rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
WHERE THERE'S A WYLES THERE'S A WAY!

Latest: SARACENS 31 ; 25 SALE SHARKS
Next: Leicester Tigers v Saracens Sun 25th Nov, 15.00 Welford rd, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

LDH gorn!
Jim 55 (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 09:38

Re: LDH gorn!
OhMaroItoje (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 09:42
Wasps and Exeter back to back mid way and at the end of the season.. ouch. At least their outside the international period!

OhMaroItoje (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 09:43
Quins at Allianz Park aswell!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 09:43 by OhMaroItoje.

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 09:45
Well that didn't take long did it! The attached fixture list is from the 'fish and shows us away to Newcastle on Saturday 1st September at 3.00pm however the story shows us playing up there on Sunday 2nd!
And at last, we will play Chiefs with a full strength side during regular season, the weekend before Christmas! Lovely!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 09:47 by Jim 55.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:28
Falcons def sunday 2 sept 3pm

European champions 2016 & 2017

Waldo (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:31
interesting - no big "event" match this year seemingly - that will hit our attendance figures !

chris87 (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:36
Quote:
Waldo
interesting - no big "event" match this year seemingly - that will hit our attendance figures !

They might be waiting to see what the large grounds in London are charging, either Olympic, Wembley or White Hart Lane (I can dream), before they announce it?

Rupes (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:38
Wouldn't surprise me if the game vs Falcons went to the London Stadium (WHam away at Chelsea). Quins unlikely as that's an FACup round so logistics means they won't be able to wait for the draw to see if WH are at home.

Laid out like that though, the fixture list shows you everything you need to know about how disjointed the season is and how it needs sorting. Club vs Country Debate no.245 approaching...

chris87 (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:47
Quote:
Rupes
Wouldn't surprise me if the game vs Falcons went to the London Stadium (WHam away at Chelsea). Quins unlikely as that's an FACup round so logistics means they won't be able to wait for the draw to see if WH are at home.

Or it could be Quins at Wembley?

As far as I know Spurs are due to move into WHL in September and Chelsea’s new ground isn’t going to happen.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:49
Quote:
OhMaroItoje
Quins at Allianz Park as well!

Still time for it to be changed now Spurs have returned home?

The game at the Stoop is 7:30 KO to enable it to be broadcast live in Trumpville. (One L too many?)

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:55
Anyone found a downloadable versions for mobiles calendar?

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 11:00
Sale and Leicester during the Autumn Internationals.

Leicester, Gloucester, Saints and Bath in the Six Nations period.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 11:15
Found it....

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

NickL (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 11:31
Gloucester away during the Six Nations. When was the last time that didn't happen? At least we get to play Wasps and Exeter at something approaching full strength.

No double header (yay!) and no 'big game' announced yet. 11 Premiership + 3 European Cup pool games at Allianz Park leaves space for two more, hopefully EC quarter final and Premiership semi. Anyone know whether there's a plan to play the Anglo not-Welsh cup games elsewhere?

The Bard (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 11:34
Utterly unacceptable to have the same team in both international windows yet again. This really isn’t difficult...

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 11:39
Barty won the "guess the reason behind the order of the squad list" competition (prize in the [not very reliable] post). So who can explain the Premiership Rugby Cup format?

Only three rounds. Two quarter final dates, SF, F.

Since clubs have sold STs on the basis of 16 home games my guess is that QF1 will involve the "bottom 8" clubs with any having had only one home game guaranteed a home match. (The "top 4" to include a minimum of two clubs who had only one home pool game?).

Then proper QF to include "top 4" all at home. Seems complicated!

Edit to add: Am I right in thinking the season has been extended by 1 week? Extra PRC round.
Edit2: Just looked - last year 1 Sep to 26 May. So one week extension (though see BF below).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 12:15 by Sara'sman.

Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 12:04
doubt its an extension the anglo welsh used to have 4 group games a semi and a final. the new cup has 3 group games a qf, a semi and a final still 6 games

the 2 quarter finals might be to give teams a week off so split over 2 weekends

Barty II (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 13:02
Quote:
Sara'sman
Barty won the "guess the reason behind the order of the squad list" competition (prize in the [not very reliable] post). So who can explain the Premiership Rugby Cup format?
Only three rounds. Two quarter final dates, SF, F.

Since clubs have sold STs on the basis of 16 home games my guess is that QF1 will involve the "bottom 8" clubs with any having had only one home game guaranteed a home match. (The "top 4" to include a minimum of two clubs who had only one home pool game?).

Then proper QF to include "top 4" all at home. Seems complicated!

Edit to add: Am I right in thinking the season has been extended by 1 week? Extra PRC round.
Edit2: Just looked - last year 1 Sep to 26 May. So one week extension (though see BF below).

