rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

NO STING IN THE TAIL
TheSaracens.com (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 19:14
Thanks Jeremy
Do you want to do your traditional Twickenham report next week?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 20:39 by TonyTaff.

Re: NO STING IN THE TAIL
King Zak (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 14:43
Thanks Jeremy, a great reflection on a fantastic game. Like you, I thought Wade had impeded a would-be tackler in the first try; replays show he was pushed into him by another Sarries player, fair decision. Also, as the highlights show, JP was not going to allow players to scream at him for decisions. Whilst I think Wade’s pass to Young went forward, JP’s response was probably in the best interest of rugby in general. It’s not just Sarries, most teams do it and it does need to stop before we end up undermining the referees any further

One last thought; the incident where Farrell was adjudged to be ‘held up over the line’ seems to me be the result of a kneck roll by Gopperth. Oh, and I’m pretty convinced Daly’s ‘try’ should have been awarded.

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

JO'G (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 16:24
watched the match again - and no beer involved

1) Daly's try should have been allowed. Since Cooper-Wooley effectively scored from the 22 drop out (ok there was a penalty kick to the corner between) I don't think it was a killer for them

2) Wade's pass to young seemed marginal, the pass from Cips to Wade looked forward too because cips was not running straight

3) No problem with Wasps first try

4) Totally forward pass to sculla for the last try of the game - really bad call by ref and TMO

5) we got lucky with out 4th try when under the cosh when Hughes actually hooked the ball back in a ruck perfectly legally

given all that I would say the debt for Hughes and JP was mostly paid back

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 20:37
A splendid beer-goggles report!

And admirably qualified thereafter.

I am not sure why we haven't had any waspies replying. Perhaps they simply expect their forum to be closed down in the close-season, so expect ours to die also!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net