rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Re: Season Tickets
Roger G (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 18:41
Quote:
Duncan96
Quote:
Waldo
I think he is up for an award himself "Business decision of the year" - presented by Gerald Ratner !

Hey Fellas, the price increases almost certainly haven't been driven by the CEO. NW will have been completely integral to this decision since it is he who has to raise £30 million for the new stand and training ground and knows he can't do that without giving up control of the club, unless he eliminates about £3 million of annual losses now so that those coming in with new money don't have to continue doing so on an annual basis.

So, if there's talk of booing people behind the decision would we boo Nigel Wray after all he's done to make Saracens what it is, and at a time when he has no choice but to eliminate those losses to raise the money to take the club forward?

Personally, I hope not as it would be a huge shame to put it mildly.

From the many posts on this subject I think the overwhelming feeling is understanding of the need to raise prices. The problem is how poorly it's been communicated and how a few loyal supporters have borne the brunt of it, without a hint of an apology. Those are most certainly the business of the CEO.

darktagnan (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 10:49
My last thoughts on this subject.
Couldn't face the platinum price in E4 so have moved back & across to E7 at Gold price. Could have been a lot worse actually.

My main point: Is it really worth all the pain?

From my back of a fag packet figures - number of East Stand seats recategorised - 1000.
Average hike (say) £350.
so total raised (my arithmetic is just about up to this) - £350,000.You can mess with these numbers a bit but it really doesn't make much difference to the bigger picture.
That will buy plenty of Fish & Chips but isn't going to make much of a hole in annual losses (£2m), long term loans to shareholders (£40m+), cost of West Stand (£??m) or any other major component of the club's financial situation.
Meanwhile - lots of very unhappy people & loss of goodwill (£???).

JO'G (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 12:47
or thinking it from another way - you are targeting 1,000 people who in the main don't spend very much at the ground apart from beer. They (in general) meet their friends at the ground not bring new ones because they all got pi$$ed off at Watford

400 of them will give up their season ticket and come to the odd game as single ticket holders. They will then pay about 60% of what they used to pay on around 40% of the games. They might, given they make more of a day of it now spend some money on lunch or buy some kit.

300 will simply move to seats the club have been struggling to fill in the past. Tick in the box

300 will cough up the extra £350 which is sort of a win but not as much as they will get out of the 700 seats left vacant

here they will sell them to new season ticket holders or day visitors who faced with an Arsenal or Spurs season ticket think Azp is a snip. They won't worry about the small number of matches. They will buy lunch at the ground rather than in Mill Hill or a sandwich from home. They will buy two or three shirts plus some more for their kids. They will bring friends along. The difference will probably be double that £350k or perhaps closer to a £1m

RobB (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 12:28
Quote:
JO'G

300 will cough up the extra £350 which is sort of a win but not as much as they will get out of the 700 seats left vacant

Season tickets on General Sale - one or more seats available on the halfway line! (Sm124)

Coughie (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 13:11
It will be interesting to see if the Wolfpack and Wolfpack Plus memberships are retained for next season, and at the same prices.

My Wolfpack membership (£20) expires on the 30th June. Now I am no longer a Season Ticket holder, it would be an inexpensive way of keeping a link with the Saracens Club.

Hey ho.

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

Barty II (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 08:09
Held a season ticket in 2016-17 in the west temporary seats as a cheapo U24 - for the first time since Vicarage Road
Didn't have one this season.
Now me and my old man will be in S13 for 2018-19. Bit different to his days of standing on a wooden crate to peer over the fence at Bramley Road to watch his dad's side in action but glad we're coming back.
Have to say, no problems with the ticketing service, although it was a simple 'can we have two season tickets please'.

Rupes (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 08:51
Quote:
Duncan96
Quote:
Waldo
I think he is up for an award himself "Business decision of the year" - presented by Gerald Ratner !

Hey Fellas, the price increases almost certainly haven't been driven by the CEO. NW will have been completely integral to this decision since it is he who has to raise £30 million for the new stand and training ground and knows he can't do that without giving up control of the club, unless he eliminates about £3 million of annual losses now so that those coming in with new money don't have to continue doing so on an annual basis.

