rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
FORGIVING US OUR SINS!

Latest: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS 27 : 38 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby Sun 23rd Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby, Sun 23rd Sept BT Sport

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

By way of comparison...
The Bard (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 20:00
Just been doing a bit of research on other clubs season ticket prices for next season.
Most expensive seats:
Leicester £565
Gloucester £605
Quins £690 for renewals
Wasps £565
saints £695

No prices from Bath yet, for Exeter you need an account.
It is making the third tier Gold ticket at £700 look extremely expensive, even allowing for our stunning success over these past few season.

Re: By way of comparison...
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 20:59
Think Exeter was £735 for halfway line seat in grandstand

European champions 2016 & 2017

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 21:00
Did somebody say there is now a Platinum Plus if that is the case then the £700 ticket is the 4th tier of seating....

dpw (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 22:32
Bristol's dearest seats are £425

[www.bristolrugby.co.uk]

dpw

villagesarrie (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 22:47
Jim55, there has always been a Platinum Plus. Goodness only knows what prices those will be!

camerounfred (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 23:31
Quote:
villagesarrie
Jim55, there has always been a Platinum Plus. Goodness only knows what prices those will be!

Including use of Fez Club Platinum Plus = £2,200 for 16 matches = almost £140 per match

Innings (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 23:41
I'll be there. On a price per event basis, with comparable seating, and factoring in the number of days for multiple day events, comparisons are:
Sarries Gold, assuming 15 Ap or Europe pool games only: £50
Decent London restaurant with wine: £70
British GP for each of four days: £90
British GP, race day only: £300-400
Royal Opera House, stalls circle for opera: £260
Goodwood Festival of Speed: £40
Glastonbury Festival: £60
O2 Arena typical: £55-70, but huge uplift for star names, Justin Timberlake @ £200+

As with all the events I used for comparison, you can watch Sarries cheaper, and you can eat out in London cheaper, or go to the O2 cheaper. But comparing what seem to be reasonable gold standards at different venues confirms for me that Sarries are not out of line.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 04:59
Quote:
Innings
I'll be there. On a price per event basis, with comparable seating, and factoring in the number of days for multiple day events, comparisons are:
Sarries Gold, assuming 15 Ap or Europe pool games only: £50
Decent London restaurant with wine: £70
British GP for each of four days: £90
British GP, race day only: £300-400
Royal Opera House, stalls circle for opera: £260
Goodwood Festival of Speed: £40
Glastonbury Festival: £60
O2 Arena typical: £55-70, but huge uplift for star names, Justin Timberlake @ £200+

As with all the events I used for comparison, you can watch Sarries cheaper, and you can eat out in London cheaper, or go to the O2 cheaper. But comparing what seem to be reasonable gold standards at different venues confirms for me that Sarries are not out of line.

We hired the box opposite the Royal Box at Covent Garden last year to watch Madam Butterfly with Jaho & Pappano, it cost £150 per head for four of us. I take your point, but quite a few Sarries games are a long way from world class, especially as the "A" team is seldom available.

A high price ticket strategy only works if Allianz Park is consistently at capacity, or the marketing people have determined that the incumbent STHs are 'bed blocking' customers who will pay more.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 05:00 by Convex Hull.

GoOnMunchHim (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 08:49
There are 14 premiership/European games, not 15.

As pointed out on t'other thread, two of them are at massive stadia where many attendees have paid next-to-nothing for their tix. You cannot argue that the (usually inferior) seats we get at those events are worth £50 when many pay much, much less. And around four will be in international windows when you only get half a team. Basically you only get about 8 full-value matches.

It should be stressed that the figures offered at the top of the thread are the most expensive tickets available at each club i.e. not a couple if rows back on the 22 metre line. Clearly, then, Sarries is now the most expensive club in the premiership by a country mile, which is a far more relevant comparison than Justin Timberlake.

It's not just about the money anyway, it's about the message this sends to loyal supporters (a two-fingered salute). And yes I get that Nigel has put vastly more money into Saracens than I have, but I also get that I've spent a much larger proportion of my disposable wealth on Sarries than Nigel has. Nigel himself is fond of saying that the club is nothing without its supporters. Well this is a peculiar way of proving it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 08:54 by GoOnMunchHim.

