rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

U 20 Rugby World Cup
F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 15:23
As I mused over the SA debacle and looking forward to this evening's U20 RWC final between England and France something crossed my mind on which I'm sure the erudite readers of this board would have an opinion.

WTF happens between U20 and senior status? - is it the absence of centralised contracts insofar as players get into the club loop and then it's where we are today?

Since 2008 England have only been absent from the final on 2 occasions (2010 & 2012). Excepting tonight on which it would be presumptuous to opine England have won 3 since 2013 and been runners up 5 times. The only team more consistent, the Baby Blacks.

Good luck tonight lads - we need cheering up. Btw it's on ITV 4 at 6.00pm

Re: U 20 Rugby World Cup
John Tee (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 15:35
Will be glued to this. I think our boys look great going forward but git a bit if a beasting against the Boks but held on
I hope we run the fat boys out and make them pay before they wheel out the subs and try and run us over.

Our under age levels in this country is very encouraging..
We have great success at football there too, so don't know what happens when the club's get them..?
You'd think that a worldwide winner at age levels....as consistently as we've been, would transfer in some parts into seniors...?

raedarius (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 15:39
This turned up on Twitter today, showing progress by U20 finalists.

[pbs.twimg.com]

The first thing I notice is just how many of them there are, and that with up to 12 years international potential per player, how some years "bed block" others.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 15:59
Quote:
raedarius
This turned up on Twitter today, showing progress by U20 finalists.
[pbs.twimg.com]

The first thing I notice is just how many of them there are, and that with up to 12 years international potential per player, how some years "bed block" others.

Great info Raedarius - shouldn't Harry Mallinder be highlighted red?

John Tee (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 19:15
Another 10 mins....we need another 10

The Bard (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 20:10
Really enjoyable stuff. Curry showed his premiership credentials, the big Leicester winger looks a real prospect and Kpoku did very well too. If the French can play away from home too their future looks very bright.

ninjafez (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 22:20
Quote:
The Bard
Really enjoyable stuff. Curry showed his premiership credentials, the big Leicester winger looks a real prospect and Kpoku did very well too. If the French can play away from home too their future looks very bright.

Missed the LV cup games last year, so this is the first time I would have seen Kpoku and I've been impressed by him. I would put him strait into the first game of the season along with kruis (recovery all being well) and give maro a few weeks extra... Same that Jamie is moving on as it's loose to see locks come up in pairs (naff, naff) here's hoping the genes run strong in his younger brother..

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Graeme D (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 17:33
Quote:
ninjafez
Quote:
The Bard

Missed the LV cup games last year, so this is the first time I would have seen Kpoku and I've been impressed by him. I would put him strait into the first game of the season along with kruis (recovery all being well) and give maro a few weeks extra... Same that Jamie is moving on as it's loose to see locks come up in pairs (naff, naff) here's hoping the genes run strong in his younger brother..

If you are referring to Jonathan they are twins but Jonathan is one year behind in the Saracens set up - he is however almost two inches taller but about the same weight.

Joel and Jonathan's younger brother (junior) who is 12 is over six feet one already and has to take his passport to matches as no one believes he is only 12 !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net