rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".


Thought for the Day:
HONESTY, HUMILITY - REALLY?

Latest: SARACENS 41 : 6 BATH RUGBY
Next LONDON IRISH v SARACENS
Sun 29th april 15.00, MadStad
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA


Storm Team to play Bath United
David@Sarries (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 15:52
Storm team to face Bath:

15. Matt Gallagher
14. Nathan Earle
13. Nick Tompkins
12. Dom Morris
11. Rotimi Segun
10. Marcelo Bosch
9. Tom Whiteley
1. Hayden Thompson-Stringer
2. Tadgh McElroy
3. Titi Lamositele
4. Mark Flanagan
5. Joel Kpoku
6. Andrew Christie
7. Blair Cowan
8. Sione Vailanu

16. Kapeli Pifeleti
17. Ralph Adams-Hale
18. Fakaosi Pifeleti
19. Jonathan Kpoku
20. Anthony Maka
21. Reuben Bird-Tulloch
22. Oli Morris
23. Elliott Obatoyinbo

Great to see Nick and Sione back from injury. Marcelo at 10 could be interesting! I wonder what's happened to Malins?

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
David@Sarries (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 15:55
And the opposition...

Bath United XV

15. Darren Atkins
14. Jack Wilson
13. Max Clark
12. Max Wright
11. Levi Davis
10. Josh Lewis
9. Darren Allinson

1. Will Vaughan
2. Michael van Vuuren
3. Jack Edmondson
4. Levi Douglas
5. Tom Jeanes
6. Rhys Davies
7. Josh Bayliss (C)
8. Jack Davies

16. Sam Elrick
17. Nick Auterac
18. Simon Elrick
19. Olly Cattell
20. Tom Doughty
21. Will Homer
22. Tom de Glanville
23. TBC

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
OldMarovian (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 18:02
Hmmm. Looks like a very good side and I am really looking forward to more of those young players playing in the 23 next season.

Have to say I am surprised to see both Cowan and Vailanu fit but not featuring in the main Bath game.

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 18:43
Quote:
David@Sarries
Storm team to face Bath:
15. Matt Gallagher
14. Nathan Earle
13. Nick Tompkins
12. Dom Morris
11. Rotimi Segun
10. Marcelo Bosch
9. Tom Whiteley
1. Hayden Thompson-Stringer
2. Tadgh McElroy
3. Titi Lamositele
4. Mark Flanagan
5. Joel Kpoku
6. Andrew Christie
7. Blair Cowan
8. Sione Vailanu

16. Kapeli Pifeleti
17. Ralph Adams-Hale
18. Fakaosi Pifeleti
19. Jonathan Kpoku
20. Anthony Maka
21. Reuben Bird-Tulloch
22. Oli Morris
23. Elliott Obatoyinbo

Great to see Nick and Sione back from injury. Marcelo at 10 could be interesting! I wonder what's happened to Malins?

I believe Malins is injured

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 13:06
Floated pass and try in the corner. Whitely converts.
7-0

All Sarries so far.

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 13:28
Nice backs move. Whiteley scores under posts and converts.
Couple of pens before that.

17-3

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 13:33
Fancy footwork by Nathan who skins his opposite number and scores in the corner.

22-3

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 13:41
Joel Kpoku smashes his way over the line near the posts for the TBP. Whiteley converts.

29-3

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:07
Nice floated kick by Bath gathered by winner to score in the corner. Conversion takes the white to 29-10

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:09
Sarries strike back immediately. Nathan sprints straight through Bath defenders to score. Whitely converts again.

36-10

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:17
Reuben Bird-Tulloch powers over for another try.
Whiteley having a great afternoon with the boot converts again.

43-10

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:19
Great hands and interplay from the forwards this time.
Tadgh McElroy cruises in under the posts. Whiteley converts.

50-10



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 14:20 by GazzaFez.

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:28
Yellow card for Jonathan Kpoku

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:37
FT 50-10

The defensive display by Saracens was every bit as good as the shed load of tries we scored. In fairness we had a much stronger team out today than Bath.

The bonus was lots of sunshine! Remember that?

