.jpg

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 15:34
Tks Saraken and Roger G. For some reason it's not showing it just all the additional tickets I have bought :/

Roger G (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 15:38
Can you see anything under "subscriptions"? If not maybe you're not signed up for auto-renewal (if that exists)....or maybe you've just been evicted!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 15:39 by Roger G.

nicsue (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:13
Quote:
TOKS
Quote:
VR1997

We are Silver in the East Stand and my father (who is 86!) does not get a OAP discount, it stopped a few years ago. So I think (repeat think) it just applies to the red and black and bronze categories.

We have an over 65 in our East Stand Silver group and he gets a discount.
It is also quoted in the 2017/18 post from Gazzafez above.
Time to get on the phone methinks.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net