rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
FORGIVING US OUR SINS!

Latest: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS 27 : 38 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby Sun 23rd Sep, 15.00 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Gloucester Rugby, Sun 23rd Sept BT Sport

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Game v Bears...
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 15:10
Well, watching game on stream.... 20 mins in, not a great start... all a bit sloppy...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 15:11 by 1876-Fez.

Re: Game v Bears...
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 15:19
Discipline discipline discipline.....same as last week..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Sarriebone (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 15:34
Very sloppy so far, discipline a problem again.

Adey (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 15:34
I love it when teams come and have a good go at it. Always more entertaining. I’m quietly confident our fitness will shine through but fair play to Bristol. We’ve seen before teams that just turn up knowing the inevitable.

David@Sarries (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 15:47
I have confidence that they will fix this in the half-time team talk.

They can’t play this badly again.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 16:43
Win in the end ... I think Bristol gave us a harder time than the scoreline reflects.
The Red for George was a big turning point IMHO
We need to up the discipline and cut down the sloppy errors...
But a win is a win and onwards we go..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 16:44 by 1876-Fez.

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 17:22
Hats off to Bristol. On early evidence an interesting and happy season awaits. Can't wait for the return fixture at (Chris) Ashton Gate - there'll be a decent attendance there I expect.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 18:17
No doubt MMcC will be happy with the result. I expect behind closed doors he'll be less so with the manner of it though. For about 40 minutes Briz were the better team out there this afternoon, aided and abetted by some poor play from us. Discipline was yet again a problem and as mentioned some very sloppy play; lack of accuracy being the common theme. I'd like to put it down to early season rustiness and in truth I think that's the case and yet we score 6 tries, a bonus point win and climb to 2nd(?) in the table. I'm more than happy with that.

Full respect to Briz. Anyone tempted into thinking they are this year's premiership whipping boys are in for a swift education.

The Bard (IP Logged)
08 September, 2018 21:02
They certainly dominated the breakdown until the sending off and Luatua being removed. We simply did not get in to support the ball carrier quickly and positively enough. Really should have had 3-4 tries by halftime.
Mako and Maro excellent today, Matt G rather flattered to get MOM by a solid showing nevertheless.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 13:48
Interesting game and a good test of the team. Would have been fascinating to see how it would have ended 15 v 15.

Some observations. Farrell was targetted all game and frequently hit late if only marginally. I thought he took it well and neither sat deeper or reacted (like he sometimes has) that said I am not fan of the Sexton-esque "make a mistake, shout at some else" behaviour that we saw a bit of. Also thought a player as experienced as him would have taken the times for the kick just before half-time. He asked how much time was told 50 seconds and kicked it almost straight away. He takes 30 of those seconds and there's no restart. All that said he had some great touches including a great miss pass and the cross-field kick.

Rhodes had a great game. Possibly two try-saving interventions. Hunting down a back after a break by Bristol and a turnover I think near Sarries line. Lewington very good going forwards but out of position (to the notable frustration of Goode) too often in defence. I thought Vailanu was great. Don't agree that he runs away from his support more that every carry of his is beyond the gain line and Sarries were slow to follow in. Spencer looking more and more the starter. Great quick accurate service. Mako was my MotM absolutely huge shift. Was great to see Billy back.

Overall it felt a bit like last season where some of the attacking play was just on the borders of clicking and being something a bit special.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 19:54
Interesting observations again SS, especially re Faz. Where I disagree with you is wrt Vailanu; I think too many on here were blown away by his first 30 seconds in black last season and missed his error count. I agree with those who feel he runs away from support too readily, not entirely his fault but he could help by buying time once halted - resisting hitting the deck/rolling/longer body position when presenting the ball.

What a privilege to watch Smith at the breakdown. He and Lam/Luatua were incredibly quick to sniff then execute a turnover opportunity, often as a pair it seemed, Their speed hid their occasional illegality (beyond ball/off feet) as they were so often first to arrive. Hopefully a lesson we can learn from.

AP (IP Logged)
09 September, 2018 20:50
Quote:
Sara'sman
What a privilege to watch Smith at the breakdown. He and Lam/Luatua were incredibly quick to sniff then execute a turnover opportunity, often as a pair it seemed, Their speed hid their occasional illegality (beyond ball/off feet) as they were so often first to arrive. Hopefully a lesson we can learn from.

Yes, it was really obvious in last week's game against Bath when Bristol kept getting possession from nowhere. The last time I saw anything quite like that was when we played Munster at Thomond Park, and before that - any game with Neil Back playing. (What's he doing now - did he stay in coaching?)

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 08:58
Quote:
Sara'sman
Vailanu; I think too many on here were blown away by his first 30 seconds in black last season

It was quite a 30 seconds though!!

Thought we were sloppy and made a meal of it, but we were always going to because that is what we do against teams we should beat in the first half of the season.

Thought Bristol bossed the breakdown and showed they have enough to comfortably stay up. Worcester are on notice.

somexile (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 08:32
George Smith's hearing

No case to answer

No suspension

Thanks to sarries player involved who spoke up for George

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net