rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
SARRIES ARE REMAINERS!

Latest: CARDIFF BLUES 14:26 SARACENS
Next: Exeter Chiefs v Saracens Sat 22nd Dec, 15.00 Sandy Park, EPCR,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Exeter Chiefs v Saracens, Sat 22nd Dec 14.30 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
DISCOUNTED TICKETS
BigBri (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 15:52
Only into second home game and discounted tickets in E4 already. Not sure if it's because we are sat there but still 64 tickets out of 128 available for Sunday and 69 for Bath match. Guessing no-one wants to pay £69.00 and £72.00 to sit with us. Club have now discounted as two tickets for £103.50.

Will be waiting for my refund in vain methinks! Where is the huge demand then as the price rises have provided the supply?

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2018 15:53 by BigBri.

Re: DISCOUNTED TICKETS
Paulr58 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 16:02
So much for their reason of putting the prices up due to high demand. What is the point of loyal fans buying season tickets!!!! And your right we have zero chance of getting a 20% refund on our tickets.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 16:08
Hi Bri
What does your season ticket average out at per game?
Two tickets for £103-50 works out just a little more per ticket than I’m now paying in E1!!!
Bad form from club if thats the case!

European champions 2016 & 2017

17 September, 2018 16:25
Just checked email.....they are offering 2 tickets package to Glaws & Bath gold seats,cheaper than my silver ST works out!!!......gotta love PR men at this club!!

BigBri (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 16:27
Annual ticket is now £1030 but will only attend premiership and European matches this season.

[images.google.co.uk]

BigBri (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 16:33
Regardless of their misreading of the demand for tickets at the current price (although most of us could have told them if asked ) any cash they can get for these seats is better than none.

I will however make my feelings known to club in due course along with how they have ravaged the atmosphere in our block for non-existent demand.

They have got my money but have driven a massive wedge between my feelings for team and the current people running the club.

[images.google.co.uk]

17 September, 2018 16:41
Agree .......Bri
If we are going to let daytrippers come to games & pay less in a ‘gold’ seat for the day than a long standing STH pays for a silver then this may well be my last season too.....I think that is morally wrong!

BigBri (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 16:44
Also with big gaps we had visitors from the standing area for second half of Bristol match. And no doubt every match.

[images.google.co.uk]

Garp285 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 16:48
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Just checked email.....they are offering 2 tickets package to Glaws & Bath gold seats,cheaper than my silver ST works out!!!......gotta love PR men at this club!!
Where are you getting your figures from? My silver ST works out at £31.25 including £50 dd rip off! Offer on the email is two silver for £78.40 = £39.20 each by my reckoning. Which by my rough calculations works out at about the email advertised 20% discount off the full price of about £49 for a silver ticket. The ticketing for this season has been, in large parts, a right screw up but even our lot aren't stupid enough to double the error. Or is it just my maths???

17 September, 2018 17:21
Sorry you are right!!!
Works out £2 more for Gold ticket over silver ST

Waldo (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 17:29
Thank you sarries for sending me an email saying I can buy 2 gold tickets for less than my per game gold season ticket price. Twist the knife a bit further. So if that is the perceived value of Bath and Gloucester what is the value of the lesser games? What is the point of having a season ticket? - I may as well buy game by game - I'm sure there will be discounts on other games.

Paulr58 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 17:37
Its just been a total cock by part of the club. If this discounting continues I for one and many others will not be renewing their season tickets next year and buying game by game tickets . WHEN WILL THEY ADMIT THEY GOT IT SERIOUSLY WRONG AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Garp285 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 17:40
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Sorry you are right!!!
Works out £2 more for Gold ticket over silver ST
2 golds on this offer are £88, so £16 more per ticket than silver ST. Don't get me wrong, I'm not backing the club on this one, they've dropped the ball big style on ticket pricing but there is enough to beat them up on. If I am misreading the pricing, then apologies but can someone correct my error?

BigBri (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 17:44
Quote:
Waldo
Thank you sarries for sending me an email saying I can buy 2 gold tickets for less than my per game gold season ticket price. Twist the knife a bit further. So if that is the perceived value of Bath and Gloucester what is the value of the lesser games? What is the point of having a season ticket? - I may as well buy game by game - I'm sure there will be discounts on other games.

Well if I had followed my original plan to stand I would have had plenty of seats to claim squatting rights over as they haven’t sold a lot of season tickets in my block

[images.google.co.uk]

london pride (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 18:15
Is this club going out of their way to really annoy and cheese off a section of their supporter base, because it seems to me that is exactly what they are doing.All of this and we still hav'nt received an apology.Somebody needs to be hauled over the coals for this whole episode.

Adey (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 18:16
Quote:
BigBri
Regardless of their misreading of the demand for tickets at the current price (although most of us could have told them if asked ) any cash they can get for these seats is better than none.
I will however make my feelings known to club in due course along with how they have ravaged the atmosphere in our block for non-existent demand.

They have got my money but have driven a massive wedge between my feelings for team and the current people running the club.