Roger G (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:12
I'm not sure, for dedicated fans, the notion of "not a full team" is valid. Personally I'm very happy to support the likes of Jackson Wray, Nick Tompkins, Max Malins, Richard Barrington Scott Spurling etc. (add any non-international name you like) on the same terms as the international stars. The same may not be the case for the potential ST holders the club are trying to attract, who are more likely to be miffed at paying a premium to watch players they've barely heard of.

Rupes (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:18
Regardless of ST prices, I'm VERY impressed with Innings' list of social engagements for the summer. Only Glyndebourne missing from that list I think, no doubt that's just a diary clash though ;-)

AP (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:40
Rolling Stones at Twickenham - £145. Better value (I hope) than some of the England games I've seen there!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

boomer! (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 10:10
Quote:
AP
Rolling Stones at Twickenham - £145. Better value (I hope) than some of the England games I've seen there!

Better value 30 to 50 years ago yes; and even up to 10~15 years ago. But now? Nah!

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 10:14
Quote:
AP

I got London stadium ones for £92! smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

Eurosarrie (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:38
Surely a comparison with "one-off" events (even if it is annually) is not appropriate.
An individual game of premiership rugby can only be considered as one "chapter" on the route to the one-off, be that either the Premiership final or European Cup Final. So comparison to these games is ok (and we just paid 80 euros for the ticket to the Aviva) and therefore, indeed it is similar in expense.
For me the issue is not one of "inflation" cost increase to our existing seat, but the underhand change of seat designation without any recourse or discussion with the STH (contracted party). Without looking back over the small print, I imagine annual price rises is covered, but is a change of seat designation?

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 12:20
Quote:
Rupes
Regardless of ST prices, I'm VERY impressed with Innings' list of social engagements for the summer. Only Glyndebourne missing from that list I think, no doubt that's just a diary clash though ;-)

Glyndebourne is the most expensive of the lot.

Innings (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 12:39
For goodness' sake, I never actually pay for Glyndebourne, I get invited there.

Innings

siNBin (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 12:48
You know you are getting old when your first thought is "my first ST at Watford was £170 on the half way line".

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 13:16
By way of comparison.......Mrs G and I certainly spent more on each trip to Edinburgh for the final and to Toulon in Oct 2016 (didn't take the U24s sprogs) than we would be paying for both of our next year's season tickets, even at the new prices. It's very difficult to make valid comparisons even when rugby related. There are matches I couldn't put a price on, like the 2011 Final and others in retrospect you couldn't pay me enough to watch again. Season tickets haven't stacked up for us financially for a couple of years now when taking a hard look at the numbers, but we have persevered mainly for convenience, sitting with our group in reasonable seats and lastly a somewhat stretched sense of loyalty. Whilst I can frankly absorb the increases we will certainly have a proper think about it this time around, when we get the full announcement next week.

AlanE (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 17:21
Quote:
siNBin
You know you are getting old when your first thought is "my first ST at Watford was £170 on the half way line".
Spot on - I was having the same thought. £150 I think and £15 each for the kids.

I suppose that’s what they mean by ‘making memories’ (Sm14)

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 17:23 by AlanE.

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 18:46
Quote:
Innings
For goodness' sake, I never actually pay for Glyndebourne, I get invited there.

Are you the teenager that sets up the tables next to the sheep?

He told me that he gets free entry.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 21:15
Quote:
Convex Hull
We hired the box opposite the Royal Box at Covent Garden last year to watch Madam Butterfly with Jaho & Pappano, it cost £150 per head for four of us.

As a matter of interest was that through a special company or something? I'd love to do that for my Mother but the last time I took her to the RoH which must be close to a decade ago I seem to remember the seats were over £200 each and not in one of the boxes. I always imagined boxes would be much more expensive.

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 21:54
Quote:
OldMarovian
Quote:
Convex Hull
We hired the box opposite the Royal Box at Covent Garden last year to watch Madam Butterfly with Jaho & Pappano, it cost £150 per head for four of us.

As a matter of interest was that through a special company or something? I'd love to do that for my Mother but the last time I took her to the RoH which must be close to a decade ago I seem to remember the seats were over £200 each and not in one of the boxes. I always imagined boxes would be much more expensive.

