rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SEVENS SQUAD -
1st SILVERWARE OF THE SEASON!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Next: Bedford Blues v Saracens Sat 18th Aug Goldington Rd,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Eddie Jones has lost the plot
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:23
There has been a lot of talk regarding Eddie Jones and his style, his team selections and a whole lot besides. But I defy anyone to put a positive spin on this latest nonsense..........

"The match is a fantastic opportunity," said head coach Eddie Jones.

"We've always wanted to try Elliot at 15 and we also think (Mike) Browny can be an absolutely outstanding left winger for us."

Jeez words fail me......

Re: Eddie Jones has lost the plot
BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:25
Not actually worth wasting them on this. So many excellent Premiership wingers. (Sm164)

NickL (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:52
Also given a non-cap game to experiment with Cipriani somewhere in the back line, he's benched him and picked the underwhelming Piers Francis, who is highly unlikely to feature on the SA tour, at 12.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2018 16:55 by NickL.

Convex Hull (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:54
I think it is an excellent way of encouraging Sanderson to stay with Sarries. All for it...

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 17:49
This is Eddie's Chance to play some up and coming Saxons with some experience, Daly at 15 is ok, but don't bother with Brown on the wing, give someone else a chance,

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 07:10
Hope Ash scores a hatful that's all.

maynas (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 10:10
And what about these serious injuries that keep happening in England training? Latest Obano who could be out for 12 months. Something wrong definitely going on there, too many to be coincidences. Glad our guys are training for the final not Barbarians.

Neville (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 10:32
Something rotten in Jones state methinks.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 13:05
The Rugby Pod... Andy Goode had watched England train this week... full on and brutal. Jones isn't learning..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 17:21
Thank God we didn't have any guys in Brighton.

Next, we need the other 9 of our tourists to do a Kruis and pull out of the tour (Faz can go). Yoda will get fired, and his successor can pick loads of Exeter players!

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 17:24
After that closing run of games this season I can see more Sarries being picked, not less.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 15:31
Well Eddie that's just working out dandy. MB got skinned within the first 3 minutes of the game, coincidentally the same number of tries Chris Ashton's already scored in the first half.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 18:10
Jones is getting his own back after England kicked his ass in 2003, he should never have been near the squad without buying a ticket to watch.

AlanE (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 14:47
Re Eddie's training methods,
Drunken Wasps have cracked the code

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Waldo (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 16:51
Mick Cleary in the Torygraph reckons England need to be more like Saracens - Sorry it's behind a paywall - but some oif you will no doubt be able to read it .

King Zak (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 17:08
I am reminded that Michael Lynagh, when asked about Jones’ appointment, said that it’d be great for two years and then all fall apart

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 18:11
Te'o also out injured now, opens up a slot to me for Loz to start at 13 but to me it means Faz will play at 12 rather than 10 which to me he should be playing in.

vunipolae (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 18:34
With Teo out there isnt a single player in the squad who I would say their best position is 12. Farrell will likely play there or maybe lozowski or Slade but none of them are at their best as a 12. It, along with a traditional 7 is and has been for as long as I can remember England's problem position. Maybe we should give Sam Burgess a call and ask him if he fancies switching codes a year before a world cup?

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 19:13
Quote:
vunipolae
With Teo out there isnt a single player in the squad who I would say their best position is 12. Farrell will likely play there or maybe lozowski or Slade but none of them are at their best as a 12. It, along with a traditional 7 is and has been for as long as I can remember England's problem position. Maybe we should give Sam Burgess a call and ask him if he fancies switching codes a year before a world cup?

hahaha brilliant! Didn't work out so well last time for him though did it?!

VyvyansNo1Fan (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 00:17
Quote:
vunipolae

Apparently there's a guy at Saracens called Brad Barritt who is not too shabby as a 12.

Maybe EJ will call him up?

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
30 May, 2018 08:26
Another training sesh, another injury.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 15:56
Quote:
VyvyansNo1Fan
Apparently there's a guy at Saracens called Brad Barritt who is not too shabby as a 12.
Maybe EJ will call him up?

Ford & Farrell together, Robshaw back to 7, Mike Brown on the wing, etc if Jone takes any more leaves from Lancasters play-book it really will be obvious that the Emporer is undressed.

ExLoosehead (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 15:57
Jamie's in the media fully endorsing Jones's training methods!
Probably can feel the hot, rank breath of Cowan-Dickie on the back of his neck, so to speak.
(Sm124)

Harbinger (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 14:04
Quote:
ExLoosehead
Jamie's in the media fully endorsing Jones's training methods!
Probably can feel the hot, rank breath of Cowan-Dickie on the back of his neck, so to speak.
(Sm124)

What else is he going say? By the sounds of things its not really a place for an open and honest discussion with the coaches. Bit like a dictatorship.

But it all sounds so old school, you wonder if its doing anyone any good, most clubs and coaches have been there and moved on to better methods....

Waldo (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 13:14
or has he ? (Sm100)(Sm100)

Has labelled Bruce Craig "the Donald Trump of Rugby" citing "they even have the same hairstyle " .

Perhaps he is quite perceptive after all (Sm14)

John Tee (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 13:33
Doesn't sound the sort of language an England coach should use. Doesn't do him any credit and if that is the way he handles contrary opinion...??

JO'G (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 16:27
Quote:
Waldo
or has he ? (Sm100)(Sm100)
Has labelled Bruce Craig "the Donald Trump of Rugby" citing "they even have the same hairstyle " .

Perhaps he is quite perceptive after all (Sm14)

Pot
Kettle
Black

Waldo (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 17:38
Me or Eddie J'OG ?

I wish I had hair ! (although perhaps not Donald Trumps )

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 18:42
Launchbury a doubt for first test - another (!) injury in an Eddie Jones training session.

Big Nick Isiekwe to start if Launchbury doesn't make it. He would fully deserve it after a really fantastic first season of top level rugby.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
06 June, 2018 21:48
Quote:
#wolfpack
Launchbury a doubt for first test - another (!) injury in an Eddie Jones training session.
Big Nick Isiekwe to start if Launchbury doesn't make it. He would fully deserve it after a really fantastic first season of top level rugby.

I feel a chant coming on:

"He's just a fit Eben Etzebeth"

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net