rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
£££EZZ

Latest: SARACENS 41 : 6 BATH RUGBY
Next LONDON IRISH v SARACENS
Sun 29th april 15.00, MadStad
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

SUP
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:05
15 Liam Williams (13)
14 Sean Maitland (37)
13 Alex Lozowski (56)
12 Brad Barritt (218)
11 Chris Wyles (249)
10 Owen Farrell (169)
9 Richard Wigglesworth (205)
1 Mako Vunipola (139)
2 Schalk Brits (217)
3 Juan Figallo (85)
4 Dominic Day (13)
5 George Kruis (155)
6 Nick Isiekwe (30)
7 Schalk Burger (48)
8 Jackson Wray (196)

16 Jamie George (191)
17 Richard Barrington (131)
18 Kieran Longbottom (13)
19 Michael Rhodes (64)
20 Ben Earl (15)
21 Ben Spencer (127)
22 Duncan Taylor (112)
23 Alex Goode (256)

Re: SUP
Huxley (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:08
Bath Rugby team to face Saracens:

15. James Wilson

14. Matt Banahan

13. Jonathan Joseph

12. Ben Tapuai

11. Aled Brew

10. Rhys Priestland

9. Kahn Fotuali’i

1. Beno Obano

2. Tom Dunn

3. Shaun Knight

4. Charlie Ewels (C)

5. Elliott Stooke

6. Tom Ellis

7. Francois Louw

8. Taulupe Faletau

Replacements:

16. Jack Walker

17. Lucas Noguera

18. Victor Delmas

19. James Phillips

20. Paul Grant

21. Max Green

22. Freddie Burns

23. Tom Homer

MickyWiz (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:08
Rhodes on the bench - now that is good news!

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:09
Strong team and bench. .

Hope Mako gets a rest soon.
Surprised Brad is back.
Great to see Rhodes on the bench.

COYS

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:13
Looks like a great team looking forward to this one now! Come on you Sarries!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:14
A good team from Saracens but a few surprises in there as well. With a rest weekend guaranteed next week I fully expected to see the full cavalry, but this is very close. The backs are virtually the same as last week and they inflicted a lot of the damage last week.

Not quite sure what to make of Cowan being rested so soon. Either McCall rates him so highly he wants to keep him back for the final push or he's not so sure. Either way that's a strange one to me.

Great to see Captain Granite Chops has come through!

vunipolae (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:18
Is Cowan allowed to play against Irish being on loan from them? If not then can't imagine it's a rest as he'll have three straight weekends off

TV (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:19
I see Maro is rested. Whats the betting that is to do with his agent

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:24
Apart from the usual issues with the forwards doing their bit, key areas for me in this game will be 9/10 for both teams. Whilst we are pretty much rock solid with either Wiggy or Spenno and Faz, Kahn F and Rhys P have been blowing hot and cold all season. Some moments of sublime skill interjected with some real howlers. The key will be to keep them under pressure and watch their back line unravel from there onwards.

Have to say the gallows humour on the Barf board is somewhat misplaced. They have a good team who are very capable. If we show up like last week, then we should have enough to do the job no doubt.

Rokoholic (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:25
Bath fan in peace. Absolutely dreading this one - terrifying looking Sarries team even without Maro and Billy! Without Roko and Watson we seem to have no attack whatsoever, so not expecting a lot from the fixture.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and here's to hoping we'll be competitive again next season!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2018 12:31 by Rokoholic.

Ricardo121 (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:38
Quote:
TV
I see Maro is rested. Whats the betting that is to do with his agent

"What's the betting?" - nice one

(probably not though - looked tired recently, I'm sure I even saw him trying to catch 40 winks during a match (Sm100) )

malco (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:42
Missing for Bath this weekend:

1. Catt
2. Batty
3. Thomas, Lahiff, Perenise, Palma-Newport
4. Attwood
5 Charteris
6. Garvey
7. Underhill
8. Mercer
9. Cook
10. Lewis(ok, only third choice granted)
11. Banahan in his natural position
12. No-one missing because we don't have anybody else to play there
13. Clark
14. Rokoduguni
15. Watson

I'd be amazed if we got a losing bonus point in this game and I seriously expect you to stick 50 points on the board again. Our situation is absolutely hopless.

The Bard (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:49
Saw Atwood putting in a pretty decent performance in Paris last weekend for Toulon. What is going on there?

malco (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 13:08
He was continually injured for a season and a half and there were serious doubts about whether he would recover. The club apparently gave up hope of him playing again this season and spent his cap on emergency medical jokers. So when he regained fitness he couldn't play because his salary had been spent. Meanwhile Toulon needed a medical joker lock...

