rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SARRIES ARE REMAINERS!

Latest: CARDIFF BLUES 14:26 SARACENS
Next: Exeter Chiefs v Saracens Sat 22nd Dec, 15.00 Sandy Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Exeter Chiefs v Saracens, Sat 22nd Dec 14.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Falcons v Sharks
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 20:07
Wow... what a comeback from Sale....
25-0 down.... now 25-20 and only 55 on the clock... did it against Wasps last week, can they do it again?

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: Falcons v Sharks
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 20:11
Whatever Mr Diamond said at HT it's working...
25-27.... a never say die attitude... a few other clubs could learn a lesson from this.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 20:36
Very entertaining game.... 35-30...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 20:41
Good game but the wrong result for us though. TBP puts them on 59 only 3 behind us.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 20:59
No disrespect but Id rather play Falcons than wasps in a semi!!

European champions 2016 & 2017

AP (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 21:03
Not sure it makes a great difference to us. They've both got horrendous last two games - any win that they get helps us.

Steve Diamond needs to turn his hairdryer on before kick off!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2018 21:04 by AP.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 00:06
Well the simple answer is in the numbers. We have not yet even secured a semi final slot let alone a home semi final. Mathematically we could still finish 7th. So any team in the chasing pack that gets a result that threatens first a home semi and secondly an away semi is a bad result for us. It's that easy!

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 07:38
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
No disrespect but Id rather play Falcons than wasps in a semi!!

Not sure.

Falcons have a stronger scrum and lineout than Wasps and have equally threatening players. On a typical day they have much better defence too. Wasps being at their best is very reliant on letting them play the way they want to. Lots of space, no pressure on 9 and 10, free for all at the breakdown. Deny them that and they look like a mid-table team much of the time. Deano is building a proper team without superstars but a load of players who leave everything out there.

I think Wasps last game of the season is away to Newcastle which could well be decisive for both so we'll get to see which front up. I am very happy that we aren't playing either of Sale or Falcons away in our last few games. Feels like a big banana skin to me.

Either way it was a good game to watch for a neutral.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 10:02
With home games today for Tigers and Pests against Saints and Wuss respectively it's hard to see past a couple of home wins. I can see TBPs on the menu as well. Both clubs are on 56 points now so could move to 60 or 61. We're on 62 so will remain in 2nd place after this round no matter what. A win of any sort against Barf tomorrow would be a massive boost to be our aspirations though.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 16:04
TBP for Pests.

However, Saints were predictably unpredictable and beat Tigers 21-27! Shows what playing for pride can do for your game.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 08:59
This game shows why the play offs should remain I mean say falcons and Sale had nothing to play for would this game have been as entertaining as it was Friday night?

I would like to see Newcastle sneak a top 4 as this season it's nothing more than they deserve and they still have a European cup to play for too! Potentially Coach of the year could be Dean Richards

Roger G (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 09:06
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
...Potentially Coach of the year could be Dean Richards

IMHO Dean Richards should never be allowed to be "Coach of the Year" however well his team do.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 09:07
I'm not sure how I stand on them in a self-interest sense, but I would love them to nab 4th, I really feel they've earnt it this season.

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 09:57
Quote:
Roger G
IMHO Dean Richards should never be allowed to be "Coach of the Year" however well his team do.

Why on earth not? He's paid for what he did. Arguably paid above and beyond on the basis that the stigma will almost certainly rule him out of a role with England.

Should we have hired Burger or Clark based on their previous on the rugby field? For me yes as both (Burger arguably less so) have been punished and moved on.

Roger G (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:26
Quote:
OldMarovian
Quote:
Roger G

Why on earth not? He's paid for what he did. Arguably paid above and beyond on the basis that the stigma will almost certainly rule him out of a role with England.

Should we have hired Burger or Clark based on their previous on the rugby field? For me yes as both (Burger arguably less so) have been punished and moved on.

Despicable though Burger and Clark's misdemeanour's were, they were probably committed "in the heat of the moment". I very much doubt they went onto the field with a plan to maim or injure specific opponents. Richards, on the other hand, had gone to the trouble of planning in advance for the eventuality that came about, even to the extent of purchasing the fake blood capsules. He then asked/told other members of his staff to be complicit in his pre-meditated cheating, even asking a doctor to ignore her Hippocratic oath.

Many players have had limbs broken and eyes poked entirely by accident - they must accept that risk before they take the field. Nobody, to my knowledge, has ever "accidentally" asked a player to stuff a blood capsule in his sock and feign injury!

I'm happy to agree to differ with you but, in my opinion, Richards' proven premeditated cheating should have seen him thrown out of the game completely. I'd have had the same view of Burger and Clark if their actions had been as carefully planned and executed, rather than being spur of the moment things.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:49
I do agree that there's a difference in premeditation and ofc we can have opinions that differ.

Just as Clark and Burgers playing careers will always be viewed through the prism of their offences I think the same is true for Deano and in his case he's paid and is paying the price.

Personally, I think it's England rugbys loss in his case and ironically given his punishment there's probably no one less likely to break or even stretch the rules.

Roger G (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:04
Quote:
OldMarovian
... there's probably no one less likely to break or even stretch the rules.

That's a good point and it always frustrates me when politicians call for resignations when somebody makes a genuine mistake that they will almost certainly have learnt a great deal from, and want them replaced by somebody who hasn't learnt that lesson. However, mistakes are one thing, pre-meditated deceit is another! Deano may think the mistake he made was getting caught for all we know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net