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
Surbiton Sarries (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:03
For the record, Sir was Ben Russell, once of this parish.

An enjoyable match, helped by the fact that since the last game we've gained a PA announcer and we also have a scoreboard, fixed to the West Stand close to the coaches box.

I would have liked to stick around for the ladies' match,but a wait of near on 3 1/2 hours is ridiculous.

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
Red Rooster (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:01
Very enjoyable game indeed, the second, third and fifth Saracens tries were a work of beauty remeniscent of the St Helens RL team of the early 2000's for the ball handling skill, support play and movement into space - Check it out of the website if they put it up.
The No 4 was an Itoje clone and had an absolute stormer in a game dominated by Saracens from start to finish save for a 10 min spell after the break when they seemed to put the cue on the rack.

It's a great idea to play A League games on a Saturday whenever possible as for those of us who travel from long distace and have to work for a living, Monday nights at 7.00pm are a non-starter, it might also go some way to salve thwe wounds of the ST rise for ST holders to get more of these bonus games at a time they can attend and of course, not all of us can afford regular away travel.

As With the previous poster did not stay for the Women's game due to the 3 Hours 20 mins interval between games.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 19:01 by Red Rooster.

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
Surbiton Sarries (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:44
Saracens Ladies win 45-26, and 107-26 overall.

We play Harlequins in the Final on Sunday 29 April at 3pm. Location is Ealing Trailfinders, admission 10.

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
Graeme D (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 00:28
Quote:
Surbiton Sarries
For the record, Sir was Ben Russell, once of this parish.
An enjoyable match, helped by the fact that since the last game we've gained a PA announcer and we also have a scoreboard, fixed to the West Stand close to the coaches box.

I would have liked to stick around for the ladies' match,but a wait of near on 3 1/2 hours is ridiculous.

The reason for having an announcer is that the guy was there for the womens match as was the scorebaoard.

The big gap between games is down to the fact that we only have two changing rooms and youhave to allow for them to be claerared before the new team goes in. Enjoybable afternoon in the Fez club watching the tigers v Saints game then the Grand national.

Bigger crowd for the womens game than the storm game.

Bring on Quins Ladies.

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
Jim 55 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 09:48
Quote:
Graeme D
Quote:
Surbiton Sarries
For the record, Sir was Ben Russell, once of this parish.
An enjoyable match, helped by the fact that since the last game we've gained a PA announcer and we also have a scoreboard, fixed to the West Stand close to the coaches box.

I would have liked to stick around for the ladies' match,but a wait of near on 3 1/2 hours is ridiculous.

The reason for having an announcer is that the guy was there for the womens match as was the scorebaoard.

The big gap between games is down to the fact that we only have two changing rooms and youhave to allow for them to be claerared before the new team goes in. Enjoybable afternoon in the Fez club watching the tigers v Saints game then the Grand national.

Bigger crowd for the womens game than the storm game.

Bring on Quins Ladies.

That would account for the delay in kick off times for the LDH then (Sm100)

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:24
They must be very swanky changing rooms if it takes 3.5 hours to clean them! It's not the Ritz after all but a rugby changing room. That's even allowing for showers after the Storm game. That may be a contributing factor Graeme but seems more like a lack of joined up thinking.

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
Sara'sman (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:39
Our postponed game v Glaws has been declared a 0-0 draw. Tonight Glaws cried off against Quins (insufficient props) so they will get 5 points and finish 4 above us in 2nd place. No more games for Storm this season.

 
Re: Storm Team to play Bath United
Graeme D (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 23:56
Gazzafez. We are required to make the changing rooms available to the opposition 2 hours before the kick off time and the pitch one hour.

With a 6pm kick off that takes us back to 4pm.

Nowadays you have to allow a match two hours of running time to include half time plus stoppage time.

From the end of the match to clearing and cleaning the changing rooms you need one hour.

Nothing to do with lack of joined up thinking.

Quote:
GazzaFez
They must be very swanky changing rooms if it takes 3.5 hours to clean them! It's not the Ritz after all but a rugby changing room. That's even allowing for showers after the Storm game. That may be a contributing factor Graeme but seems more like a lack of joined up thinking.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?