rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Looking forward to .....
Sara'sman (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 09:35
We seem to have gone very quiet so I thought it would be interesting to share our hopes for next season. Perhaps we should take it for granted that we're all hoping for more of the same from our current stars I can't be alone in having to pinch myself when I think of the quality that runs throughout our team 1-15 plus, from the magnificent athlete that is Mako, through the granite that has formed our captain to the dancing feet and vision of Goodey. It can't last forever, but .!

My first is Henry Taylor. Next year should eventually see Ben pushing the old man out of his starting berth, but I'm also hoping to see if a fit again HT's immense promise will grace the Premiership.

Next is to see if the raw aggression of our converted flanker can shine at the top table. Hopefully Hayden Thompson-Stringer will continue his development and offer greater cover/challenge/rotation for Mako and RB. There is something of Mr Genge in HT-S, an exciting and frightening prospect once he masters the dark arts.

My final pick is more long term but I'm fascinated to see if Joel Kpoku (and his brother) will continue our Second Row production line. From the little I've seen of him, he (they) is a formidable talent, more in the Simon Shaw mould than another NI.

Exciting and fortunate times. What are your hopes?

Re: Looking forward to .....
Eric Browett (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 10:56
That Nick Tompkins is given some serious game time. He impresses whenever he plays. We should have learnt that a Brad/Bosch combination should not be used again after the Leinster game; it is too one paced and predictable. Duncan Taylor is a great player, but unfortunately injury prone, so we need to see Nick as the future at 13.

Gryff (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 11:04
Looking forward to see this fab team run out for another season.

to Liam Williams having a full season and really showing us his class

To finding out what life will be like after Schalk Brits and hoping one or 2 of the hookers step up

To seeing if Ben Earl can be the 7 we need so badly

Graeme D (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 11:29
Quote:
Sara'sman

My final pick is more long term but I'm fascinated to see if Joel Kpoku (and his brother) will continue our Second Row production line. From the little I've seen of him, he (they) is a formidable talent, more in the Simon Shaw mould than another NI.

With Danny Cutmore and Mark Flanagan moving on I would expect to see Joel getting good game time this year in A matches and possibly in International weekends. Incredibly hard working player who deserves his chance at the top. Jonathan his twin is slightly behind having taken a period out but is taller and a bit leaner and now coming through.

vunipolae (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 11:46
Many youngsters I'm looking forward to seeing develop, especially Henry Taylor and Nick Tompkins but most of all I'm looking forward to Lozowski continuing his development at 13 and I can see him absolutely taking the premiership by storm (meaning Malins will get some game time in the international windows)

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 14:06
I'm looking forward to Ben Earl proving the coaches right and filling the challenging openside flanker slot.

I'm also looking forward to seeing David Strettle back our colours and positively excited about the magic that Alex Lewington can perform after his performances against us and in LI's relegation season.

After injury-hit seasons I'm also looking forward to Joel, Titi and Calum showing their value to the team.

As Eric says above, seeing Nick Tomkins fulfil his promise would be fantastic. I also am hoping for a bolter from the Academy; Dom Morris has impressed me and we need to start educating our successor to Mr Granite...

Finally, I'm looking forward to seeing more of our two wrecking balls: Billy and Sionegrinning smiley

mrangry (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 14:13
All the above, but with the added pleasure of Wolfpack Ale- impossible to get where I am, and an absolute must at home games. Hopefully the new beer will appear now Wylsie doesn't have to waste his time with rugby.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 15:48
Vailanu definitely for me

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 17:01
With ten players leaving the squad in total, albeit two were on loan, and only three new players joining the club I think my hopes, as with others above, rest on the continuing rise of the academy and recent academy graduates. Joel Kpoku has looked in fine form and in my view can replace Flanagan already. Joel Conlon was making fine progress the season before last until derailed by injury. I hope to see a lot more of him. The same goes for Tom Griffiths who looks to have all the attributes to be very successful in the premiership. He was also doing very well the season before last until injury struck again. Exactly the same story for Henry Taylor. If all these guys can get fit and stay fit I can see this as a season where we might actually make a dent in the new Premiership Rugby Cup competition after a few years making up the numbers since Maro's victorious team. Tom Whitely and Max Malins both had good seasons and I'd like to see Nick Tompkins in the first team more regularly. As ever nowadays it's these guys who keep us in the running throughout the AIs and the 6N period so they really need to step up.

Really looking forward to cheering Stretts back onto the pitch at the LDH.... assuming he gets picked!

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
04 June, 2018 17:40
Excited about all of the above and also of seeing what Lewington can do at Sarries. Especially in the first half of the season he was pretty special in a struggling LI team.

I think the Sarries team is getting closer and closer to being able to run a team (even with players out) that will survive and thrive during the International window.

It feels like there will be plenty of opportunities for the Academy and wider squad players as I think the clubs contributions to the International cause are only going to increase.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 06:24
......... getting all our international players back in one piece and not flogged to death ..... big ask with EJ and England...l

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 08:19 by 1876-Fez.

RobB (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 07:42
For me I think it is important to get a new front row up to speed.

HT-s has come on this year but I think Titi has not pushed on after his injury (could be this was planned) - And the development of Ralph Adams-Hale and Billy Walker from the U20 set up cold come into play more this year. I know the front row are traditionally late developers but it would be good to take a bit of pressure off Mako and Vinnie so when they are rotated they have complete rest and some of the others step up to the bench.

The battle for 2nd choice hooker behind Jamie will also be good to see and who pushes TolofUa on - Especially on International weekends.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 09:20
As others have said above,

1. We need Tolofua to crack on and sort his set piece. If he can't we are going to struggle through international windows / if Jamie gets hurt.

2. I think Lozza will be away with England quite a lot now (especially if he performs in SA), so big chance for NT to get some decent game time at 13.

3. It'll be interesting to see how Ben Earl goes if he gets a bit of a run of games. He is obviously very highly rated and has always done fine when I've seen him without completely tearing it up.

But most looking forward to seeing Vialanu. His 20 minutes against Northampton in Europe were 20 electrifyingly brutal minutes.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 10:00
Ah yes Vailanu........or as Mrs G calls him 'Bijou Billy' smiling smiley

MyCupRunnethOver (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 10:27
Quote:
GazzaFez

Thats very good

Garp285 (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 11:21
Quote:
#wolfpack
As others have said above,
1. We need Tolofua to crack on and sort his set piece. If he can't we are going to struggle through international windows.
This may not be a problem in itself, as I'm pretty sure he was back knocking on the door of the French National side before his injury!!!!
As above though, I really hope Nick T gets a fair crack next season. He has put in some great performances over the last couple of years but never got ahead of Taylor, Bosch and now Loz at 13. And, yes, Vailanu, fit and with a good pre-season behind him.

Waldo (IP Logged)
05 June, 2018 11:50
Quote:
GazzaFez

Ah - you mean "Tongan John "

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net