rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SEVENS SQUAD -
1st SILVERWARE OF THE SEASON!

Latest: EXETER CHIEFS 10:27 SARACENS (Aviva Premiership Final)
Next: Bedford Blues v Saracens Sat 18th Aug Goldington Rd,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Brown warns Eddie
Innings (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 11:38
According to Gavin Mairs in the Telegraph today, RFU CEO Steve Brown has told Eddie that he is behind most other nations in his preparation for RWC. He's overspent his budget, and he is still unable to tell the RFU who are his RWC preferred squad names. He's goes beyond the dreaded 'full confidence' vote and makes clear that failure this autumn would trigger changes. The RFU expects wins, "and in style".

I wonder whether this will drive Eddie to retreat towards his old preferred names, many of whom have gone past their best already.

Was it Michael Lynagh who forecast two good years under Eddie followed by disillusionment?

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Re: Brown warns Eddie
SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 17:15
Lots of bluster from the RFU. If Jones was going to go then after the SA tour was the time. I suspect a failure in the AIs will see the coaches chucked under the bus but Jones continuing to 2019.

london pride (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 21:11
Quote:
Innings

Was it Michael Lynagh who forecast two good years under Eddie followed by disillusionment?

It was at a Fans Forum at Allianz Park when Michael Lynagh said that, and a few other things about Eddie Jones and England.So far Michael Lynagh has been right on all he said.He (Lynagh) spoke with such knowledge and common sense.

mike909 (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 14:22
Care to share?

Over on the Wasps message board, I've started a thread on what "AI success" might look like, given the RFU warning to EJ.

Potentially troubling times for England?

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 13:47
This on the Beeb News;
RFU
Last line is pertinent - anything less than semis at RWC19 deemed a failure.
Hmmm (Sm152)

John Tee (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 18:45
Who would you back England on current form to beat away from Twickenham
You could say 6 quite easily.
18 months ago you'd be saying 2, I think.

Now if you consider that a blip then ok, but if you think that can't be recovered then I don't see how you'd keep him, tbh.
And the Bok tour was the time to make a change as that gives more time to the RWC.

My call is that the review of the rwc will determine he stayed too long.

JO'G (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 08:31
I think you meant how many would beat England away from Twickenham I agree 2 before and probably 7 now with Wales Scotland France south africa and Australia joining the previous list of nz and Ireland

There would still be a reasonable chance of getting to the semi-finals in Japan though. In fact I would say it was still pretty certain because a lot of that 7 would be in the same boat away from home and only probably the original 2 nailed on for a loss at a neutral venue

Innings (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 11:40
So, on that criterion of failure, does getting through the pool stages and winning just one knock-out game constitute a success? Getting through the pool stage would, of course be an improvement on last time, but do the ambitions of the largest, richest union on the world really see being knocked out at the semi-final stage as a success? Be careful what you wish for, lest you get it.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 09:12
Thought it was Mike Brown when read title!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net