rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Done it, cancelled
Innings (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 12:39
Not a word from ticket office, but already an allocation for 2 tickets at £1,030 each on my account. I've cancelled. I don't want to be in the most expensive temporary seats, open to the rain, in British sport. I don't want to pay way over the going price for tickets to LDH or, God help us, the London Stadium, and be told it's part of the package. I don't want to move to some part of AzP where they cannot sell the seats in any other way.

So. after Sarries has been a sporting passion since the first game I ever watched, v London Scottish at Richmond Park, standing behind a rope barrier, I'm no longer a ticket holder. I'll not go to home games to sit in random parts of the stadium, so Sarries has now the great opportunity to replace me as a long-term supporter with someone who will pay their gouging prices.

There's lots I'll miss, the companionship of the people with whom I've always sat, the pleasure of the game day out, the writing of match reports. I'll even miss the 130 mile round trip to get to games. I'll not bother with the overseas trips that I allowed myself every year. In fact, I suspect that my total involvement in rugby has gone in 24 hours from being passionate about Sarries to indifferent.

I can afford the price rise, my wife think I should go on buying the tickets. However, I cannot stomach being gouged by anyone.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Re: Done it, cancelled
Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:09
Sorry to read that Innings, have always respected your posts and it makes me sad to read of a long standing fan like yourself not renewing.

ExLoosehead (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:12
"I cannot stomach being gouged by anyone."
My thoughts entirely, after 21 years as season ticket holders it saddens me to say we will not be renewing next Season.

Paulr58 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:19
So sad to see you go and the way loyal passionate supports of the team are being treated. As the people sitting next to you since the move to AP, there will be another 3 seats empty. Sad day.

Eurosarrie (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:41
This is so understandable that "sadness" doesn't go anywhere near expressing the loss.
I cannot believe (or perhaps choose not to) this injustice is being ignored by sarries hq. What has happened to the "honesty" and "humility" promoted by the club, not to mention integrity, with respect to the way in which long standing STH are being treated?

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:36
The re categorisation does not affect me...
North increased from £285 to £305... interest free gome from 12 to 10 months and now with a charge, perfectly understandable increase and change to payment.

I would interested to hear if those impacted by the re categorisation were given any alternatives or help to find different seats.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

BigBri (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:52
Cancelled my seat too.

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:54
Hi 1876...three of us were in E8 which was silver but going gold next season ,we have moved to E1 just above temporary black seating so still paying silver tariff
It was quite easy and there were quite a few seats available!
I wasnt go to pay more than I thought seat was worth
Very sad supporters like innings are giving up,would be great if they looked at relocating instead

European champions 2016 & 2017

16 April, 2018 14:55
Quote:
BigBri
Cancelled my seat too.

Really sorry to here that Bri any chance of you relocating?

Roger G (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:57
Quote:
1876-Fez
I would interested to hear if those impacted by the re categorisation were given any alternatives or help to find different seats.

A can answer that...not much. Just called and asked to move from E4 to as close as possible to the same position wrt the pitch, so E3 or E7. They can't do anything until they know how people in those blocks react to the changes, just note down my request and wait and see. The person I spoke to wasn't aware of any plan to make sure everybody moved a similar distance so, as far as I can see, potentially the people next to me in E4 might shift a few seats to the right and I might end up in the gods in E2.....or vice versa.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:00
Roger G and Highbury Saracen... thanks for replies.... 2 differing experiences.

I hope that those who wish to relocate manage to do so and sad to see some not renewing at all.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Roger G (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:04
I made it clear that, having had gold seats on the 10m line for years, I wouldn't be prepared to pay the gold price to be at the back of E2/8. I just hope I'm not presented with that proposition when the dust settles.

16 April, 2018 15:09
Roger our seats in row M E8 are available 189 & 188 not a bad view level 5 metre line

Roger G (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:13
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Roger our seats in row M E8 are available 189 & 188 not a bad view level 5 metre line

Thanks HS but....there are three of us, and for all we know the TO may have allocated them to somebody with connections that they've just dragged off the street. angry smiley

Seriously, though, it is encouraging to hear you say the view is OK from up there.

TOKS (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:28
Roger, we will have three available just above Highbury in rows T and U. We are currently 11 going down to 8 for next season.

