rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS

Latest: SARACENS 51 : 25 CARDIFF BLUES
Next:Cardiff Blues v Saracens Sat 15th Dec, 13.00 Arms Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Cardiff Blues v Saracens, Sat 15th Dec 12.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

First Silverware of the Seasons
colinmiddx (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 17:37
Sarries are Premiership Sevens Champions.

They beet Wasps 33-12 in the final.

Two very good guest players from the army and very good performance from our youngsters.

Congrats guys

Re: First Silverware of the Seasons
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 17:41
Well done guys!

European champions 2016 & 2017

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 18:29
I'm not with the majority on here in believing that Nick Tompkins is our future at centre; whilst he clearly has the advantage of pace over Brad and Cello, I'm unconvinced that he has either sufficient size for the carry, skill in the pass or the consistency our gameplan requires in the tackle. It should go without saying that I hope he goes on to prove me wrong and the majority right!

But he was simply outstanding in todays three games. He made numerous strong straightening carries, regularly breaking through on his opponents' weaker shoulder, set up or scored several tries at important points in the games, showed great fitness in defence and made some crucial turnovers. His decision making was our greatest strength imo. I've never been anything but impressed by his grit and determination. Well played Nick and the whole squad!

Particularly good to see Nick, Joel Conlon and Tom Griffiths back playing again after their lengthy injuries last year - did they miss 2.5 seasons between them? Poor old Joel - his body is not made for sevens, though it didn't prevent him from making strong contributions in each game. Gallagher impressed too, skinning a couple of his opponents despite perhaps lacking true top class winger's pace.

mfc (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 19:20
Every thing you’ve said points to Nick being an outstanding 12 in the 15’s. He has better hands and feet than Brad, and we’re evolving to a place where he’s more compatible with the future game plan

Matthew (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 20:36
Congratulations on your win today! Have to say that I thought after the semis that Wasps would beat you in the final, but your fitness seemed to be better than theirs over the course of the day and that really told in the final game.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Comfortably Dumb (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 00:00
I thought Joel has been outstanding this weekend. Nick obviously great as well. And the army loan is always welcome back...

Comfortably Dumb (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 00:00
Clearly too eager to post...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2018 00:00 by Comfortably Dumb.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 11:23
Tompkins and Griffiths both looked very good with the laters extra physicality suggesting an understudy role for Barritt? and the former given the chance to rotate at 13 with Lozo and Duncan Taylor. With Taylor (scrum-half) and Malins coming through that's a very young and exciting combination.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 12:34
I have spotted a new irregular verb:

We have guest players,
You are fielding ringers,
They are effing cheating!

Don't mention the salary cap winking smiley

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 15:13
Wasn’t there some AW Cup shenanigans re guest players last year??!! smiling smiley

Sarriebone (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 16:13
Fielding ringers is a stretch from a team that fielded two former England 7s players...

Old Curmudgeon (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 05:43
Anyone remember Nick Tompkins display against Nonu and Halfpenny when we played and beat Toulon when so many were expecting a defeat?

Great young man, huge potential both on and off the pitch and I only hope that Jones does not get hold of him too soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net