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 13:10
Pleased with that team and delighted to see both Lozo at 13 and Williams at 15. Hopefully Wiggle is gingered up for this as Spencers snappy service was a real plus last game.
Great to see Rhodes on the bench although looks like it might have been a week to soon for Koch.

Good to see some rotation and wonder if we might see Mako given a bit of a break next week?

Little surprised not to see Cowan unless he took a knock and I would love to know (not had an answer yet) if Vailanu is fit. Wray has been incredible for us but Vailanus carrying is a different level from the limited amount I have seen (would have both not one of the other)

We'd be silly to think anything other than that Bath will come and make a real game of it. The "sucker punch" loss at the Rec should leave us with no illusions as to that but with the team selected I hope to see us secure a good win.

COYS

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 13:12
Congrats to Wyles on his upcoming 250th cap too.

ballsout (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 13:34
Our injury list is shocking but our coaching is even more hopeless. Our players can barely do anything right.

AB (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 14:31
Quote:
ballsout
Our injury list is shocking but our coaching is even more hopeless. Our players can barely do anything right.

what is this rubbish?

lechef (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 14:34
When is Billy back?

Waldo (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 14:36
Quote:
vunipolae
Is Cowan allowed to play against Irish being on loan from them? If not then can't imagine it's a rest as he'll have three straight weekends off

Perhaps they have asked for him back & he will be playing against us !

Huxley (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 14:51
Quote:
AB
Quote:
ballsout

what is this rubbish?

I think he might be referring to Bath.

Even with a sizeable injury list, I’m sure Bath are going to put up a fight, some great players in their team. I thought Ben might have started over Wiggy, he was excellent last week. Im sure I heard that he’s our top try scorer in the commentary last week, is that right?

CT (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 15:06
I think it is right, looks like he has 9 tries with Williams and Wyles 1 behind.

13 April, 2018 15:10
Quote:
lechef
When is Billy back?

According to McCall potentially back for the London Irish Game, we shall have to just wait and see though

Huxley (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 16:13
Quote:
OldMarovian

Little surprised not to see Cowan unless he took a knock and I would love to know (not had an answer yet) if Vailanu is fit. Wray has been incredible for us but Vailanus carrying is a different level from the limited amount I have seen (would have both not one of the other)

COYS

Both Cowan and Vailanu selected for the Storm team. I would presume that we won't see Cowan staying with us, although I'd be delighted if he did. I would guess, that with Burger getting another year, they're not going to want to add another back row that may block Earl's path to the team.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 16:19
Re. Blair Cowan...

Quote:
GazzaFez
Not quite sure what to make of Cowan being rested so soon. Either McCall rates him so highly he wants to keep him back for the final push or he's not so sure. Either way that's a strange one to me.

From the Fish..

"Dom Day and Schalk Burger come into the pack with Maro Itoje and Blair Cowan rested from the match day squad."

So not rested then if he's playing for the Storm. Either way, still surprised.

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 16:22
Quote:
AB
Quote:
ballsout

what is this rubbish?

Crumbs AB, you must have heard of Ballsout (aka Ballsache).(Sm124)

JO'G (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 16:42
Quote:
malco
Missing for Bath this weekend:
1. Catt
2. Batty
3. Thomas, Lahiff, Perenise, Palma-Newport
4. Attwood
5 Charteris
6. Garvey
7. Underhill
8. Mercer
9. Cook
10. Lewis(ok, only third choice granted)
11. Banahan in his natural position
12. No-one missing because we don't have anybody else to play there
13. Clark
14. Rokoduguni
15. Watson

I'd be amazed if we got a losing bonus point in this game and I seriously expect you to stick 50 points on the board again. Our situation is absolutely hopless.

and we are missing Billy so around the same impact (Sm161)

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

King Zak (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 17:26
Not surprised that we’ve gone with the same back line after last week - but I’m a bit concerned that the Bath backrow could dominate the breakdown and that wouldn’t allow us the time and space we had last week. As we’ve seen all season, lose the breakdown, lose the game!

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 20:42
We’ve had so many injuries in last two seasons injuries that made us have to choose one trophy over another last season & this season affected our qualification in europe....so I am really not bothered how many players Bath have missing.....sorry!

European champions 2016 & 2017

14 April, 2018 12:10
And we can still compete at two top level competitions.... Although it may not be perfect it shows Saracens do have a tremendous strength in depth hopefully next season we can regain the double again (Sm101)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net