rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
FORGIVING US OUR SINS!

Latest: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS 27 : 38 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby Sun 23rd Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby, Sun 23rd Sept BT Sport

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Don't take it out on Supporter Services!!
Roger G (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 08:44
Started a new thread for this because I thought a single post would get lost on the main ST whinge thread.

There are a range of negative emotions being expressed on the board about the ST changes, from reluctant acceptance to incandescent rage - all understandable. However, when I called supporter services earlier this week the chap I spoke to was as "in the dark" as the rest of us about the details and justification for the price hikes, and clearly NOT looking forward to having to deal with the fall-out from a decision to which he and his phone-answering colleagues had had no input. So....

...please be patient with those who answer the phones at Supporter Services. I'm sure they'll be almost as frustrated as us and doing their best to stay polite in the face of some very angry callers.

Re: Don't take it out on Supporter Services!!
Rupes (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:12
But unfortunately they are the representatives of the club who people have been asked (by the club) to speak to in case of issues.

Roger G (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:22
And they are the only people who can resolve any issues...so getting angry with them doesn't help you. I've always found making it clear that you're angry, but not with them personally, gets a better result.

TOKS (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:53
As is the case with most organisations those that make the decisions then go and hide in their office with the door shut, leaving others to endeavour to explain the often inexplicable.

I'm sure Supporter Services were as delighted as the rest of us when they were briefed on what they were then going to have to pass on to us.

So, I agree, Roger. Not that I think politeness will yield any more results than swivel-eyed rage, but shooting the messenger is self-defeating.

JO'G (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:30
it is the biggest positive I had with Edward Griffiths was that he was prepared to have a conversation with you about any of his decisions

Roger G (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 12:08
Quote:
JO'G
it is the biggest positive I had with Edward Griffiths was that he was prepared to have a conversation with you about any of his decisions

Absolutely agree. Sadly I doubt his successor will be manning the phones - more's the pity.

EnfieldMal (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 23:44
Please please remember the ladies & gents manning the phones are not the people who set or changed the prices. The will get worn down by the anger & abuse directed at them & they don’t have the power to change it.

It’s there bosses that should be held to account. They won’t man the phones or come on here like Ed Griffiths did so it will be more difficult to access them but with polite persistence it will be possible

I think as many as possible should be emailing customer services as soon as possible & asking for an acknowledgement of the email. They will be more likely to gauge opinion by either post or email than harassing the agents answering the phones. Written protests look worse for a company & worse on whoever made what will probably turn out to be a very bad public relations disaster

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 13:53
I believe there may some further explanations due on Monday - Just hold fire folks.

I usually find in situations like this there has been a cock up somewhere along the line.
BS

PhillFez (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:37
I'm sorry BS but your sig line sounds very much like the explanation
[no offence intended except to the organisers of the farce]

Old Curmudgeon (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 07:49
Whatever the cause, there is never a valid excuse for shooting the messenger.

These price increases have been a shock to the huge majority of us but are no reason to take out frustration on the people at the end of the phones; some of whom have spouses and relatives who are also having to pay the increase which gives them double the grief.

Our tickets have gone up 60% and we had a stark choice just as if the cost of something else that we enjoy had increased by a similar amount.

We are adults, we pay our own way and just as we do not expect anyone to subsidise our dinner or holidays then we do not expect the Sainted Nigel Wray to keep coughing up.

darktagnan (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 22:42
that's completely fair - however - the utter cr@p emails we are getting are signed off by supporter services so somebody in charge of the comms definitely needs to go

Roger G (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 11:08
Quote:
darktagnan
...somebody in charge of the comms definitely needs to go

I'm a great believer in the notion that whoever has made the mistake is the least likely to make it again. I'd prefer them to learn the lesson and get it right next time. Sadly the person who got it wrong last time appears to have been fired...hence the repeat performance.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 13:13
Roger, there is getting it wrong and recognising you made a mistake then there is screwing it up and not accepting you have in which case they have to go.

You can only learn by mistakes if you accept you have made one!

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 13:53
We're all assuming this has been unintentionally mishandled? I am not so sure.

Leaked early, allowed supporters to get worked up about it but them most to either bite the bullet or move. Even those who haven't renewed are a plus for the club as they're selling their seats for a hefty premium next season.

Meanwhile, someone in PR is working like a demon behind the scenes as this is still to appear anywhere in the press. Most of the rugby press is poor quality and lazy but are you not surprised that this hasn't been picked up with and run by any of the papers including TRP in any meaningful way? my guess is there are lots of promises for player access etc being offered for next season whilst a lid is kept on this. I accept that people are waiting to move into some expensive east stand seats but I wonder how those numbers would be affected if they appreciated from newspaper article how it was done and the premium they are paying?

Madpole76 (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 14:57
They don’t seem that bothered . I rang last Monday left a message . Sent an E-mail the same day . Neither called back nor E-mail answered a week later .

london pride (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 15:57
Quote:
Madpole76
They don’t seem that bothered . I rang last Monday left a message . Sent an E-mail the same day . Neither called back nor E-mail answered a week later .

Alex, I'm convinced they aren't that bothered.When they sent the original E Mail out,Was it two weeks ago,I sent them an E Mail,asking a couple of questions,and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 16:27
So I poured my heart out and explained why I thought the whole price rise thing was unfair (60% rise, fans having to move away from friends, communication, lack of an ethical alternative etc. etc.) took me 45 mins to write....

Response: "Hi Jim, Thank you for sending in your feedback, this will be forwarded to our senior management team"

That's it....

Unbelievable...

Roger G (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 16:34
WoW. I'm not sure what you expected from Supporter Services. They've been handed a poisoned chalice by the senior management team and may well totally agree with your sentiments...but they probably also value their jobs so can't tell you that. What they can do is send as much ordure as possible to the people who made these crass decisions, which very much includes letting them know the pain and suffering they have caused to long serving fans like yourself.

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 16:15
But Supporter Services don't help themselves!!!

Due to GPDR Saracens have to get everybody to update their contact preferences. So, I tried to do this and discovered that completing the form is not possible for anyone born before 1968.

I'm undecided whether this is stupidity or age discrimination or them telling us they only want to talk to people less than 50 years old(Sm141).

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 18:29
Quote:
David@Sarries
Due to GPDR Saracens have to get everybody to update their contact preferences. So, I tried to do this and discovered that completing the form is not possible for anyone born before 1968.

I'm undecided whether this is stupidity or age discrimination or them telling us they only want to talk to people less than 50 years old(Sm141).

Oops. I emailed to thank them for making me 15 years younger!!! Maybe l should not have done!!

Red Rooster (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 22:07
Quote:
David@Sarries

Funny I wass able to update my preferences and I was born in 1964....

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 14:55
@RR, that's funny. When I looked at the code (in Chrome) earlier in the week the lowest year was 1968.

I've just tried again and they have indeed fixed the problem!

TimH (IP Logged)
27 April, 2018 16:02
Just shifted from East to South. I am over it to be honest. Silver lining (or Red and Black lining) is the huge reduction in cost. Moving on!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net