rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Season Ticket Prices - A prediction
kakshaks (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:00
Just starting this thread about Season Ticket prices for 2018-2019 with a prediction. This thread will evolve into the most viscous, sweary, aggressive and anti-club thread ever...... good luck everybody!

Re: Season Ticket Prices - A prediction
Eurosarrie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:02
Price increase of existing seat allocations is an acceptable fact of success and economics (inflation etc.). The problem with the latest proposal is for a complete change in seat designations (gold to platinum etc.) without any discussion with the customer! Surely this is unacceptable in any "contract" arrangement?

london pride (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:55
Quote:
Eurosarrie
Price increase of existing seat allocations is an acceptable fact of success and economics (inflation etc.). The problem with the latest proposal is for a complete change in seat designations (gold to platinum etc.) without any discussion with the customer! Surely this is unacceptable in any "contract" arrangement?

Quite agree,if this is what is going to happen, I think it's just another way of introducing a huge rise in prices and disguising it by changing seat designations.My seat hasn't changed position, it's in the same place it always has been,but there is a huge rise in cost.We're constantly told how important we are to the club, well it's a b****y funny way of showing it.

PhillFez (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:16
Second time it's happened to us silver became gold and discount didn't apply now silver becomes gold again unless another sideways move. Any further and I'll be in the car park so I won't renew and stay at home saving money, grief and being ignored. Hardly the 'ethic' proposed by Saracens per se.

Coughie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:54
I have every sympathy with those who feel ambushed by these increases; there does seem to be an element of subterfuge from the Club here.

I downgraded from Silver East stand to Red/Black East Standing the last time there were big price increases.

At AzP I stopped buying programmes, food, cut down on the beer and I rarely buy anything from the club shop. I eat outside the ground and buy a 35cl bottle of Waitrose own brand whiskey instead. I do like the Wolfpack bus but the Olympic Bar is too busy now.

With the money I've saved I acquired membership of Middlesex County Cricket Club. That is now only costing me £245 per annum and the facilities at Lords are second to none. It is something I always meant to do but somehow never got round to it before. It has the value that my Saracens season tickets once had.

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

Waldo (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 06:14
I'll see you in Bowlers Bar for a couple of the summer then Coughie (Sm128)

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 06:41
Great idea Coughie but Canterbury would be my preferred destination! smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2018 06:43 by Highbury Saracen.

primavesi (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 08:20
I dont really see what the point of this thread was. People are allowed to express an opinion and to be upset if they are subject to massive inflation busting price increases.

I also think from the clubs point of view it could be a bit of an own goal. We all know they need to reach profitability, but the way to achieve that is surely to get bums on seats, spending money at the bar, in the shop etc and hopefully to end up with a waiting list for season tickets. That would then be the time to creep the prices up or a modest stadium size expansion.

I also agree with others that there is a right and wrong way to raise ticket prices. To me it is just another indication in how much the quality of communication from the club has dropped since Edward left.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 08:56
Its like this thread is in its own little bubble.

We were all worried (well I was) last week about the fact that our SA shareholder withdrew his support for the club. Many expressed a desire for the club to break even also. The salary cap has increased and I am sure Nigel and the other shareholders have also had to dig deep to support this.

If we are selling out the ground for nearly all the 1st team games and the bar tills are ringing how do people think that the club will raise revenue to meet the shortfall?

Its your personal decision as to whether you go with the rises or opt out and downgrade or stop coming. The seats at the ground are a commodity that the club need to gain the maximum revenue that their customers can stand.

I will wait to see what the rises are as I appreciate our success comes at a cost that we all have to share.

BigBri (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 09:00
Match day revenue is never going to be enough for club to break even no matter how much they rinse u. It has to be the peripheral uses of the hospitality to earn revenue daily.

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 09:36
I bet no other clubs ‘gold’ seats are in line with try line or platinum seats out in rain!!!
P155 take sad smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

daz_71 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 11:05
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
I bet no other clubs ‘gold’ seats are in line with try line or platinum seats out in rain!!!
P155 take sad smiley

Interesting point. Does anyone have comparable seat pricing from other clubs? My seat in E2 looks to be upgraded to Gold from Silver taking the price to around £700 per year. The pricing is now getting to a stage where it is a million miles away from some of the cheaper season tickets at PL football for less games and not forgetting 2 games that are played 'away' (Double Header if it's a home match and the Wembley/London Stadium game) where the seats and atmosphere are invariably sh!tter than at AP.

WOTAFLANKER (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 11:47
I've been informed that sales in the East Stand are poor resulting in swathes of empty seats. Does anyone have any verifiable figures?

Paulr58 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 12:48
Looking on Saracens website looks like around 50% have been sold.

WOTAFLANKER (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 14:00
E2 Row W 75% unsold (Sm103)

primavesi (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 16:31
That is the stand that you can see on TV. Terrible terrible optics for the club and entirely of their own making.

Waldo (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 17:43
My old Manor - Lower E4 is looking very sadly undersold right now !

https://image.ibb.co/gTbJG8/Lower_E4.jpg

london pride (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 18:25
Ah look Waldo, there's my old seat,Pete is probably still there, but peering over like Kilroy.

Re: Season Ticket Prices - So Long and Thanks for All the Fish etc etc etc
Coughie (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 10:34

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net