rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Re: STH Renewals
JuliaP (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:15
Just received an email from SUpporter services and gold seta in E4 are now Platinum and Platinum further back are Platinum Plus...............

As the current season draws to a close we are pleased to let you know that the renewal process for 2018/19 season tickets will go live next week.

At Saracens we are always looking to the future and working to ensure that we maintain our position as one of the most successful clubs in world rugby.

As some of you may be aware, as part of the renewal process this season there will be a number of changes to how Allianz Park is categorised. These changes will enable us to build upon our recent successes and provide more opportunities for us to continue making memories as a club in the future.

Details of the new seat categories around the stadium are illustrated in the below map.

Thank you for your continuing support; we look forward to welcoming you back to the stands at Allianz Park this weekend for Bath and in September for the new season.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:25
My new ‘gold’ seat is still in line with touchline but now costs £255 more
I am now looking along with about 5 or 6 of us to go to E9 or North stand

European champions 2016 & 2017

Kevetty (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:33
The recent email from Supporter Services is just a load of marketing Bo**ocks, to try and justify a price hike. yvette and I will be joining you Tim in a move!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 17:35 by Kevetty.

Lucysarrie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:44
Looks as if our bronze seats in the east stand are now silver according to email .I am probably being thick but where do I find out the difference in price signed into the website and can't seem to find any details . Help please looks as if we are are going to be moving though

09 April, 2018 17:47
You should have an email but as far as I can make out there are no longer any bronze seats in east stand

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:48
Thanks Roger G. Have just caught up on my emails. Reclassified as Platinum which means an extra 30%+? and the end of my ST.

I like where I sit but think I will come and watch fewer games rather than pay for the price hike especially as work means I don't get to about a third of the games each season.

Anyone with STs in the middle of the East stand fancy facetiming me the side on view through the match whilst I sit in the North for the atmosphere smiling smiley

Lucysarrie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:52
Only email I have received is the standard one saying seats being re categorised not specific to us

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:55
I think that's the same as mine LucySarrie but if you look at the colours on the stadium plan you'll see if you've been reclassified and using last seasons prices you can have a good guess at the price increase you can expect.

Like HS I think mine is going to be £200+

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:55
Logged in.... can't see ST for next year....

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Roger G (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:04
Ticket office told me the prices on the fish were a mistake and shouldn't have been shown......yet. I suppose they wanted to get the excuses lined up first. Personally I'd have preferred them to be honest and say due to high demand the prices are going up dramatically. Can't really omplain about supply and demand driving up prices....but can be peed off a bit at the way it's been presented.

09 April, 2018 18:20
56% increase!!
If they want to get rid of long standing supporters they’re doing a great job!

Kevetty (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:29
I have been a season ticket holder with 2 tickets for over 20 years. Just fired off an email to Supporter Services but don’t expect any joy! Didn’t think NW would try and recoup his recent outlay so soon!

nicsue (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:31
Hmmm, seems our Silver seats will be Gold next season. Wonder how we are going to get on moving seven of us together to the remaining Silver seats? Not a chance. Bang goes our happy little group who have sat together since arriving at Allianz. This is the side of Saracens that I don't like.

highland sarrie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:40
i too have been mugged by the club ... thanks for all the years of support and travelling all over the world to follow them is to see a 40% increase to sit in the same seat I have sat in for all the years at Allianz

I appreciate prices were going to go up but over the years to go from £400 to £420 to £435 and £450 for this season to £700 is a joke .... I am no closer to the bar or the toilets !!

I have only been following sarries for 15 years, so not as long as some posters on here, but personally I think this is pretty sh*t treatment from the club

VR1997 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:57
Supporter Services haven't been informed yet. Email on renewals to season ticket holders next Monday.

Paulr58 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:59
As a loyal season ticket holder for 13 years and purchase 3 Gold tickets evert year, this is a dreadful way to treat supporters. How can they justify upgrading my gold season ticket to platinum when the seat has not changed and I will still get wet when it rains, its crazy !!!!. If this is correct I will not be renewing my season tickets and they will lose 3 loyal supporters.