If you would like them the I will ensure that when I renew I will make it a condition that you are looked after. Current STs are much much more important than bandwagon jumpers.

PM me if interested.

viewfromthe22 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:45
I couldn't see an option to cancel on my account so e-mailed customer services I wont be renewing. Was there an option on line?

TV (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:07
Quote:
viewfromthe22
I couldn't see an option to cancel on my account so e-mailed customer services I wont be renewing. Was there an option on line?
Log in yo your account and click on where there is a request for action. This should take you to the next page where the option to confirm or cancel are on the top right in "File summary"

Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:14
Quote:
Innings

There's lots I'll miss, the companionship of the people with whom I've always sat, the pleasure of the game day out, the writing of match reports. I'll even miss the 130 mile round trip to get to games. I'll not bother with the overseas trips that I allowed myself every year. In fact, I suspect that my total involvement in rugby has gone in 24 hours from being passionate about Sarries to indifferent.

I can afford the price rise, my wife think I should go on buying the tickets. However, I cannot stomach being gouged by anyone.

Thanks for all the reports you have done Philip - that's another reporter gone and I don't know how we will replace you next year!

16 April, 2018 16:15
Nope, no option to cancel, only confirm. This then asks me to add to my cart but does say after 31st May the seat will no longer be available. Cancelled DD anyway.

CB1959 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:34
Quote:
BigBri
Cancelled my seat too.

Its a sad day Bri when one of the original Fez Boys like you hangs up his Fez due to the attitude of the club. Shocking.
Its not the same club that we used to stand at Bramley Rd, but we know we had to grow with them, and we did. To Enfield, the Vic and AP.
But now they simply just don't care about history and tradition. Its all about ££££

TOKS (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:50
Sad news Bri.

What about your compatriots and fellow "originals" (McNab etc)?

BigBri (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:58
Quote:
CB1959
Quote:
BigBri
Cancelled my seat too.

Its a sad day Bri when one of the original Fez Boys like you hangs up his Fez due to the attitude of the club. Shocking.
Its not the same club that we used to stand at Bramley Rd, but we know we had to grow with them, and we did. To Enfield, the Vic and AP.
But now they simply just don't care about history and tradition. Its all about ££££

It's not that I cannot afford the ticket but I am not prepared to pay this price out of principle mate.

[images.google.co.uk]

BigBri (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:00
Quote:
TOKS
Sad news Bri.
What about your compatriots and fellow "originals" (McNab etc)?

They are renewing regardless

[images.google.co.uk]

BigBri (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:07
Quote:
CB1959
Quote:
BigBri
Cancelled my seat too.

Just to clarify I will still attend games but only the ones that I cherry pick that are value for money paid and I will be standing.

[images.google.co.uk]

TOKS (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:09
Well as you're tall that's an option some of us don't have!

BigBri (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:54
Quote:
TOKS
Well as you're tall that's an option some of us don't have!

Agreed TOKS but not sure how many I will go to as I was sitting with my mates that I have known for years and fear that my matches will dwindle until I no longer attend at all. Feel like the club really doesn’t care anymore and that means it has lost my connection to it. That will include any attendance at any hospitality events as well so not just season ticket beer money andmerchandise purchasing.

[images.google.co.uk]

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 20:41
That was a depressing thread but sadly reflects the so called progress in "pro" sport. At some point the ££££ just trumps (sorry) the faithful. I'm not a STH because I can't get to games regularly enough or bluntly it's not a priority from West Sussex but some of my best memories are from away days in European Cup. If only Biarritz could get back into T14!!!

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 21:46
I don't have anything like the "time-served" or connection as many here but I too won't be renewing. Tbh this leaves a really bad taste and whilst I am certain I will still go to the odd game next season it won't be the same. I certainly shan't be suggesting to friends that they come along anymore.

I am not blind to the need for income but I hope we're not seeing the Twickenisation of Sarries were when I do go to the odd game I will have to sit in with a bunch of chinless wonders who spend the whole game talking about their holidays or the deals they have done recently rather than watching and enjoying the rugby.

