rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Why can't BBC London be bothered....
ninjafez (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:14
Yet again I have not been able to attend allianz park, not wanting to spread this bug my house has... nor it looks like BBC London seems to be bothered turning up to provide coverage, obviously BBC Somerset are here but even in a football crammed city could they not find money to consistently cover Saracens AS WELL AS quin's

Thanks to talk sport I at least have some coverage...

Rant over

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 21:09 by ninjafez.

Re: Why can't the BBC be bothered....
lechef (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 20:12
No mention of the result on either BBC news or ITV news, it is as if rugby is not important. Yet football is all over the news. Rugby is a game played by men, where as football is a game played by well you decide.

Roll on the under 20's Rugby World Cup in France.

Innings (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 11:26
Football is a game played by men, women, boys, girls. There are leagues for blind players, elderly players. It is also by a mile the most supported sport in the world. To get all precious about why the BBC doesn't do enough to cover rugby is a presumption the he BBC is obliged to follow everyone's minority sport interest, which they cannot afford to do, and for which they don't have distribution channels.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:01
The BBC in my opinion is not great for Rugby Coverage, as Innings says it is a minority sport and therefore they use their resources on sports the majority of people are interested in, if you want decent rugby coverage then I find BT and ESPN as good sources, and obviously the premiership rugby site

london pride (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:13
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
The BBC in my opinion is not great for Rugby Coverage, as Innings says it is a minority sport and therefore they use their resources on sports the majority of people are interested in, if you want decent rugby coverage then I find BT and ESPN as good sources, and obviously the premiership rugby site

Fully understand, but what annoys me is that BBC Radio London, local radio, always seems to have coverage of Quins, both home and away, but never Sarries.Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought Barnet was in London.
During the recent game between Northampton and Saracens had to listen to a very biased commentary from Radio Northampton.As it turned out because of the scoreline and the result it was one of the funniest things on radio I have listened to ever, but as a broadcast left a lot to be desired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 17:14 by london pride.

To Mega Therion (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:22
Bring back Large

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k
Eparistera Daimones

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:27
Quote:
london pride
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511

Fully understand, but what annoys me is that BBC Radio London, local radio, always seems to have coverage of Quins, both home and away, but never Sarries.Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought Barnet was in London.
During the recent game between Northampton and Saracens had to listen to a very biased commentary from Radio Northampton.As it turned out because of the scoreline and the result it was one of the funniest things on radio I have listened to ever, but as a broadcast left a lot to be desired.

I get where you are coming from, But Northampton is a rugby town where as London is definitely not (which is unfortunate)

I'm not old enough to remember grandstand but I've been informed that used to round up lots of different sports ? Maybe we need something like that to be brought back?

london pride (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:28
Quote:
To Mega Therion
Bring back Large

Vaguely rings a bell.Whatever happened to him.(He says with tongue in cheek)(Sm42)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 17:29 by london pride.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net