You said all this when the prices went up. But you still paid. You’ll probably say it again next season. And still pay.

Don’t get me wrong, they’ve clearly made a mess of the whole ticketing situation but your feelings don’t pay people’s wages. What’s in your wallet does. Take that away and they might start paying attention.

london pride (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 18:24
You said all this when the prices went up. But you still paid. You’ll probably say it again next season. And still pay.

Don’t get me wrong, they’ve clearly made a mess of the whole ticketing situation but your feelings don’t pay people’s wages. What’s in your wallet does. Take that away and they might start paying attention.[/quote]

You are quite right Adey,but there comes a time when the supporter will say enough is enough (some already have done and I'm sure the way this is going,some more will do)The club will suffer in the long run,
I wonder how many have been affected by the price hike and now read this and will stay away from the bar, supporters shop and other Saracens revenue making outlets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2018 18:25 by london pride.

BigBri (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 18:54
Quote:
Adey
Quote:
BigBri

Don’t get me wrong, they’ve clearly made a mess of the whole ticketing situation but your feelings don’t pay people’s wages. What’s in your wallet does. Take that away and they might start paying attention.

Yes I did and it took a long chat with my other half to decide whether I was going to call it a day. I persevered but I don’t think I have got over it and this will be my last season for many reasons and this is just one more to add to the list.

[images.google.co.uk]

BigBri (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 20:54
The plot thickens as on rechecking platinum plus and platinum seats are no longer in offer. Thought they may have sold out with the generous offer but seats still all available in E4. Was it a cock up or have they seen this thread?

[images.google.co.uk]

18 September, 2018 06:10
Not sure Bri ....but prices on email changed!

Adey (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 07:01
“I persevered but I don’t think I have got over it...”

Are you being serious? It’s a season ticket for rugby.

BigBri (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 07:21
Yes I am and happy to discuss with you on Sunday at bar Adey to explain rather than on this forum. See you there as it is easier to explain face to face. Think I might know you anyway.

[images.google.co.uk]

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 09:05
I am fed up with this...

They push up our S/T's then discount the now empty seat tickets to below what I have paid.

It begs the question that if they have empty non revenue earning seats they could have phased the increase over two years and kept all the seats full!

Stupidity.

BigBri (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 11:23
Quote:
Wayoutwest
I am fed up with this...
They push up our S/T's then discount the now empty seat tickets to below what I have paid.

It begs the question that if they have empty non revenue earning seats they could have phased the increase over two years and kept all the seats full!

Stupidity.

Agreed and perhaps we wouldn't have lost a number of long standing fans in one fell swoop.

[images.google.co.uk]

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 12:10
Quote:
BigBri
Quote:
Waldo

Well if I had followed my original plan to stand I would have had plenty of seats to claim squatting rights over as they haven’t sold a lot of season tickets in my block

Bri, you'd only be allowed to stand where there's no-one behind you!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Adey (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 18:55
Quote:
BigBri
Yes I am and happy to discuss with you on Sunday at bar Adey to explain rather than on this forum. See you there as it is easier to explain face to face. Think I might know you anyway.

I’ll be buying then, as you’re boycotting extras at the ground aren’t you?

Why don’t you just cancel your season ticket and cherry pick the games you want to go to?

If they’ve got offers on like the one in the email it works out cheaper.

If they haven’t then get a standing ticket which is cheaper and just sit in the empty seats 5 minutes after kick off.

You clearly know everyone in the ground so any number of season ticket holders could get you the advance tickets for knock out games, which in all honesty is one of the only benefits.

DoubleChampions (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 19:03
Gents (Adey / Big Bri) - enough with the private conversation please.

BigBri (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 20:13
Quote:
DoubleChampions
Gents (Adey / Big Bri) - enough with the private conversation please.

Agreed will save it for Sunday

[images.google.co.uk]

Rupes (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 21:13
Sorry, but isn't pricing the domain of Lucy Wray's company? I know I'm like a broken record, but they continue to not impress me massively. I wonder what Nigel suggests to the CEO to do with them on a supplier/client basis?

Adey (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 21:16
They’re pretty valid points I’ve raised though.

Most bemoan the LDH and Derby day at a football stadium so might avoid.

Very few bother with whatever incarnation of the Anglo welsh/ LV Cup/ Premiership Cup is going on.

Then there’s always a family member who’s inconsiderate enough to have a wedding or birthday on a match day.

Missing 5/6 games out of the season makes the price of your ticket even less value when they’re offering deals for walk ins.

Rupes (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 21:20
If you two are meeting, are tickets being sold? If so, how much are the platinum seats for the best views of the meeting? (Sm42)

london pride (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 16:37
Quote:
Rupes
If you two are meeting, are tickets being sold? If so, how much are the platinum seats for the best views of the meeting? (Sm42)

£10 or a special offer to season ticket holders £25

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 17:33
Quote:
Rupes
Sorry, but isn't pricing the domain of Lucy Wray's company? I know I'm like a broken record, but they continue to not impress me massively. I wonder what Nigel suggests to the CEO to do with them on a supplier/client basis?

