rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
WHERE THERE'S A WYLES THERE'S A WAY!

Latest: SARACENS 31 ; 25 SALE SHARKS
Next: Leicester Tigers v Saracens Sun 25th Nov, 15.00 Welford rd, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Discipline
Innings (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 22:15
I know all the stuff about it being the first game of the season, adapting to new interpretations, but far too many penalties today were totally unnecessary. High tackles, in particular, suggest poor preparation, given that everyone knows that they are penalty magnets. How will the squad adapt when the new, even lower level of wrap-around height comes into force, when they cannot even cope with the existing law? I think one or two of our players will be whistled out of the game unless they get some decent technique.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Re: Discipline
David@Sarries (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 11:57
This is my biggest concern too.

Far too many penalties conceded and lots of them for silly reasons.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 13:11
Jamie mentioned this during his interview.... Especially the"high tackle" and that it's up to the players to address it ..

If not we could face a lot of pens/cards this season..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

AlanE (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 14:14
I know we have a few who need to address this - it's not just us though. I thought if Nick Tompkins hadn't led with his arm that could have been a high tackle and yellow/red the other way.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Innings (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 11:20
IIRC, the new lower 'under the armpit' rule will be used in Europe this time. On Saturday's form, we'll be lucky to have as many as 13 players on the field for most of those games.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Barnesy (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 11:40
Quote:
Innings
IIRC, the new lower 'under the armpit' rule will be used in Europe this time. On Saturday's form, we'll be lucky to have as many as 13 players on the field for most of those games.

It's being used in the Championship Cup (Bedford etc.) not the Champions Cup

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net