rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Quins Leaving SportsNetwork
Squawker2 (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 16:40
They seem to have come to a fair consensus to leave the aggro and are looking at an alternate hosting site

Would be a shame to end with a deluge of sites - I enjoy being able to quickly flick between the different boards. I have a shedweb account but I barely ever look at theirs

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Re: Quins Leaving SportsNetwork
Roger G (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 17:00
That's a shame, unless they're moving to a better platform that all SportNetwork boards could, potentially move to. Despite the odd idiot it's good to be able to "virtually" mingle with supporters of other clubs so easily.

IMHO Shedweb is a perfect example of what happens when fans withdraw to their own, isolated board. It becomes much less welcoming, as was the case when Sarries had a forum on the fish - it wasn't a nice board to visit.

To Mega Therion (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 14:35
Yeh the Northampton lot flounced a couple of seasons ago and have set up on Facebook. So this isnt a new thing.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k
Eparistera Daimones

AlanE (IP Logged)
25 June, 2018 10:05
Quote:
To Mega Therion
Yeh the Northampton lot flounced a couple of seasons ago and have set up on Facebook. So this isnt a new thing.

Well 'Come on you Saints'(COYS) disappeared but there is still a strong Saints presence on SN under the 'Marching on Together' banner. IIRC there was something about the COYS being registered and so the remainers were not allowed to use that, hence the change of moniker.

Goodness knows what the individual politics were behind that and no doubt some individuals are no longer contributing here.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

TimH (IP Logged)
25 June, 2018 11:59
These forums are quite dated and have been overtaken by (mainly) Twitter and Facebook as main forms of communication between fans.

I spend more time than is healthy tracking Sarries opinions and news on social media, but still delve into these boards.

However, whether it's a post or a Tweet, the atmosphere is generally slipping into hostile debate and - at times - abuse. Best off leaving it to the Olympic bar while brandishing a pint!

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
25 June, 2018 18:51
For running multi thread discussions rather than a couple of current points, a forum offers far more.

I wouldnt mind leaving SN, and Id even donate a couple of quid a year if needed, but Id want a reasonable equivalent

In any case, wed need our uber admins

maynas (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 10:03
Much more abuse and trolling on social media, hate twitter, facebook is for kids, this forum much better, hope it survives. Maybe Quins have been relegated and we missed them going ? [:wor kid:]

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 11:54
Quins. Wasps. Newcastle and Worcester.... all appear to have gone on their summer holidays!!!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Roger G (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 16:19
Quote:
1876-Fez
Quins. Wasps. Newcastle and Worcester.... all appear to have gone on their summer holidays!!!

Round of applause for our mods!!

(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 16:35
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
1876-Fez

Round of applause for our mods!!

(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Too right!

primavesi (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 07:14
To be honest the platform feels very dated now. It has hardly changed in 10 years.

If a better alternative is found, id happily switch.

Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 18:20
Quote:
primavesi
To be honest the platform feels very dated now. It has hardly changed in 10 years.
If a better alternative is found, id happily switch.

You'd probably need to find some new mods! I've only just got to grips with this one and tbh I don't have the time or the IT skills to set up something else.

tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 19:33
Perhaps he would like to happily set up a new 'undated' platform and administer it, DG. You and your colleagues do a fantastic job and are much appreciated by the majority on here.

There's no compulsion to join in. If it ain't broke don't fix it! (Sm152)

london pride (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 09:36
One thing that really annoys me is the constant need to have change for changes sake.Thanks to the moderators hard work and the vast majority of the contributors,I think, this message board seems to work.

If there is a better platform,and I know SN has it's problems,then perhaps change.But Facebook,Twitter.I don't think so.SN hasn't changed over the years,perhaps that's because it works.

primavesi (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 10:39
I agree FB and twitter not the answer - fun platforms but dont tend to allow for proper discussions. Lets see what Quins find.

Its not about change for changes sake - but if there are platforms out there that are better, allow richer content etc then its not just for the sake of it.

shendy (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 13:36
I think the one USP that SN have is the fact that the clubs are all in one place with a single login.
I quite enjoy wandering over from the Saints forum and looking to see what the oppo are discussing - like this.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 15:06
Quote:
shendy
I think the one USP that SN have is the fact that the clubs are all in one place with a single login.
I quite enjoy wandering over from the Saints forum and looking to see what the oppo are discussing - like this.

Exactly - it'd be one thing if the boards decided to leave together, but a scattering is just a nuisance: it comes with two big negatives, learning a new system/site and the separation factor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net