09 April, 2018 19:08
Quote:
highland sarrie
i too have been mugged by the club ... thanks for all the years of support and travelling all over the world to follow them is to see a 40% increase to sit in the same seat I have sat in for all the years at Allianz
I appreciate prices were going to go up but over the years to go from £400 to £420 to £435 and £450 for this season to £700 is a joke .... I am no closer to the bar or the toilets !!

I have only been following sarries for 15 years, so not as long as some posters on here, but personally I think this is pretty sh*t treatment from the club
+1

Eurosarrie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:11
+ another one...

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:29
Ouch! Just received my email confirming reclassification of our seats. A tidy £710 increase based on last year's prices alone and that's not taking into account any price increases for this year. Even at say 5% that would hike the total increase to approx £750! eye popping smiley

A routine price rise is one thing and in the current circumstances with the development of the West stand in the pipeline you would think any rise would be modest. But this kind of wholesale reclassification of seats if frankly disingenuous to put it mildly!

As others have mentioned the chances of re-seating our group which has sat together throughout the VR years is virtually zero. Really poor form.

The answer of course will be that Nigel has put his hands in his pockets to buy the 50% share of the club from Johann Rupert and so it's now time to share the pain!

CambridgeSarrie. (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:31
Any red and black sth's got an idea of prices?

Here we go! Dah. Dah-dah-dee-dah....

BigBri (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:39
My rise is 64% from 660 to 1030 and the price has risen threefold since we got to Allianz. Our group are 9 and is unlikely we will be able to sit together anywhere else so big decisions to be made. I guess Premiership football prices for about half the number games is taking the p*ss but each person will have to make their their own choice.

I am currently in shock and it will all depend on demand for the platinum seats by current or by waiting list. Feels like a rinsing and wonder what will happen if we have a slump like Stains at some point in next few years. I have been following Sarries since 1972 so disappointing to be treated like this. All good things come to an end I guess and just to think it was our Fez 21st this year. Looks like it may be one Original Fezboy form next year and e never got an invite to be Fez Club members, should have been on house lol

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 19:43 by BigBri.

london pride (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 20:11
This is just a badly disguised way of implementing a huge price rise.As I said elsewhere, we as supporters and season ticket holders have been constantly told how important we are to the club.Well it's a b****y funny way of showing it.I think most expected a price rise but not this.

Mac L (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 20:11
I haven't had the email telling me the price, I think I still have the same category of seat but yet to see what the price increase is

ninjafez (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 20:22
I'm starting to think that this could have been the club testing waters, I'm r&b so getting £20, I think the club will be backtracking..... Hope thats happen

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Waldo (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 20:25
Quote:
Waldo

Lets hope it's a bit of a c*ck up !

you watch - mine will now increase I've said that .

Well looks like my prediction has come true - I appear to now be in the £1000 category !

If that does turn out to be the case I won’t be renewing. What exactly do I get for that huge price hike ? I’m still on a temporary seat - I still get wet when it rains - I’m still the same distance from the bar and the toilets !

I shall still support Saracens , but not as a STH , TV and select away games.

My season ticket budget may well be better spent @ Bedford Blues !

Very poorly handled by the club - did they really think by “re classifying” the seats no one would notice it was really a massive price increase ?

Still I’m sure they are folks queuing up to pay £1000 for my seat - so it won’t matter if I don’t renew .

Rant over.

09 April, 2018 20:37
Going crazy on social media people are really up in arms!
Maybe they think the occasional fans will pay the prices?

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 21:29
As has been mentioned to me one glimmer of hope would be that the reclassification of seats might only apply to new season ticket holders and the existing STHs could renew for the price increase only.

However I suspect the club has a long list of people waiting for season tickets not bothered about the price (as many are going to platinum in the hospitality section) so it's a case of take it or leave it.

Don't hold your breath!

BigBri (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 21:34
Quote:
Waldo
Quote:
Waldo

Lets hope it's a bit of a c*ck up !

you watch - mine will now increase I've said that .