So, if there's talk of booing people behind the decision would we boo Nigel Wray after all he's done to make Saracens what it is, and at a time when he has no choice but to eliminate those losses to raise the money to take the club forward?

Personally, I hope not as it would be a huge shame to put it mildly.

Just to be clear - the CEO does not have control over the ticketing aspect of the club, according to the club press release. It's Lucy Wray who is in charge of the company who deals with ticketing. I suspect Nigel may therefore have had sight of the plans before they went public. As I said, a larger conflict of interest I'm struggling to think of.

whyisitnevereasy (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 09:58
So would anyone like to hazard a guess at how many season ticket holders Saracens will have next season???

The ship may now enter harbour negative oilskins

Rupes (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 12:10
9,999? Not allowed 10,000 (Sm128)

Graeme D (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 13:06
Quote:
Coughie
It will be interesting to see if the Wolfpack and Wolfpack Plus memberships are retained for next season, and at the same prices.
My Wolfpack membership (£20) expires on the 30th June. Now I am no longer a Season Ticket holder, it would be an inexpensive way of keeping a link with the Saracens Club.

Hey ho.

SSA membership just £10.

Excellent value, Monthly newsletter , lost of events , great bunch of people.

GraemeW (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 13:44
I bit the bullet and renewed two of my four season tickets, despite the re-categorization from Gold to Platinum. I was in E6 but looking online saw how many empty seats there are in the central block E5. Figured if I am paying that price I want the best seats available, so just phoned the ticket office who very easily swapped my E6 seats to more central ones in E5.

I would urge anyone else in a similar situation to do the same. As season ticket holders we should get the best positions and I would hope that there will still be a decent number of season ticket holders in the central seats.

It will be interesting though to see if the seats around do get sold on a match by match basis at the new prices.

Gryff (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:10
Quote:
GraemeW
I bit the bullet and renewed two of my four season tickets, despite the re-categorization from Gold to Platinum. I was in E6 but looking online saw how many empty seats there are in the central block E5. Figured if I am paying that price I want the best seats available, so just phoned the ticket office who very easily swapped my E6 seats to more central ones in E5.
I would urge anyone else in a similar situation to do the same. As season ticket holders we should get the best positions and I would hope that there will still be a decent number of season ticket holders in the central seats.

It will be interesting though to see if the seats around do get sold on a match by match basis at the new prices.

Welcome to E5 Graham we bit the bullet and stayed there and it makes total sense to fill the central section for best views and all together

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/06/2018 00:27 by Gryff.

GerryK (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 17:13
Took exactly the same action, much as it hurt coniving with the powers that be

Innings (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 11:41
Block E front rows almost all still available today. The ones from which we all upped and moved to E3 are almost 100% available.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Paulr58 (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 12:40
The middle three blocks which are normally sold out with season tickets are half empty. The club really need to come up with something to get supporters to buy these seats. They have seriously underestimated what season ticket holders are willing to pay for their seats. Come on Saracens time to admit you got it wrong and make an offer to those who have moved and those who have given their season tickets up.

Roger G (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 13:31
Quote:
Paulr58
The middle three blocks which are normally sold out with season tickets are half empty. The club really need to come up with something to get supporters to buy these seats. They have seriously underestimated what season ticket holders are willing to pay for their seats. Come on Saracens time to admit you got it wrong and make an offer to those who have moved and those who have given their season tickets up.

(Sm152)

However, it's about as likely as (Sm132)

(Always wanted to find a way to use that smiley)

Innings (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 21:53
More probable response emoji:

(Sm44)

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 16:47
Are they panicking yet? Offy says they have operators standing by for your call! email says it's going to be an exciting year former STH and why don't you renew?

Feels like someone had made a bad mistake.

Sully08 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 17:08
A month ago there were about 750 seats available in the East stand. Today it is around 700 with both E2 and E8 where they went from silver to gold both having around 100 tickets available. At this rate there will be significant gaps in the East stand next season.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 20:01
We moved from E8 to E1 wonder if we’ll get an email?! smiling smiley
Dont want to see club suffer but there were better ways of sorting this

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net