This one has me stumped. Original press release was that there would be three pools of four, play each other once, plus one "derby" fixture - presumably us vs Quins. Followed by Semi Finals. So quite where this quarter final appears from I'm not sure!

Barty II (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 13:06
Official Gallagher Premiership Release

1. No London Double header due to Twickenham renovations
2. Premiership Cup fixtures released Friday 13th July

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 13:21
I too was surprised to see the date for the Prem final on 1st June. That must be the latest finish date in the modern era. Great news that the LDH had been canned for this year at least but a shame the opening fixture is not at home. I assume that's to give an extra week to the athletics folks.

Roger G (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 15:47
Quote:
chris87
Quote:
Waldo

They might be waiting to see what the large grounds in London are charging, either Olympic, Wembley or White Hart Lane (I can dream), before they announce it?

Maybe they're waiting for all the new platinum ST holders to show up so they can re-categorise the seating at HQ/LS to pi$$ everybody off even more.

lechef (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 16:20
Quote:
NickL
Gloucester away during the Six Nations. When was the last time that didn't happen? At least we get to play Wasps and Exeter at something approaching full strength.
No double header (yay!) and no 'big game' announced yet. 11 Premiership + 3 European Cup pool games at Allianz Park leaves space for two more, hopefully EC quarter final and Premiership semi. Anyone know whether there's a plan to play the Anglo not-Welsh cup games elsewhere?
The Anglo not Welsh cup is being replaced with the Premiership Cup. Why do we need another set of games in a World cup season. Utter stupidity by the powers that be.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 16:37
Quote:
lechef
Quote:
NickL
The Anglo not Welsh cup is being replaced with the Premiership Cup. Why do we need another set of games in a World cup season. Utter stupidity by the powers that be.

A couple of pretty obvious reasons spring to mind. All clubs need the income from these games. Squad players need the games. Oh, and since they're played during international periods, they don't affect International players.

The Bard (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 21:59
Surely the best way to use the weeks in the new cup is to have two groups of 6. Play all of your opponents once, then top of each group play in the final.

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 04:48
I think the premiership cup should be a development ncup as in no more than 5 senior Internationals allowed per team...

That obviously won't happen but it's an idea

Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 11:01
Quote:
GazzaFez
I too was surprised to see the date for the Prem final on 1st June. That must be the latest finish date in the modern era. Great news that the LDH had been canned for this year at least but a shame the opening fixture is not at home. I assume that's to give an extra week to the athletics folks.

World Cup year so I assume no summer tour - maybe that’s how they got to extend by a week?

mk-fez (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 13:26
That’s right. RWC year means no summer internationals

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 15:19
Storm fixtures announced in the newly named Premiership Shield:

Round 1 - Exeter (H – w/c 3rd Sep)
Round 2 - Gloucester (A – w/c 10th Sep)
Round 3 - Bristol (A – w/c 24th Sep)
Round 4 - Harlequins (H – w/c 1st Oct)

Round 5 - Bath (A – w/c 17th Dec)
Round 6 - Gloucester (H – w/c 24th Dec)
Round 7 - Bristol (H – w/c 31st Dec)

Round 8 - Bath (H – w/c 1st April 2019)
Round 9 - Harlequins (A – w/c 8th April)
Round 10 - Exeter (A – w/c 22nd April)

Semi-finals – w/c 6th May
Final – Monday 13th May (TBC)

Quins had theirs up on Saturday (u18 too) but PR have only announced them today.

u18 fixtures:

14/15/16 Dec Gloucester A
04/05/06 Jan Quins H
11/12/13 Jan Irish H
18/19/20 Jan Exeter A
01/02/03 Feb Bath H
08/09/10 Feb Bristol A

11 Feb 16 or 17 Feb Finals Day (1-6) at Allianz Park [might this be a week too early?] - they've corrected the date

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2018 10:54 by Sara'sman.

Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 11:41
not quite true as theyve half announced that we are playing italy in newcastle next summer

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 16:38
Premiership Cup finally announced:

27 Oct Leicester H
2 Nov Sale A
11 Nov Worcester H
26/7/8 Jan Quins A

9 Feb SF
17 Mar F

Two weekends for the derby round 4 (3 games each), no QF! Seems a good move as every club will get a free weekend.

Saints released their fixtures on Saturday, Wasps over the weekend though their downloadable fixture list mirrored ours with Cup1/2/3, QF1/2. SF F.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 04:43
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
I think the premiership cup should be a development ncup as in no more than 5 senior Internationals allowed per team...
That obviously won't happen but it's an idea

McCafferty spoke about this, unconvincingly. The Taffs announced a development comp to replace the AW, but no attempt is being made in England. On another thread, I suggested a maximum number of over-23s, with a fine if fielding one too-many (funds to go to a pot for academy grants) a.nd forfeiture of 5 tournament points if more older players fielded

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net