rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
PROFESSEUR BARRITT'S FRENCH LESSON

Latest: SARACENS 29:10 LYON OU
Next: Saracens v Leicester Tigers Sat 27th Oct, 15.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Leicester Tigers, Sat 27th Oct 15.00 BT Sport 3

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Mr Bradley Barritt........
Waldo (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 09:52
........Signs until 2020.

2 More Seasons

Hurrah (Sm60)

Re: Mr Bradley Barritt........
Jim 55 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 10:12
In the immortal words of that Orstralian dancing chap “ Fab you luss”

GerryK (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 11:27
Incredible news,
message to Brad-lead us into yet another trophy or two

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 11:27
Great news. Still the best 12 in the Premiership for me, by a long way.

It is too simplistic for his detractors to highlight his lack of top end pace. His courage, consistency and durability in the most physically demanding position on the field remains the heartbeat of our team. He carries/tidies up bad ball enabling us to reset, regularly takes heavy hits whilst passing on good ball under pressure, and is the rock at the heart of the Wolfpack, so much so that any missed tackle by him is headline news.

It was interesting reading the Wasps' board after last week. Much soul searching about the inability of their forwards to match our physicality, though for me they missed the fact that they have no-one in the backs able (or even prepared) to help the forwards with the hard graft. For all the eye catching moves of their backs (and they are a joy to watch) in a large part due to Brad, we have a much better balance between attack and defence.

My hope is that Nick Tompkins will learn from this extraordinary role model, though it will be a hard act to emulate. Good that he'll now have an extra year of tuition.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 11:33
He'll need those two years to give pick up his missing (but apparently superfluous) limbs and such that he left at Twicks.

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Huxley (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 13:07
One of the moments of the final, for me, was when Brad looked out with a serious injury, gets up, dusts himself off, and smashes in to the Exeter line. I’m pretty sure his DNA has more in common with granite than humans

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 14:01
Words cannot describe how important this is - although the posts above decry that asssertion! Congrats and thanks BB.

steviebas (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 15:02
Have to agree with all the above comments .

Over the past 10 or so years , we have have signed some excellent players . Either seasoned internationals , academy players or established Premier players . However , for me, the best 2 by a mile have been Schalk Brits and Brad Barritt . Both have given unbelievable service to Sarries , Through some tough times at first but together they have been the backbone of our side and have helped the turn around from a mediocre mid-table team ,to a side that sits at the top of the table , not only in the Aviva but also in Europe .

I'm going to miss Schalk massively , but its great news that Brad is going to continue for at least another 2 years .

Brad Barritt is my hero .

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 15:09
What’s interesting to me is that it suggests he was out of contract this year, but there has not been a whisper of him leaving us.

Edited for early post!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/05/2018 16:06 by Dolph42.

steviebas (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 15:29
Quote:
Dolph42
What’s interesting to me is that it suggests he was out of contract this year. But there has not been a whisker

Or even a whisper........

AlanE (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 16:57
I thought he said a few months ago that he had another year to go after this season? So this is another year on top of that.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 18:16
Yep...thats my take on it,he has re-signed till end of 2020/21 season

European champions 2016 & 2017

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 19:45
Sadly not Alan/HS: "Much was said about Sarries’ mid-season run of losses and captain Barritt, who has committed his future to the club until 2020 .." - unless there's another whisker!

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 20:07
I stand corrected!
Barty II has Brad down as having one year left so I thought it was a further 2 on top?!

European champions 2016 & 2017

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/05/2018 20:08 by Highbury Saracen.

AlanE (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 05:26
Quote:
Sara'sman
Sadly not Alan/HS: "Much was said about Sarries’ mid-season run of losses and captain Barritt, who has committed his future to the club until 2020 .." - unless there's another whisker!

Well I still think I am correct, Sara'sman, and nothing in that quote contradicts what I wrote. Two years from now, and one on top of his existing (now previous) contract.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Barty II (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 07:40
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
I stand corrected!
Barty II has Brad down as having one year left so I thought it was a further 2 on top?!

To be honest, I had Brad's contract as ending this year, but having got to this stage of the season with no news I assumed I'd got that one wrong and he had until 2019. Clearly that was a mistake too!

Will update the list - various sources either quoting 'until 2020' or a 'two year deal'

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 09:38
Great news. Any thoughts about how this extension till 20/21 and Taylors will affect Tompkins chances of breaking through next season?

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 09:52
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Great news. Any thoughts about how this extension till 20/21 and Taylors will affect Tompkins chances of breaking through next season?

I think he'll get his chances. Loz is now first choice 13, but he will increasingly be nabbed by England. Bosch is tiring and slowing down now and sadly you have to assume Dunc will be out for half the season (or at least very carefully managed). NT will get his chances in Premiership matches next year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net