rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Mako non story
Huxley (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 17:51
The guardian doing their best to make a story out of nothing here

Not that I'm saying player welfare isn't important, just that I believe the coaches already have a plan in place, hence the RFU not being bothered.

Re: Mako non story
OldMarovian (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 17:56
Is it a story about nothing? Tbh I was surprised he wasn't rested for this game and if it is a mandatory rest game then there is a story there.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 18:12
Well the RFU are ok about it... in the same article...non story IMHO...

The Guardian article states “it is understood the RFU do not have an issue with Vunipola playing against Bath”, highlighting the fact that Vunipola went on holiday to Tenerife in the aftermath of the Six Nations and it is because of this, along with the fact Saracens don’t play next week that Vunipola has been chosen.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Huxley (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 18:45
That’s the point that makes it a non story for me. If the RFU were bothered it would be a story. I also think that Mako will probably get the next two weeks off regardless.

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 18:52
They are really really desperate if they think this even merits a sentence - never mind an article with a photo.

Same with that disgraceful piece in the Times about Matt Hart, the agent who represents maro amongst others - sheer clickbait using a photo of him and a headline mentioning him.

Sometimes I wish non of our boys were picked for England OR the Lions. You have to ask if all the utter crap that goes with it is worth it.

Hey look - Crap isnt a rude word any more - no stars and exclamation marks - (well actually it never was - it was short for Crapper ... the man who invented the flush loo.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 19:59
Barnet Sarrie, I usually find myself in awe of your knowledgeable contributions but on this occasion, and in classic English lavatorial fascination, may I contribute the following toilet news..........

CRAPPER NEWS

Maybe we should discuss Bath!

AP (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 22:06
You can tell it's a non-story because comments are not enabled on it!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 22:31
F-F-F-Fascinating! (as Mr Spock might say).
But nonetheless it does seem that the expletive 'Crap' indeed stems from my fellow Yorkshireman - and more to the point he made some serious sponduliks from it and accidentally engendered a word even Shakespeare would be proud of. Good on him! In the end who cares if he actually invented the flush loo!
And it is very appropriate re: the story about Mako - which actually isn't one.

And by the way - it is awfully nice of you to say you appreciate my occasional posts. Much appreciated ...... (Sm59)

boomer! (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:20
I thought the four letter diminutive of "Crapper" was used simply because Thos. Crapper has his name emblazoned on the porcelain and not because he actually was supposed to have invented the flush toilet.

Just in the same way as General Hooker did not invent the ladies of the night but some are named after him.

Anyone else see to irony in Mr Thomas Crapper being named Thomas and then years latter our Cockney Folk used "Tom" similarly? What goes round comes round, and sometimes depending on your plumbing more literally than you would hope for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net