Rupes is right and does anybody think all such 'initiatives' aren't approved by Mr Wray and yet it is that other that may not be spoken of, Nigel approved these price rises.
Nobody has really criticised him and yet it was quite undoubtedly his decision.

BigBri (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 18:07
Quote:
Adey
They’re pretty valid points I’ve raised though.
Most bemoan the LDH and Derby day at a football stadium so might avoid.

Very few bother with whatever incarnation of the Anglo welsh/ LV Cup/ Premiership Cup is going on.

Then there’s always a family member who’s inconsiderate enough to have a wedding or birthday on a match day.

Missing 5/6 games out of the season makes the price of your ticket even less value when they’re offering deals for walk ins.

Unfortunately there is no cancelling the season ticket after purchasing even on direct debit version. They have the small print about coming after the debt although if I see consistent discounting all season I may withhold a payment or two at the end.

[images.google.co.uk]

Rupes (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 08:36
I'm not sure if anyone from the club commercial team reads this board or thread, but if they do then please get in touch via PM.

As much as I've been critical, I'd also happily do some work with the company concerned (and I've worked with Two Circles before), try and see if it's not too late to try and at least minimise the mess and not continually hack people off. I've got a background in sports marketing, the offer's on the table if they wanted to get in touch.

primavesi (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 09:38
Unfortunately the club´s interest in the views of its fans ended with Edward G.

Not saying he would not have raised prices, but it would have been handled a hell of a lot better than it has been and based on a lot more market research.

JO'G (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 11:32
Platinum seats nearly sold out for Glaws (around 20 to go); but around 1/2 left for the Bath match

darktagnan (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 21:43
and for anyone who may be interested - attendance vs Glos was still down on the Bris game - 8591

DoubleChampions (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 00:00
[quote darktagnan]and for anyone who may be interested - attendance vs Glos was still down on the Bris game - 8591[quote]

Am I going mad or did they not announce that today? We were discussing it after and no one could recall hearing the attendance?

If it was not mentioned - first time I can remember .......

darktagnan (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 06:44
I'm absolutely sure it wasn't announced at the game. I got it from the Gallagher Prem website

24 September, 2018 08:55
Wasn’t announced or put up on big screen.......probably forgot or were distracted by Eric Idle singing! smiling smiley

Waldo (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 08:56
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Wasn’t announced or put up on big screen.......probably forgot or were distracted by Eric Idle singing! smiling smiley

Yes - was that aimed at us or Gloucester ?

Barty II (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 09:07
Quote:
Waldo
Quote:
Highbury Saracen

Yes - was that aimed at us or Gloucester ?

That was Alex Lozowski's chosen "Try Tune"

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 10:49
Loads of empty seats in E2 again this week....

Still not buying beer or merchandise to make up for the rise in the ticket price.

24 September, 2018 11:07
Does seem quiet in a lot of the bars

whyisitnevereasy (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 11:23
At the company where i work Saracens are offering tickets Buy 1 get 1 half price for the Bath game in gold and silver sections.

The ship may now enter harbour negative oilskins

boomer! (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 11:39
Quote:
BigBri
Only into second home game and discounted tickets in E4 already. Not sure if it's because we are sat there but still 64 tickets out of 128 available for Sunday and 69 for Bath match. Guessing no-one wants to pay £69.00 and £72.00 to sit with us. Club have now discounted as two tickets for £103.50.
Will be waiting for my refund in vain methinks! Where is the huge demand then as the price rises have provided the supply?

I'm gutted!

I paid £110.50 for 2 tickets in that godawful shed they call the West Stand.

On a good day I am 13st 12lbs and 5'11" so can hardly be called a 'fatboy' but it is so cramped there that my knees were digging into the back of the person in front and I was so crushed from both sides that the family jewels are now wafer thin!

Lesson to be learnt.....

1) Never go into West Stand again.

2) Don't by face value tickets in future, just wait until Saracens offer discounted tickets.

boomer! (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 11:42
Quote:
whyisitnevereasy
At the company where i work Saracens are offering tickets Buy 1 get 1 half price for the Bath game in gold and silver sections.

Merde!

BigBri (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 12:00
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
BigBri

I'm gutted!

I paid £110.50 for 2 tickets in that godawful shed they call the West Stand.

On a good day I am 13st 12lbs and 5'11" so can hardly be called a 'fatboy' but it is so cramped there that my knees were digging into the back of the person in front and I was so crushed from both sides that the family jewels are now wafer thin!

Lesson to be learnt.....

1) Never go into West Stand again.

2) Don't by face value tickets in future, just wait until Saracens offer discounted tickets.

I have heard it is very cramped in there. I have only sat in it to watch Captains run

[images.google.co.uk]

Saraken (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 07:08
More discounted tickets in packages.
Festive Fixtures Package
The European Package
3 competition Package.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net