rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SEVENS SQUAD -
1st SILVERWARE OF THE SEASON!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Next: Bedford Blues v Saracens Sat 18th Aug Goldington Rd,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Weve got our Trophy Back
dirtybertie (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 16:55
So proud of the whole team. Its not about the 23 its about the whole squad. We will miss Schalla and Chris hoplefully get Ashy back.

Re: Weve got our Trophy Back
Sarriesvet (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 17:17
Brilliant lads! Just to be a tiny bit picky - when we win it again next year, can you please bring the trophy all round the stadium? There were lots of Sarries waiting who never got to see it close up today! Wonderful day though.

Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 18:17
Really? Your trophy? That actually saddens me a bit.
Never mind. You won't be keeping it forever.

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 18:53
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

I doubt DB seriously meant anything by that. Most likely an over-exuberant / jubilant slip of the keyboard.

No one has a right to tbe trophy. Clearly it has to be won by hard graft and it was our turn today.

Look forward to renewing the battle next year, when I've no doubt Exe will be back tougher and wiser than ever.

Wolfpack Mozart (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 18:59
Quote:
Harrow Sarrie
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

I doubt DB seriously meant anything by that. Most likely an over-exuberant / jubilant slip of the keyboard.

No one has a right to tbe trophy. Clearly it has to be won by hard graft and it was our turn today.

Look forward to renewing the battle next year, when I've no doubt Exe will be back tougher and wiser than ever.

Actually genuine question on that front. Is there any rule in rugby about retiring the trophy once a team wins it 3 times?

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 19:01
Tigs would own several! In any case, retirement is usually based on consecutive wins

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Waldo (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 19:04
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

I think this is meant in the sense we had it the year before you and now we've got in back - An exuberant comment rather than a malicious one.

dirtybertie (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 19:08
Quote:
Waldo
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

I think this is meant in the sense we had it the year before you and now we've got in back - An exuberant comment rather than a malicious one.

Not allowed to be happy such a shame why dont you all go and moan on the wasps board like you did last week

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 20:22
Quote:
dirtybertie
Quote:
Waldo
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

Not allowed to be happy such a shame why dont you all go and moan on the wasps board like you did last week

Grow up!

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 21:14
Maybe Dirty has had a few too many sherberts and will regret this in the morning. (Sm111)

paulglynn (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 21:52
It might be a different one next year due to the change in sponsor, also the other trophy are in the reception area of Allianz park

Bboonie (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 22:36
Agree with paulglynn, I've never seen it up close, but assume it has Aviva on it.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 07:08
Well that was a pretty pointless thread!

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 07:50
As someone once pointed out: what you get to keep are the shared memories not the trophy.

Biscuits? I don't mind if I do!

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Ricardo121 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 10:42
Quote:
TonyTaff
As someone once pointed out: what you get to keep are the shared memories not the trophy.
Biscuits? I don't mind if I do!

Indeed, I'll always remember HRHRH on the mic just after the 2011 win versus Leicester in which he said, "That trophy's already gathering dust and Leicester will already be thinking about next season...."

colinmiddx (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 21:51
Quote:
Wolfpack Mozart
Quote:
Harrow Sarrie
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

Actually genuine question on that front. Is there any rule in rugby about retiring the trophy once a team wins it 3 times?

Next year its the Gallagher Premiership so could be a new cup.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 16:44
Quote:
colinmiddx
Quote:
Wolfpack Mozart
Quote:
Harrow Sarrie
Quote:
Geronimo Jim

Next year its the Gallagher Premiership so could be a new cup.

Doubt it. The sponsors don't buy the cup, they get the right to put their ribbons on it.

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

07 June, 2018 13:45
The trophy definitely has "Aviva" inscribed on it, so we will be keeping this one!

JO'G (IP Logged)
08 June, 2018 09:20
hopefully will be able to get my picture with it again. I had one of me with both cups as my screensaver, but then lost the phone it was on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net