rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Danny Cipriani for Gloucester Rugby
colinmiddx (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 19:18
According to a torygraph exclusive.

Re: Danny Cipriani for Gloucester Rugby
tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 19:43
How odd, I just read an article sending him back to Sale. It's very strange he hasn't got a club sorted. I can't believe he would leave it so late just in case he got an England call up. He may only get to go on the SA tour, but will then have to stay at the club he has signed for potentially fed up because he doesn't get the call again. Time will tell ....

nicsue (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 22:17
I'm sure I read that he was off to Newcastle!

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 07:09
BBC now saying the same, he’s off to Gloucester.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

PhilH (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 07:14
Quote:
Jim 55
BBC now saying the same, he’s off to Gloucester.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Typical of the BBC rugby coverage:”The 30-year-old, whose contract with the London club ends this summer, has decided to stay in England to remain eligible for international selection.”

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 07:31
I would imagine the work experience guy at the beeb put the entry on as he had more knowledge than the rugby reporters!

Having said that it’s a good move by Glaws, DC, Bananaman, who was on fire at the end of the season are the first through the door for 18/19 a couple more and they’ll be more than a handful!

AlanE (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 10:06
Quote:
Jim 55
I would imagine the work experience guy at the beeb put the entry on as he had more knowledge than the rugby reporters!
Having said that it’s a good move by Glaws, DC, Bananaman, who was on fire at the end of the season are the first through the door for 18/19 a couple more and they’ll be more than a handful!

They are also signing a few South Africans - Jaco Kriel signed a couple of weeks ago and there were rumours Gerbrandt Grobler from Munster and Johan ranse van Rensburg from the Lions (not sure if they were confirmed).

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

TOKS (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 10:31
Well this all gets stranger and stranger. I have to say that I had him down for a large deal in France with a team that wanted to expand its playing style. He does have flaws in his game, as everyone does, but there's no one that could say he doesn't get a backline moving.

Unless Eddie loses the final few marbles he has Farrell will always be one of the first names on the team-sheet. Has Eddie finally lost patience with Ford? Does he see a Robson / Cipriani / Farrell axis as the way forward? I'd certainly have no issue with that. And, whilst Cipriani doesn't have the best defence in the world, you wouldn't have to hide him in the same way you do Ford.

Huxley (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 11:24
Announced now, good signing for Glos. An English fly half, and a team full of saffas, can’t see that ever working....

TimH (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 12:59
Forgive me - as I have undoubtedly been asleep! - but why are Wasps letting him go?

Huxley (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 13:31
Quote:
TimH
Forgive me - as I have undoubtedly been asleep! - but why are Wasps letting him go?

They made him an offer, but he wouldn’t commit at that point, and at the same time Sopoaga became available. It would have been dangerous for Wasps to wait till now, with no other options.

Had EJ not picked him, I think he would gone to France.

TOKS (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 14:25
It remains to be seen whether the talented, tried and tested (but flawed - aren't we all?) is better then the more expensive New Zealand journeyman. Personally I'd have stuck with DC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net