rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Vunipola’s sign until 2022!
OhMaroItoje (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 16:57
AMAZING NEWS!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 17:14 by OhMaroItoje.

Re: Vunipolas sign until 2022
vunipolae (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 16:59
Fantastic news, won't have to change my username for atleast 4 years

Re: Vunipolas sign until 2022
OhMaroItoje (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 17:16
Saracens is delighted to announce Mako and Billy Vunipola have extended their contracts until 2022.

The duo become the latest squad players to commit their future to the club after Brad Barritt, Juan Figallo, Vincent Koch, George Kruis and Duncan Taylor all penned new deals earlier in the summer.

England Player of the Year Mako joined Sarries from Bristol in 2011 with Billy following in his brother’s footsteps two years later.

The influential pair have played a major part in the club’s recent success, winning three Premiership titles and back-to-back European Cups since 2014.

With 144 and 85 Men in Black appearances to their name respectively, Mako and Billy are both excited to create more memories in north London.

“It’s pleasing to get the opportunity to play here at a great club where I’ve spent most of my adult years,” Mako said.

“We’re very lucky to have a family environment and we take it for granted sometimes. We’re very lucky a lot of us have grown up together and genuinely consider each other family. You can see that on the field but off it we love each other’s company; it’s a bit cringe sometimes but for me that’s what makes this club so strong.”

Billy added: “I’m very happy to be staying here. It was a straightforward decision; it was always about how I enjoyed being around the club and the boys.

“I’m looking forward to growing as a group and growing friendships I already have. A lot of the boys who have been here for a long time have already re-signed like Brad, Kruiso and Duncan – the coaches too. I can’t wait for the group to grow more and it’s something that excites me.”

Saracens Director of Rugby Mark McCall commented: “Mako and Billy have both made outstanding contributions to Saracens over a number of years.

“They’ve played a very significant role in the development of the group both on and off the field and naturally we’re thrilled they’ve committed their future to the club for another four years.”

Re: Vunipola’s sign until 2022!
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 17:21
Well that is brilliant news...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

dirtybertie (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 18:21
Love it

Sarakene (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 21:06
Totally brilliant news. Must be sending a chill down the spines of every other Prem and European club.

AP (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 21:44
I don't want to be a wet blanket and it's great that they have committed to us (and so won't move to another European club) but if after RWC 2019 they decide they want to go to Australia (as Billy has floated), then the contract means very little.

Subject to that, great news!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 23:47
Quote:
AP
I don't want to be a wet blanket and it's great that they have committed to us (and so won't move to another European club) but if after RWC 2019 they decide they want to go to Australia (as Billy has floated), then the contract means very little.
Subject to that, great news!

Well we'll extract at least something out of whatever club wanted to take them on.

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net