EnfieldMal (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:33
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Hi 1876...three of us were in E8 which was silver but going gold next season ,we have moved to E1 just above temporary black seating so still paying silver tariff
It was quite easy and there were quite a few seats available!
I wasnt go to pay more than I thought seat was worth
Very sad supporters like innings are giving up,would be great if they looked at relocating instead

I'm in E2 row X. Sitting so far down not really an option as I have arthritis and peripheral nerve damage after an accident at work that didn't heal properly. Seats around that level are more likely to get wet and believe me you don't want to get colder or wetter than you can with nerve damage.

Standing not an option as I'm 4ft 10 and I can barely see over the barrier [:wor kid:]

Its a sad sad day for Saracens and I have supported for many years back to the old wooden stand at Vicarage Rd.

Marian

nickthesarrie (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 07:25
Quote:
Highbury Saracen

Hi Highbury Saracen, I've been a STH for 10+ years and am looking to relocate this season to block E8 - would it be possible to discuss via private message? Many thanks!

17 April, 2018 08:06
Yes no problem

JO'G (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 08:27
I was thinking about giving up too but was then decided by Mrs Waldo

'You miserable individuals have only one hobby left in your lives. Don't give up the one thing that makes you happy even if its more than you want to pay'

I think that it was a little more fruity, but the message was there.

So i'm going to renew, keep my seat and make the visits of the newbies extremely annoying

JO'G (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 08:27
I was thinking about giving up too but was then decided by Mrs Waldo

'You miserable individuals have only one hobby left in your lives. Don't give up the one thing that makes you happy even if its more than you want to pay'

I think that it was a little more fruity, but the message was there.

So i'm going to renew, keep my seat and make the visits of the newbies extremely annoying

17 April, 2018 10:04
I have just received an e-mail from the club acknowledging my request to cancel my ST for next season, see below. Polite as it was I can't help thinking there is one glaring omission, they didn't ask WHY.

Thank you Michael for your email, your season ticket has now been cancelled for next season.

Thank you for your support and we hope to see you again soon at Allianz Park.

Regards

BigBri (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:52
They don't care why with scarcity of tickets they will resell.

[images.google.co.uk]

davidthesarrie (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:53
I have renewed my season ticket. Concession rate reduces cost in my now Gold seat by £305 to a reasonable £400, up from £360. 19/20 season no discount and I will have to think again then. Shame after 23 years that I shall have to consider my following of Sarries.

The email response to the cancellation posted on here was appalling. Even Sky and Virgin and Insurance companies want to know why you are cancelling!

When The new stand is completed , they will all be Gold and the silvers in the uncovered will be leaving in their droves at that time.

Think again, Sarries!!!!!

DoubleChampions (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 21:53
Another 2 seats here cancelled. Rugby the new football - if you will not pay someone else will - SARRIES family my @#$%&.

Svenster (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 00:07
After being an avid football fan for far too many years to remember,I became disillusioned with the whole attitude from the top downwards towards fans etc. I went to my First Sarries game in '13 with my son.. and we were and still are, instantly 'hooked' by the experience. The friendliness of fans (home and away)and the match action made me realise that there was another avenue for me to get rid of my hard earned pennies!

We became STHs, albeit standing since then, but have nonetheless always enjoyed going to watch Sarries play (110mile round trip) and have a beer or two with like minded people.

I sincerely hope rugby will not follow footballs' demise (in my eyes anyway) and chase the big bucks to the detriment of fans that have been supporters for far longer than myself and my son have.

Josef K (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 08:26
I feel a strong sense of camaraderie with many on this board and would offer this thought. New or potential STH's should also be welcomed and not dismissed, in the abstract, as uninterested or worse. None of us, I'd suggest, appeared as fully formed (and informed) supporters, rather we learned from one another and developed our esprit de corps. I'm sorry to lose some respected familiar faces, but the torch can be handed on to the next generation.

Hope this doesn't come across as virtue signalling. I know what I am. I'm a small time supporter from a North London park who got lucky.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 09:09
Sorry Josef, But if I had "gained" a season ticket knowing that the club had turfed a long standing fan out of his seat, broken up friendships and camaraderie built over many years just so I could sit in it.

Well, I have to be honest that would not sit well with me personally.

Waldo (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 10:04
They in all likelihood won't be aware of that .

london pride (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 10:18
They will, or should be, annoyed as well.The same old hard seat they are sitting on and getting soaked when it rains, was over £600 cheaper last season.I wouldn't be to happy.