Well looks like my prediction has come true - I appear to now be in the £1000 category !

If that does turn out to be the case I won’t be renewing. What exactly do I get for that huge price hike ? I’m still on a temporary seat - I still get wet when it rains - I’m still the same distance from the bar and the toilets !

I shall still support Saracens , but not as a STH , TV and select away games.

My season ticket budget may well be better spent @ Bedford Blues !

Very poorly handled by the club - did they really think by “re classifying” the seats no one would notice it was really a massive price increase ?

Still I’m sure they are folks queuing up to pay £1000 for my seat - so it won’t matter if I don’t renew .

Rant over.

Can’t believe they have tripled price since we got there Waldo

[images.google.co.uk]

darktagnan (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:33
Fuming.
here is an extract from my response to supporter services:

I can only describe this “reclassification” – or “mass price hike” to give it its proper name – as alarming & disrespectful towards long standing supporters whose incomes have absolutely not been increasing in line with the fantasy economics of the sports & leisure industry. Do we really want to be more expensive than the Wendyballers at Arsenal?
“SOME OF YOU MAY BE AWARE” – who? How? Why not come clean with all of us?
These changes may also result in attending matches on a regular basis becoming a memory, never mind making new ones
signed as

(one of the original Saracens members who voted Nigel in)

McSaracens (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:47
To add insult to injury I’ve read that that the Clermont game that was rescheduled due to snow on the Monday will not be credited back as previously informed......

Dreadful.

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

ultrasarrie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:48
I appreciate anger at some of the ridiculous price hikes, but sitting in the west stand isn't the be-all and end-all, you can sit in the lower west stand for far better value for money.

Plus there are very few season ticket holders in the silver category and virtually none in the bronze so there is plenty of potential to move large groups into the stand. Yes there's no roof but you get wet in the west stand anyway when it rains. Or move to the north/south stands where the atmosphere tends to be better and you can get a completely different perspective of the game e.g. players running lies that you simply don't get sitting on the touchline.

I understand that the ultimately the west stand is being developed but for next season at least this could be the solution to fans who still want to come but cant afford the ridiculous price hikes.

Barnesy (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 02:06
Had 3 Red & Black season tickets (£149 for mine I think) when we moved from Watford.

Got allocated tickets high up in the end of the East stand(In the Dry).

End of the season, seats got reclassified to Silver tier.

Moved to front row of the other end of the east stand. (2 Bronze tier Season tickets)

Now these seats have been reclassified to Silver (£445+ depending on renewal increase).

Move to the west looks likely, with no way of knowing until Sunday what our match day friends will do.

villagesarrie (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 06:32
Having looked at a couple of other clubs' websites, granted those that are doing badly BUT still in the Premiership, and those I've actually been able to see the prices for - couldn't see prices for Exeter & Wasps - Quins' most expensive season ticket is £735 for a new one and Saints £715 for a new one, Renewals are discounted. Ours are hardly "in line" with those. Perhaps the more successful teams, mentioned above, would be more comparable I guess - it would be interesting to know.

BigBri (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 09:03
Quote:
villagesarrie
Having looked at a couple of other clubs' websites, granted those that are doing badly BUT still in the Premiership, and those I've actually been able to see the prices for - couldn't see prices for Exeter & Wasps - Quins' most expensive season ticket is £735 for a new one and Saints £715 for a new one, Renewals are discounted. Ours are hardly "in line" with those. Perhaps the more successful teams, mentioned above, would be more comparable I guess - it would be interesting to know.

Tigers most expensive appears to be £580 for next season

[images.google.co.uk]

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 09:08
Quote:
ultrasarrie
I understand that the ultimately the west stand is being developed but for next season at least this could be the solution to fans who still want to come but cant afford the ridiculous price hikes.

Until the west stand gets redeveloped at which point it will be more expensive then the East!

To be fair though lots of good points in your post though.

boston chief (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 10:14
For a bit of comparison, Chiefs adult ST renewals are:

630 Main Grandstand - If there are any available!
North Terrace standing (behind posts) 355
South Comms (seats) 510 (centre/365 (sides)
East Terrace Central 436
East Terrace North & South 405

We do offer student/child discounts but no senior ones.

