rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SEVENS SQUAD -
1st SILVERWARE OF THE SEASON!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Five finals, five wins!
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 19:13
So unless I'm having a brain fart we have won all five of the last five finals we have played in!

2015 Prem Champions
2016 Prem Champions
2016 ECC Champions
2017 ECC Champions
2018 Prem Champions

That really takes some doing smiling smiley

A fantastic testament to the boys.

Re: Five finals, five wins!
maynas (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 20:28
Went to all those but its best to take a bit more of a historical view. I went to two Prem finals we lost and a Euro final and semi final we lost so lets enjoy the wins and the good times but not forget we donít always win!

Bboonie (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 22:40
I can remember losing nearly every week. Everyone one enjoy, from Nigel Wray, through the squad, coaches, academy, pioneers and even the bog cleaners at AzP.

Thank you all and everyone.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 07:05
You know what they say about statistics Gazza?

If you torture them enough they'll say anything.

Maynas is right - the loss to Saints was particularly tough but those 2 finals against Leicester were epic, 1 loss and 1 win.

Very different days from turning up expecting to lose!

Heartfelt thanks to the whole Saracens family for another memorable season (Sm108)

AP (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 09:07
There was the Anglo-Welsh Cup in 2015, too, so it's six?

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 10:38
AP I had actually forgotten the AW win but in the context of the above five not sure it's worthy of a mention, except we just have smiling smiley

As a Saracens supporter since 1982 I'm in no danger of glossing over the many losses we've had in the past but equally let's not lose sight of the fact that we're talking about five finals IN A ROW that we've won! That is nothing short of amazing!

Hangover (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 10:39
Well done Sarries that was a complete performance from start to finish.

Glad we gave you a game for 60 mins anyway the week before ;-)

Mako & Maro outstanding.

Congrats from a Waspie

AnneGran (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 10:57
And let's not forget the one that got away (Versus Saints), when Graham Hughes had a bad day at the office.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 11:28
Quote:
AnneGran
And let's not forget the one that got away (Versus Saints), when Graham Hughes had one of many a bad days at the office.

Fixed it for you (Sm100)

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 11:32
Having a trawl around the meeja this morning and watching the recording late last night, the following came to light.......

1. Wiggy has 5 Prem titles (as reported on Wiggy thread) - a new record
2. Chris Wyles now has the record number for total tries scored in Premiership finals
3. Chris Wyles equals Chris Ashton's record for total number of tries scored for Saracens
4. Saracens now have record for most tries scored in a season

Quite a turnaround from the dark days before Christmas. Have to say though, hand on heart the moment we got knocked out of the ECC I thought we were going to win the Prem. Those two extra rest weeks are a massive boost and only just goes to highlight the achievement of 2016.

TOKS (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 11:37
I was sitting a couple of rows in front of JP yesterday and made a point of shaking his hand and asking him if he had enjoyed the semi. He replied that he had but was annoyed by the Daly "try" that he had thought was a try and that subsequently proved to have been perfectly valid. I agreed that we thought it was too but that fortunately Wasps scored through Cooper-Woolley a couple of minutes later, so probably didn't make too much difference. He agreed.

I said that Mr Barnes would seem, to the naked eye, to have had a pretty solid game today. He replied that finals were usually easier to referee but then added (with a glint in his eye) that apparently not when he was refereeing them!

Top bloke.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 19:56
For me that loss to Saints in 'that final' for whatever reason has made us the team we are today... Since then we've won 3 premierships and two European trophies, have the most players representating England and records all over the place...

I do not think that would be case had we won that final in 2014.

What have saints achieved since then?

We are in a good place, it will not last forever, let's make the next few seasons really count whilst we are in this form and on this high

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net