Barty II (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 10:53
Quote:
Wayoutwest
Sorry Josef, But if I had "gained" a season ticket knowing that the club had turfed a long standing fan out of his seat, broken up friendships and camaraderie built over many years just so I could sit in it.

Where do you stand on this one - I'm 25 so some of you have owned a fez for longer than I've been alive (although I can play the "My grandad is in the hall of fame" card). Had a season ticket with my dad for the penultimate year at Vicarage Road. Gave it up after going off to uni at tightening an already tight budget. Can count on one hand the amount of games I went to until taking advantage of the U24 concession in 2016-17 to get a cheap-ish season ticket in the front row of the temporary seats in front of the west stand (one of the last that was available) and went to pretty much every home game. Didn't renew due to saving hard to buy a flat. Thankfully that's gone well, am settled and have a small amount of disposable income that could potentially go towards a season ticket for next year, having only been to one match this year.

Am I upset and angry on behalf of the loyal fans who's hands are being forced by this shambles of a scenario? - Absolutely.

Will I sleep at night if I manage to pick up a season ticket for next year as a result of others being shafted, now that I'm in a slightly better position to afford one? - Probably.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 11:01
Barty,
I have nothing against people who buy the tickets from the "Displaced". All I am saying is that personally it would not sit well with me. I am not judging anyone. We are all fans at the end of the day.

Nothing lasts forever and change was always going to happen.

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 11:15
Quote:
Wayoutwest

Are you staying Jim?

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 11:27
Don't know Jim, if I am honest. It's not really the cash. It's what it has done to a section of fans who have been around for all my supporting life. The club I love then says you don't matter anymore. Pay up or sling your hook.

It's not The Saracens I recognise and I question if they can do that without any transition what happens next?

Sully08 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 11:36
Think he said elsewhere he was leaving it to the last minute to renew.

We were in the same boat a few years back when our seat was reclassified silver from red & black. We went through the same emotions as others here and were ready to give up our ST's but in the end decided to stay and talked to Spectator Services to move higher (and drier) to a better silver seat than our reclassified one. 3 seasons on we are surrounded by a great group of fans and the pain of that price increase WAS a distant memory.

Not sure what I'd have done if moved to Gold this time but I do wonder if the club will fill all the seats vacated in blocks 2 and 8. South Stand will certainly be very loud next season.

Josef K (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 12:44
The Bristol re-branding is a theme that seems to have parallels with this debate, the common factor being a lack of consultation with the supporters over a decision affecting them. I wonder if the the ultimate owners are of the view that there was little to be gained by doing so, as the feedback would predictably be negative. If so, is this leadership in action, i.e. taking the unpopular decision for what they believe to be for the ultimate benefit of the organisation?

Stephen Lansdown and Nigel Wray haven't had the success that they have each enjoyed by ducking issues, although there's something almost Quixotic in them looking to establish the long-term viability of our beloved Clubs. When I've been enthusing (boring?) others about my rugby journey with Sarries, I explain that I loved being one of the handful of supporters at Bramley Road and also sharing in the unimagined success of being, in chronological order, Cup winners, then domestic, then European Champions. Both experiences have been superb, just different and difficult to compare in a meaningful way.

To those who have made the decision to reduce or end their association with the Club, try to bow out with a good grace. We supporters have been part of an extraordinary sporting success story and, if the new realities are unpalatable, appreciation of our benefactor surely entitles him to a great deal of respect and less criticism of the entity that he's done so much to embody.

I've made occasional visits to watch Championship level rugby at Bedford, Esher and London Welsh and there are plenty of venues where one could experience the game and supporter experience in more intimate surroundings. That's not to say that ticket prices will be negligible, even so.

Events move on, Sarries won't have things all, or mostly, their own way as in the last few seasons, but I hope that they're around in 80 years time in the same way as when they were founded 80 years before I was born. Nobody is bigger than the Club, but Nigel comes close, I respect his judgement.

DoubleChampions (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 13:14
Josef - Nigel and Stephen do not require a fan evidently not hit with a huge £370.00 per ticket increase to sit in the rain to do their bidding.

The silence from the club in the past few days is as they say deafening - they know they have got it badly wrong in tone and communications at best and they should be fronting up.

Adey (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 13:23
How would have liked for the club to communicate the changes? And when?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net