rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
£££EZZ

Latest: SARACENS 41 : 6 BATH RUGBY
Next LONDON IRISH v SARACENS
Sun 29th april 15.00, MadStad
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

STH Renewals: Poll
OldMarovian (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 16:37

If the price increases are confirmed next season will you:

Pay the increase to keep ST(s)
Pay the increase to keep ST(s) but reduce number of STs
Move to a pricing band in keeping with current ST(s)
Cancel ST but continue attending on a game-by-game basis
Cancel ST and stop attending live games

You must be logged in to vote.

53 Votes

Show results

After a comment on the STH renewals thread though we might be able to gauge some response via a poll.

Re: STH Renewals: Poll
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 16:53
I don't know how I can vote when I have no information about my ST renewal price and what offers/early renewal discount etc.
Monday is not long to wait until the email.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

TOKS (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 17:03
1876, you're in the North aren't you? In which case you will stay red and black and your season ticket will go up by 7%. Under those circumstances I suspect you'd renew which, once again, gives you £20 to spend in the shop.

My two tickets in E8 go from £620 to £1,100 which is 77.4% different. So I may have a different answer to you.

Your decision to go in the North has proven to be a good one for you. There is a good atmosphere and a good bunch in there. Most importantly, a club that has decided it wants to attract lots of new money at the expense of long-standing fans has come to the conclusion that behind the posts is not the place to do it. So I am pleased for you guys, I'm glad we are not all in the same boat.

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 17:45
"Most importantly, a club that has decided it wants to attract lots of new money at the expense of long-standing fans has come to the conclusion that behind the posts is not the place to do it".

TOKS: I totally understand your hurt with the price rises. I'll find out too on Monday if I face the same. This won't help with the pain but I don't think NW has any choice.

His long standing partner has bailed out and he needs to find north of £30 million for a new stand and training ground. He could put the money in himself but he's already put in about £50 million plus whatever he's had to pay The South Africans for their shares. He might not have that kind of money.

Therefore he's got to find some serious money to help share the load. If he can't demonstrate now that the club is sustainable, the new money will want a majority stake for that kind of cash and he'll lose control of what he's built.

The last published losses were £2.5 million and that was before the effect of new contracts for Owen Farrell etc pushing the wage bill up. We just about sell out every game and the hospitality looks like it's sold out to me. Can't see how he's going to get us to drink more beer and buy more shirts even if that could make a significant difference.

So, only one route for him to keep a significant stake in the club: price rises.

With the new stand we will have 10,500 seats. Lets assume price rises on Hospitality etc will take care of the increased losses with new player contracts. That means NW has to make an extra £2.5 million from 10,500 seats. That's an average of about £240 per seat. But not all seats are going up by that much so many will go up by much more.

As I say, it's not nice, but I don't think it's driven by not caring. I just can't see he has any choice if my analysis is correct.

For that reason I'll be gritting my teeth and renewing as I'm in the happy position of having paid the mortgage off. Quite understand not everyone is in that position.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 17:53
Nigel has done an awful
lot agreed...but out of principal I wouldnt pay more for something if I didnt think it was worth it!
My new seat classification is really not £700’s worth

European champions 2016 & 2017

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 18:11
Quote:
TOKS
1876, you're in the North aren't you? In which case you will stay red and black and your season ticket will go up by 7%. Under those circumstances I suspect you'd renew which, once again, gives you £20 to spend in the shop.
My two tickets in E8 go from £620 to £1,100 which is 77.4% different. So I may have a different answer to you.

Your decision to go in the North has proven to be a good one for you. There is a good atmosphere and a good bunch in there. Most importantly, a club that has decided it wants to attract lots of new money at the expense of long-standing fans has come to the conclusion that behind the posts is not the place to do it. So I am pleased for you guys, I'm glad we are not all in the same boat.

Toks. Yes you are correct and I am in a favourable position compared to a lot of people.
If the re categorisation is happening as talked about I feel that the whole situation has been handled very badly and sympathise with those who will be impacted by it.
The reason for my original answer is that I assumed the poll was open to all of us and answered accordingly..... it was not meant to make light of your situation.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

TOKS (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 18:44
Hi 1876, and no it wasn't taken as such. I do think that people in the East should take a slightly greater hit as it is the more desirable stand for attracting new dosh, but I feel it could have been more evenly shared.

But it is what it is and I have decisions to make. But I am genuinely pleased for those who haven't been nobbled, it is a shame anyone had to be.

Eurosarrie (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 19:00
Toks; Isn't this the crux of the main concern. It was a matter of simple choice, when we moved to AP, what level of expense each of us could accept for the seat on offer. The real injustice proposed by these (alleged) price increases, is that choice has been removed, because there has been an unequal increase targeted at the most "attractive" (although those of us in E4 front rows accept less than a normal level of rain protection) seats in the East Stand. Now, if the cost increase was to be shared, percentage-wise, across all ticket allocations, without the need to redefine categories, then at least we would all understand the need to raise funds appropriately.

Re: STH Email to Supporter Services
WOTAFLANKER (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 11:06
Frankly I am appalled at a c61 % hike. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years, have travelled all over Europe and to most grounds in England to follow my club, with whom I have had a 'relationship' since the mid 1970's.

I love going to Allianz Park, the cameraderie, ambience and the Rugby are great. However, I now feel let down, insulted and taken for granted and am considering, as other already have, in voting with my feet.

Your best customers are your existing customers, treat them poorly and they stop buying.

Comments welcome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net