rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Sup for Glaws
GazzaFez (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:09
Saracens team to face Gloucester at Allianz Park on Sunday 23rd September (15H00 KO):
FORWARDS: Mako Vunipola (147), Jamie George (199), Vincent Koch (42), George Kruis (160), Will Skelton (28), Maro Itoje (97), Mike Rhodes (72), Ben Earl (18).

BACKS: Liam Williams (18), David Strettle (140), Nick Tompkins (72), Brad Barritt (226), Sean Maitland (44), Owen Farrell (176), Richard Wigglesworth (213).

REPLACEMENTS: Christopher Tolofua (20), Richard Barrington (139), Titi Lamositele (54), Nick Isiewke (38), Schalk Burger (51), Ben Spencer (134), Alex Lozowski (63), Alex Goode (264).

Re: Sup for Glaws
JO'G (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:12
not too shabby

given the power of the Glaws pack and the rubbish forcast; glad to see the club going for the biggest possible pack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2018 12:19 by JO'G .

Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:13
That bench.... Is just incredible, what a fabulous line up, looking forward to this one! Come on you Sarries

AlanE (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:15
Thatís a relief. Just got the text from the club and it only has us playing 14 men (no ref to Itoje)

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

McSaracens (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:22
Where is Billy!?

ďI believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.Ē - Nils Mordt

The Bard (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:22
No Billy or Jacko?

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:23
Assume Jacko is still struggling with his head knock v Bristol.

Hope Billy just being phased in slowly...

21 September, 2018 12:24
Nothing on the fish but maybe JW not recovered from his HIA yet.

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:25
No messing about with that team! Wow....

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:26
Perhaps the coaches have taken this opportunity to try out Ben at no. 8 and give others a break. We do seem to be switching it around a bit more already this year.
Billy has the England camp coming up why overdo it with him if we don't need to.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 12:28
Goode on the bench makes sense as both Maitland and Williams need game time.

Puzzled about Billy though as he needs game time as well.

A monster starting pack even without Billy and an awesome bench yet again.

highland sarrie (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 13:05
according to premiership rugby media release -

"Billy Vunipola was unavailable for selection due to a prearranged medical procedure carried out this week. Ben Earl takes his place in the back row."

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 13:56
So missing Jackson Wray,Juan Figallo,Calum Clarke,Dom Day,Billy V,Vailanu,íCello,Duncan Taylor,Alex Lewington!!!
Sure Iíve forgotten a couple but a good side if a tad lopsided back row smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

ultrasarrie (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 14:33
wWy is Loz being benched again ?? Appreciate the need for Tompkins to get game time, which he deserves but this really does surprise me.

Loz needs to start for us if he has any chance to replace slade as the England 13. Its not like Loz has played poorly, and he's clearly not injured because he's on the bench, so I was wandering whether he has had a falling out ??

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 14:53
ultrasarrie tbf its no concern of the clubs what Englands solutions at 13 are. I wouldn't jump to there being a falling out maybe just part of their rotation or even tactical plan.

Quote:
AlanE
Just got the text from the club and it only has us playing 14 men

Given the previous weeks that's close to a racing certainty!

Vailanu injured? If not then I am disappointed not to see him. Like the look of the team generally and encouraged to see both Tompkins and Earl (not so much at 8) being given game time. A game that is forecast to be rainy seems an odd call for Williams starting and Goode on the bench but in the coaches we trust. Lets hope Maitland has one of his better games.

JO'G (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 15:33
Quote:
ultrasarrie
wWy is Loz being benched again ?? Appreciate the need for Tompkins to get game time, which he deserves but this really does surprise me.
Loz needs to start for us if he has any chance to replace slade as the England 13. Its not like Loz has played poorly, and he's clearly not injured because he's on the bench, so I was wandering whether he has had a falling out ??

maybe that's McCalls masterplan - get Slade picked for England and Loz gets returned for us

#wolfpack (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 15:53
NT was excellent last week. He deserves his go, and Loz is first choice 13 and will have plenty of game time this year. All part of the rotation.

vap (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 19:19
Maybe Billy's pre arranged medical procedure will keep him out of butcher Eddie's kamakazee 2 day injury gathering squad session next week. In which case I'm much happier about seeing him miss Sundays game.

dirtybertie (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 19:54
Saw Jacko at sponsors lunch today he has a slight groin strain. Billy had a minor op and Lewington is playing Monday Night for the storm away at Bristol

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 20:26
Tks for the updates dirtybertie. Any news on Vailanu? injured? playing for Storm? etc

dirtybertie (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 20:51
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Tks for the updates dirtybertie. Any news on Vailanu? injured? playing for Storm? etc

He trained with what I presumed was the storm side and was smiling away.

The only other concern was Nick T had his arm completely bandaged up and trained on the wing with Maitland in the centres.

Big Billy was there and trained on his own way from the lads doing circuit training.

Had a long chat with Chello and he was confident of being back in the next month

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 21:23
Tks again.

No counting of clucking birds but a TBP win tomorrow would put Sarries on top.

Hard to judge Chiefs against Falcons. Sarries lost both wings in the first half, Barritt for an HIA and played with 14 then 13 men and secured a better result. Encouraging or just to many variables for a comparison?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net