rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
PUTTING THE GLOSS ON

Latest: SARACENS 38 : 15 GLOUCESTER RUGBY
Next: Saracens v Bath Rugby Sat 29th Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Bath Rugby, Sat 29th Sept BT Sport 1 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Matt Hankin
CambridgeSarrie. (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 23:49
After today's game I had the pleasure of a brief chat with Matt at Mike Ellery and Tim Streathers cocktail bar. Hearing how his head injury has ended his career and continues to affect his health today (he now suffers from migraines and finds any strenuous exercise gives him headaches) makes you realise what these lads risk when pursuing a career in the game. He hasn't been able to go to the gym for 2.5 years as a result and has lost much of his rugby muscle bulk.

I mentioned to him that he is talked about on here on occasion and he said to pass on his gratitude for people caring about how he's doing. He seems a cracking lad, I hope he manages to recover fully from his injury in time and enjoy getting his teeth into something away from playing rugby.

Here we go! Dah. Dah-dah-dee-dah....

Re: Matt Hankin
flavman 35 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 06:24
Such a shame and wishing him all the best.

Eric Browett (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 08:30
I didn't realise he'd definitely retired from rugby. Great shame. Hope he fully recovers in time and finds another outlet for his abilities.

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 09:48
What a real shame that such a promising career was cut so short.

Best wishes Matt; whatever you up doing I'm sure that your time at Saracens will help you to succeed.

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 10:14
That is such a real shame.

Best Wishes to Matt and hopefully he is a massive success in anything else he does for the rest of his life.

Harbinger (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 11:48
The real shame is how it happened in the first place...

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 15:30
Quote:
Harbinger
The real shame is how it happened in the first place...

Is there a story here? How did it happen?

Harbinger (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 16:38
They were on a mid season long weekend/break and some of the boys had a drink.

Matt was doing this drinking game, only one of the other lads got hold of the fire extinguisher and hit him so hard on the helmet it knocked him unconscious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net