rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

why not delay price risese untill West Stand completion
Paulr58 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:11
Just a thought, why don't the management delay these reclassifications until the completion of the new West Stand when more options would be available to the loyal season ticket holders who are affected.

Re: why not delay price risese untill West Stand completion
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:21
Quote:
Paulr58
Just a thought, why don't the management delay these reclassifications until the completion of the new West Stand when more options would be available to the loyal season ticket holders who are affected.

Unfortunately I think you've already answered your own question. At the moment there is scarcity and therefore easy to impose these take it or leave it price rises. When the West stand is completed, that scarcity may evaporate, for a while anyway and with it the ability to push the prices up so rapidly. This is a much faster route to increasing the income from STHs.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:59
I did some rough sums to estimate the income difference between the East and West stands. I'm fully aware that they are far from being precise! I assumed that every seat is sold as a full price season ticket. In reality some seats will be sold to "occasionals" others to concessions, some unsold - I've just assumed these cancel out each other!

I've used this year's prices up to and including Platinum Plus, ignoring Tulip Club, boxes and those standing:

East: 2 110 140
West: 1 586 550

Conclusion - a new West (mirroring the East) should generate over half a million pounds more income, plus whatever the boxes and Tulip2 income can generate, based on this season's prices. A dent in Nigel's support, but far from removing his generosity.

And for the interest of all 1074 of you in the North (even though you no longer leave us spaces when we visit):

North: 300 720.

ninjafez (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 21:13
Quote:
Sara'sman
I did some rough sums to estimate the income difference between the East and West stands. I'm fully aware that they are far from being precise! I assumed that every seat is sold as a full price season ticket. In reality some seats will be sold to "occasionals" others to concessions, some unsold - I've just assumed these cancel out each other!
I've used this year's prices up to and including Platinum Plus, ignoring Tulip Club, boxes and those standing:

East: 2 110 140
West: 1 586 550

Conclusion - a new West (mirroring the East) should generate over half a million pounds more income, plus whatever the boxes and Tulip2 income can generate, based on this season's prices. A dent in Nigel's support, but far from removing his generosity.

And for the interest of all 1074 of you in the North (even though you no longer leave us spaces when we visit):

North: 300 720.

But the new stand is not just about match day, it will be the rent from Middlesex university as well..

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

colinmiddx (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 13:33
Just a minor point but the West stand does bring something for the supporters. The last plans I saw had tulip2 as a match day cafe and 100 club/Fez club as indoor bars. If this changes we will know corporate is the main interest.

TimH (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 13:38
What concerns me about new West Stand - if it happens - is, surely the price banding will be the same, maybe minus Platinum Plus? Will they be able fill those seats as well at those prices?

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 16:08
Quote:
Paulr58

Because to raise the 30 million odd necessary to build the West Stand and new training centre without giving up control of the club NW must show that he can eliminate the annual losses of about 3m Per season NOW.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 17:24
Don't Fez club debentures run out at the end of this season too? So potentially some more folks who can be gouged this season?

mrhatch (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 15:50
They do OldMarovian. My father and I were in the Boleyn Suite at the London Stadium talking to a few of them. None of them were impressed with the price rises it looks like they will be incurring.

It also sounded like the club wasn't listening to them either

daz_71 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 16:17
Quote:
TimH
What concerns me about new West Stand - if it happens - is, surely the price banding will be the same, maybe minus Platinum Plus? Will they be able fill those seats as well at those prices?

I'm sure there's a long queue of punters waiting to pay these over the top prices to fill the new West stand when/if it happens. Afterall those affected by the reclassifications were clearly told there's people waiting to take your seats!

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 16:22
I have heard the increases in the Fez club are eye watering as they now come with a platinum seat despite where you normally sit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net