It is a bit hit and miss. They are corporate boxes and occasionally there are no takers, so the ROH puts them up for sale, presumably on behalf of the entity that hires them. They do come up from time-to-time, I saw one last week for a performance of Manon. From what I have observed, box seats are not that much more, even less, than good seats in the circle, but you do have to buy four at a time when I have spotted them, you have to keep checking the seating plan online.

Just a couple of things you might bear in mind:

There are quite a lot of matinee or early start performances scheduled. If you can get a box for one of those then you can 'insulate' yourself from the school children and may be able to get a good deal.

You may even find that your mother prefers an earlier start.

Food is not served in the boxes anymore, so you will have to go to the restaurant. If you have not been recently, there are some excellent meal options in the very striking building adjoined to the ROH that contains a bar and restaurants - and lots of eccentric people.

The seats get booked up months in advance, especially for the well known principal performers. You can get a good idea of who is worth seeing and 'up-and-coming', rather than the 'big' names such as Lauren Cuthbertson (who get booked out by the ROH equivalent of STHs before anyone else gets a look in!), by checking the recent recorded broadcast rehearsals on Youtube.

They tend to feature the 'bright young things' both opera and ballet, such as Tierney Heap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 21:56 by Convex Hull.

Innings (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 22:19
Actually, CH, in my dreams I'm the chap to whom the fat lady sings.

Innings

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 08:36
Many thanks for the reply Convex Hull. I shall have to have a look in the run-up to her Birthday and see if I can drag my Father and Sister along!

GoOnMunchHim (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 20:49
Quote:
Roger G
I'm not sure, for dedicated fans, the notion of "not a full team" is valid.

It's always only a matter of time before someone starts dividing us into real fans and the rest.

For some years, when Saracens 'A' played their matches at Woollams, I attended every Monday evening game. Would I have paid £50 to do so? Not a chance.

See? Dedicated support does not neccesarily entail suspending one's understanding of value for money.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 07:13
Quote:
Convex Hull
Quote:
OldMarovian
Quote:
Convex Hull

It is a bit hit and miss. They are corporate boxes and occasionally there are no takers, so the ROH puts them up for sale, presumably on behalf of the entity that hires them. They do come up from time-to-time, I saw one last week for a performance of Manon. From what I have observed, box seats are not that much more, even less, than good seats in the circle, but you do have to buy four at a time when I have spotted them, you have to keep checking the seating plan online.

Just a couple of things you might bear in mind:

There are quite a lot of matinee or early start performances scheduled. If you can get a box for one of those then you can 'insulate' yourself from the school children and may be able to get a good deal.

You may even find that your mother prefers an earlier start.

Food is not served in the boxes anymore, so you will have to go to the restaurant. If you have not been recently, there are some excellent meal options in the very striking building adjoined to the ROH that contains a bar and restaurants - and lots of eccentric people.

The seats get booked up months in advance, especially for the well known principal performers. You can get a good idea of who is worth seeing and 'up-and-coming', rather than the 'big' names such as Lauren Cuthbertson (who get booked out by the ROH equivalent of STHs before anyone else gets a look in!), by checking the recent recorded broadcast rehearsals on Youtube.

They tend to feature the 'bright young things' both opera and ballet, such as Tierney Heap.

It's threads like that encourage those setting our ticket prices to think that we have turned into Quins fans winking smiley

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 08:31
Tony Taff if that were the case I wouldn't have typed but would have asked my butler to have a word with Convex Hulls butler at the next opportunity ...

Coughie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 12:48
Ealing Trailfinders 2018-19 Season Ticket - £150 p/a.

Very ambitious club, great vibe. Making a few signings of note.

They could well be Quins long term rivals, not some warbling bird with a dodgy Italian accent.....

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

fatheralice (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:57
Quote:
Coughie
Ealing Trailfinders 2018-19 Season Ticket - £150 p/a.
Very ambitious club, great vibe. Making a few signings of note.

They could well be Quins long term rivals, not some warbling bird with a dodgy Italian accent.....

Attendance of 697 for thier game yesterday!

Not sure quins will be too worried by that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 21:57 by fatheralice.

Coughie (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 22:34
Well, maybe it was fortunate that long term was used, and not long-term, eh?

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net