Always difficult to compare really. Look at geographical issues, proximity to London with the associated inflated wages and house prices etc. Compared to down here with low wages and high house prices. Wasps would probably admit that Coventry is a lot cheaper to live in than either Devon or outer London. Transport cost/time is another area very hard to compare. Much harder for you guys I think, even with all the various options, distant travellers will suffer motorway madness if driving!

As usual, supply & demand. If you are top performing team I guess we have to expect this. Alternatively, do what I've done, stop buying one and be selective about when you go! Plenty of good away games to tempt you.

See you at Twickenham in May.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 11:28
My seat in the East appears to have jumped two categories... Can that be right?

I am yet to get my email of doom from the club, but if it is a considerable increase I may join the scramble for any remaining seats in the North.

RobB (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 11:38
A few years ago when they stopped any child prices in Gold, I (along with a few others) contacted Ed Griffiths direct. I made him an offer of what I would be willing to pay and he accepted it. The offer was fair and reasonable for a small increase of about 5% and I explained that if he didn't accept then he would loose us for good. This arrangement then carried on for a couple of years until my kids were not kids no more.

He did ask me at the time to keep it quiet but that time has long passed.

So before you all chuck it in and move seats or leave, contact the club, let them know you are willing to pay £XXX and see how you get on. I am lucky that my gold seats are the correct side of the aisle to remain gold but if it wasn't I would be contacting the club and telling them I will pay the new Gold rate for 18/19 as a starting point.

Good luck but i'm quite sure that a reasonable negotiation is the way forward.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 12:01
Quote:
boston chief
For a bit of comparison, Chiefs adult ST renewals are:
630 Main Grandstand - If there are any available!
North Terrace standing (behind posts) 355
South Comms (seats) 510 (centre/365 (sides)
East Terrace Central 436
East Terrace North & South 405

We do offer student/child discounts but no senior ones.

Well we are certainly a lot cheaper sitting behind the posts. And standing is cheager also.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 12:45
Does the SSA (Saracens Supporters Association) as the official body representing fans, have a stated position on this? I appreciate that most if not all of you are caught up in this as well, but am interested to see if you have made or intend to make an 'official' response to the club?

Waldo (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 12:57
They do indeed - quotes below fron their Twitter account

We, as a committee, are equally affected by the potential price increases and the way they have been communicated. We are very aware of our members feelings on this matter and following a committee meeting tonight we intend to pass on your views to the Club tomorrow.

We’d advise all members who are affected to contact Supporter Services direct as in these situations numbers often count.
We have arranged a meeting with PTP and Saracens management next week where among other things, raise these matters if required once the figures are confirmed

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 13:27
How times change. A few years ago when we decided not to renew, due to our circumstances changing, a very nice young man called and asked if there was anything he could offer that would make us change our minds. We explained it was a domestic problem rather than not wanting to physically support anymore, but his call was appreciated. I think EG was still around then though.

viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 13:33
Can you tell me where you are getting the prices from please? I had an e-mail this morning advising the renewal process would start next week but that didn't mention cost. Cant see anything on the FISH either

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 13:40
It's horrible news and the way it's been done isn't good. When you have bad news get it out there and don't dress it up as good news.

But, I don't want to sound insensitive (I pay a fortune already for 2 tickets, 2 matches a season are in horrible locations (Twickenham and another stadium) and I generally miss 2 or 3 other matches so a price rise hurts) but here's how NW is probably looking at it.

He's been supporting losses to a huge extent so far and his partner has just bailed out. He's got to raise north of £30 million pounds to fund a new stand and a training ground and the only way he can do that with a new partner without being "wiped out" by having to hand over control is by showing that the "business" can be sustainable.

Home matches just about sell out now as does hospitality and the crowd aren't about to start drinking a load more beer even if that could make a difference.

The losses are about £2.5 million per season and once the West Stand is done there are 10,500 seats.

