rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
PUTTING THE GLOSS ON

Latest: SARACENS 38 : 15 GLOUCESTER RUGBY
Next: Saracens v Bath Rugby Sat 29th Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Bath Rugby, Sat 29th Sept BT Sport 1 14.45

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Saione Vailanu
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 15:00
Only signed for Saracens in January this year until next year but has already just signed a 2 year contract extension! That's the good news..... The bad news is that by the look of his Facebook page he's in hospital with the ubiquitous Saracens number 8 injury........ A broken arm!

Speedy recovery!

Re: Saione Vailanu
Neville (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 16:21
Wish we could have accommodated Duane Vermeulen, but it appears he's signed for a Japanese club.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 17:51
I'd much rather a player like Vailanu who (when not injured) will offer Sarries the direct running they need but not at a huge cost. Also potentially if he does well Sarries have a better chance of hanging onto him in a couple of seasons time rather than seeing him leave to go back to a "home" club.

Along with Tolofua I think those are two non-EQPs who have the potential to be excellent players and both look to be the result of good scouting rather than hugely deep pockets/

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 07:08
Our back row has taken a battering last season with long term injuries to Billy, Burger, Clark, Conlon, Rhodes and Vailanu.
I'm just looking forward to a situation of being able to choose again and to that end Vailanu makes a valuable contribution. In the brief spells we have seen him his wrecking ball runs have been a joy to watch.

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 13:48
Are we going to end up with 2 x No 8s out injured until October/November if SV and Billy both have broken arms?

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 14:10
Jim 55 we are used to that situation unfortunately, at least Jackson Wray will not let us down as a no8.

Huxley (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 16:10
Has his extension been reported anywhere? I can't find any info on it other than when he signed for 18 months in Jan. The club seems to be random with which players they announce!

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 17:04
Quote:
Huxley
Has his extension been reported anywhere? I can't find any info on it other than when he signed for 18 months in Jan. The club seems to be random with which players they announce!

Yep. Reported here in the OP smiling smiley

I saw it on his own FB page so we can only assume it's true.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 06:31
It's true, I believe Sione said himself he signed a contract extension and our official Saracens Twitter have also mentioned it along with other social media avenues, I also meant to say, this is great news for Saracens as when Fit he is a fantastic player

Barty II (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 07:46
Quote:
GazzaFez
Only signed for Saracens in January this year until next year but has already just signed a 2 year contract extension! That's the good news..... The bad news is that by the look of his Facebook page he's in hospital with the ubiquitous Saracens number 8 injury........ A broken arm!
Speedy recovery!

Is that a 2 year extension to the end of 2021?

Huxley (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 09:09
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
It's true, I believe Sione said himself he signed a contract extension and our official Saracens Twitter have also mentioned it along with other social media avenues, I also meant to say, this is great news for Saracens as when Fit he is a fantastic player

I donít disbelieve it, I just canít find anything about it online. Iím obviously not looking in the right places, because Iíve searched social media, and the only twitter mentions I can find is his original contract. Itís excellent news, Iím just not sure why the club are unable to publise these things.

I hope he gets more game time this season, as he looks an absolute wrecking ball.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 10:23
Barty his original contract was 18 months from January this year taking him up to the end of the 18/19 season. His post said an extra two years. I would wait until the club confirm, however as others have mentioned........ Don't hold your breath!

Barty II (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 14:03
Quote:
GazzaFez
Barty his original contract was 18 months from January this year taking him up to the end of the 18/19 season. His post said an extra two years. I would wait until the club confirm, however as others have mentioned........ Don't hold your breath!

Yeah, not that I don't trust your knowledge, but maybe I'll just pencil it into my length-of-contract notes for now!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net