rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HONESTY, HUMILITY - REALLY?

Latest: SARACENS 41 : 6 BATH RUGBY
Next LONDON IRISH v SARACENS
Sun 29th april 15.00, MadStad
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

JK going
VR1997 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:00
John Kingston to leave Quins at the end of the season.

Re: JK going
ninjafez (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 20:24
What a stupid idea to give him an extension, bet he's laughing his head off...

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 08:44
That's a shame. I really wanted him there another season.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 08:50
I was chatting to some Quins fans before the LS game, and they were saying they thought they were going down next year.

Next year's relegation dog fight will be v interesting. Bristol won't be as terrible as they were last time and as Irish have been this year. Worcester aren't a push over any more. Some well established clubs are going to get dragged into it I think.

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 14:51
The very fact that there are now two clubs looking for new DORs makes it difficult for both. If Bath were thinking of changing Todd Blackadder, now would definitely not be a good time to do it. Besides - we all know that changing coaches doesnt solve problems, it just creates new ones - and a lack of continuity which unsettles everyone at the club. You cant possibly know whether a coach is succeeding in only a year or two. I know clubs like Quins and Saints expect success, but it takes time, especially when in so many clubs not enough money has gone into bringing new talent through and giving the younger lads the game time to grow and develop into rounded players. Coming through as a group also gives them an extra reason to stay - and extra loyalty.

[alexshawsports.wordpress.com]

King Zak (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 15:48
Quote:
#wolfpack
I was chatting to some Quins fans before the LS game, and they were saying they thought they were going down next year.

Don’t they know Northampton are still in it!

Seriously though, it seems to me over the passed few seasons, Quins have only ever ‘bothered’ when they play Saracens. It seems to be the only game, particularly at The Stoop, that they care about!

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 09:21
I think JK has been a great servant to our club and I will be sad to see him go. I think he has done wondrous things and moved the performance of the team in exactly the right direction. I will be sad to see him go and I will miss his after game comments as I really enjoyed reading them...

They might get their act together now which is a blow.

JO'G (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 12:36
I did like his comments a couple of weeks ago after the Sarries game when he said that the team performance was really disappointing considering the squad he had under his command was probably the most talented that Quins had ever had.

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

daz_71 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 17:04
Quote:
King Zak
Quote:
#wolfpack

Seriously though, it seems to me over the passed few seasons, Quins have only ever ‘bothered’ when they play Saracens. It seems to be the only game, particularly at The Stoop, that they care about!

Have you listened at all to Big Jim on the RugbyPod? He bring up Quins all the time about how their game against Sarries at the Stoop is their Cup Final. The only game they get up for.

King Zak (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 17:16
Quote:
daz_71
Quote:
King Zak
Quote:
#wolfpack

Have you listened at all to Big Jim on the RugbyPod? He bring up Quins all the time about how their game against Sarries at the Stoop is their Cup Final. The only game they get up for.

Hadn’t heard that but it’s so obvious!

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net