So that's an average price rise of £240 per seat but not all the seats are being recategorised so some will have a much greater price rise.

Many will not renew, all of us will complain and be hurt, but I can't see NW has any choice without the club being wrested from him or him putting in yet another eye watering amount of money which, after the £50 million odd he's put in already, he might not have.

nicsue (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 14:01
Quote:
Duncan96
It's horrible news and the way it's been done isn't good. When you have bad news get it out there and don't dress it up as good news.
But, I don't want to sound insensitive (I pay a fortune already for 2 tickets, 2 matches a season are in horrible locations (Twickenham and another stadium) and I generally miss 2 or 3 other matches so a price rise hurts) but here's how NW is probably looking at it.

He's been supporting losses to a huge extent so far and his partner has just bailed out. He's got to raise north of £30 million pounds to fund a new stand and a training ground and the only way he can do that with a new partner without being "wiped out" by having to hand over control is by showing that the "business" can be sustainable.

Home matches just about sell out now as does hospitality and the crowd aren't about to start drinking a load more beer even if that could make a difference.

The losses are about £2.5 million per season and once the West Stand is done there are 10,500 seats.

So that's an average price rise of £240 per seat but not all the seats are being recategorised so some will have a much greater price rise.

Many will not renew, all of us will complain and be hurt, but I can't see NW has any choice without the club being wrested from him or him putting in yet another eye watering amount of money which, after the £50 million odd he's put in already, he might not have.

So why hasn't the Club given us this explanation. Many of us would accept this and not complain. Wouldn't affect our ability to pay the additional amount, but would save a lot of the angst which is bound to be dragged into the mainstream press sooner or later.

Rupes (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 14:41
Not the club's finest hour in my view. So many other ways of dealing with this, but no the off-field side has once again not covered itself in glory.

Although it does confirm what most knew, this is a business. Supporter loyalty is at best taken for granted - "we're confident we'll sell tickets at this price, regardless of what anyone thinks". Who was it talked about scarcity as a positive for Saracens?!

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 14:52
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Going crazy on social media people are really up in arms!
Maybe they think the occasional fans will pay the prices?

Maybe the real price rise will only be 20% so when it's revealed we all sigh in relief and think it could have been worse!

FWIW having had a day to digest this my feeling is the club owes me nothing. Unlike many on here I haven't supported for a decade plus and it's normally just two of us rather than a massive group. I have however paid for a ST for a number of seasons knowing I won't be able to get to between a third and half the of games (so it would have been cheaper to but tickets individually) but regarding that guaranteed income for the club as part of my support. A 30-60% rise makes that untenable, unfortunately.

I can't believe that the club hasn't done the maths on this so as said above for such a large increase they must either be confident that enough will moan but suck it up or that they have enough casuals to make it worth their while. I do seem to remember then saying they capped STs last season (can anyone confirm?)

One of the best things about this season for me has been even at some of the fixtures against smaller clubs the games have been really well attended. I am ignorant of how much revenue this hike will raise but it would be a shame if it was at the expense of the atmosphere of a practically full stadium most games.

Rant over. See you in the "cheap" seats smiling smiley

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 15:52
Quote:
nicsue
Quote:
Duncan96

So why hasn't the Club given us this explanation. Many of us would accept this and not complain. Wouldn't affect our ability to pay the additional amount, but would save a lot of the angst which is bound to be dragged into the mainstream press sooner or later.

It looks like the announcement has been a cock up with something posted to the website before it was meant to. If my analysis is right, I've put it in pretty blunt terms that NW might be a bit embarassed about saying. I expect they'll say it in code next week along the lines of "needed for long term stability" etc

King Zak (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 16:14
Slightly OT, but not entirely unrelated

[www.google.co.uk]

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

DublinSarrie (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 16:21
Quote:
King Zak
Slightly OT, but not entirely unrelated
[www.google.co.uk]

I've asked Supporter Services to confirm (yet to hear back), but the price of a silver under 24s tickets (lower west) has been increased from £165 to £280. Can't see how that will entice the younger and potential next generation of Saracens fans.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net