rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
FORGIVING US OUR SINS!

Latest: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS 27 : 38 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby Sun 23rd Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby, Sun 23rd Sept BT Sport

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Duncan Taylor and Chippy injured.
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 20:09
30 mins into Storm game... not sure what it is though..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2018 19:26 by 1876-Fez.

Re: Duncan Taylor injured again!!
Barnesy (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 20:49
Just watching the recording 2 players fell in front of him and it looked like he hyperextended his knee.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 21:00
Ouch... hopefully not a bad one...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

nicsue (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 21:51
Fingers crossed it's not another concussion.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 09:34
Quote:
nicsue
Fingers crossed it's not another concussion.

It was clearly a leg injury. Poor bloke had to be helped so he could hobble of the pitch. But no hint of concussion.

The Bard (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 19:25
Just seen he’s done his acl, poor guy could be out for the whole season. Heartbreaking for him. To make things worse Chippy is out for 4 months with a posterior cruciate injury.
Really going to stretch us on the prop front

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 19:25
[www.saracens.com]

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: Duncan Taylor and Chippy injured.
Huxley (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 20:22
Horrible news for both, I hope Duncan can come back from his string of bad luck.

From a pragmatic point of view, with Vinnie away with South Africa, we’re looking paper thin at tight head. I heard a rumour we were already looking to get a loan 3 in before this, but seems imperative now.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 20:29
With Figallo injured and Koch flying out to SA what exactly is the position at TH? If it's playing HTS there then with all respect to him (he's a decent LH) Sarries are in trouble.

Gutted for Taylor.

Dolph42 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 20:55
Quote:
Huxley
From a pragmatic point of view, with Vinnie away with South Africa, we’re looking paper thin at tight head. I heard a rumour we were already looking to get a loan 3 in before this, but seems imperative now.

Where did you read Koch is with SA? He wasn’t in the official squad announcement, so was he added later?

Huxley (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 21:04
Quote:
Dolph42
Quote:
Huxley

Where did you read Koch is with SA? He wasn’t in the official squad announcement, so was he added later?

It was mentioned by Nick Mullins, during the game, on Sunday. Unless I totally misunderstood, which I hope I did!

Sully08 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 21:24
Think he was talking about the Autumn internationals for Koch to be with SA then. Either way we will need some cover into the squad asap.

PotNoodleHorn (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 22:35
Koch is flying to SA within 2 weeks to join up with the Boks.

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 08:31
Gutted for DT. He has been so unlucky.

Opportunity for Nick Tompkins to get some proper game time - he's never let us down when he's played and always punches well above his weight. He definitely deserves an extended go when Loz plays for England / plays at 10 when Owen plays for England.

VR1997 (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 08:45
Very bad news for two great guys.

Chippy was so thrilled to be back with the Argentian team.

Duncan has had so much bad luck and we all know how brilliant he was before these
injuries.

I would think Vincent Koch had his release to South Africa agreed prior to him signing his three year deal. Rassie Erasmus was keen for him to return to South Africa for the Championship, A.I's and World Cup. The good news for us is he's with us but at in the long term will be small cost.

JP Phelan played a very small part in the Storm team and i'm sure the club will be doubling the efforts for a injury replacement.

Huxley (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 09:49
An idea, with absolutely no substance, but I wonder what the chances of Petrus coming back for a few months are. probably slim with Irish trying to get back up, but wouldn't need to have to learn our systems.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 10:54
Quote:
Huxley
An idea, with absolutely no substance, but I wonder what the chances of Petrus coming back for a few months are. probably slim with Irish trying to get back up, but wouldn't need to have to learn our systems.

I had the same thought Huxley. Unfortunately from what I've seen and read of Petrus since he left, it seems that his decline has been as quick as his sudden rise from journeyman to maybe the best TH in the Premiership. Perhaps we should hope our environment can resurrect the old dog! We've been relatively light on depth and fortunate with injuries to our props over the last few seasons.

SBFez (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 11:18
Is there a chance Duncan is thinking about retiring? He's taken a right battering in terms of head knocks/injuries and aged 29 there's only so much longer he can go on for. Given he hasn't played that many games in total due to his time off but surely at some point it begins to affect life after rugby too?

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him back again- just thinking from a player welfare view

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2018 11:19 by SBFez.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 11:46
SBFez...if this was another concussion then that might have some mileage. But as this is an unrelated injury and purely just down to 'bad luck' I would think he'll make every effort to get back in asap. The silver lining is that the time off for the ACL will be an extended (extra) period to recuperate from the concussions. He has signed until the end of the 20-21 season so has every incentive to get back in the saddle.

As mentioned elsewhere this will be an opportunity for Nick T and possibly Tom Griffiths to take the bull by the horns this season, although Tom's repeated absence through injury is also a bit of a concern.

Huxley (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 12:22
Quote:
Sara'sman
Quote:
Huxley

I had the same thought Huxley. Unfortunately from what I've seen and read of Petrus since he left, it seems that his decline has been as quick as his sudden rise from journeyman to maybe the best TH in the Premiership. Perhaps we should hope our environment can resurrect the old dog! We've been relatively light on depth and fortunate with injuries to our props over the last few seasons.

That’s interesting, I wonder how much of that is down to the team, or that he’s winding down his career. It seems Mr Longbottom would have been more useful this season than last.

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 12:47
Quote:
VR1997
Very bad news for two great guys.
Chippy was so thrilled to be back with the Argentian team.

Duncan has had so much bad luck and we all know how brilliant he was before these
injuries.

I would think Vincent Koch had his release to South Africa agreed prior to him signing his three year deal. Rassie Erasmus was keen for him to return to South Africa for the Championship, A.I's and World Cup. The good news for us is he's with us but at in the long term will be small cost.

JP Phelan played a very small part in the Storm team and i'm sure the club will be doubling the efforts for a injury replacement.

Wasps have an agreement in place with WLR about what games he will be available for. I imagine Erasmus has done something similar with all the European based players that he's interested in, which is very pragmatic.

Also - and forgive m if this was posted before - but Brits is in the travelling squad to Australia and NZ. Absolutely fantastic for him.

Barnesy (IP Logged)
06 September, 2018 22:06
Quote:
Huxley
Quote:
Dolph42
Quote:
Huxley

It was mentioned by Nick Mullins, during the game, on Sunday. Unless I totally misunderstood, which I hope I did!

I think the agreement is for him to play the final 2 games in south Africa so we'll have him for 3 more games before he goes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net