rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Falcons v Chiefs
Innings (IP Logged)
21 September, 2018 22:55
Chiefs seemed to be rattled when the Falcons defence cut down the Chief's decision-taking time and options. I do think that Chiefs deserved the win, but they will need to do a great deal better against the top European sides, and perhaps against some of the better GP sides if they want to challenge on two fronts this season.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Re: Falcons v Chiefs
TonyTaff (IP Logged)
22 September, 2018 05:18
They also missed out on a bonus point. We could be top on Sunday night.

One chicken, two chickens...

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
22 September, 2018 14:44
And we're called boring! 3 tries from a total of 11m for Chiefs. I thought Hammersley cut through Ex's backs with ease but Falcons, with three excellent flankers throughout, couldn't prevent the juggernaut.

I hope referees will look more carefully at attackers in mauls. Defenders are rightly penalised for joining at the side or "swimming" round the edges but attackers seem immune. If they continue favouring the attackers we'll see more and more sides perfecting the illegality. As an example away from Chiefs, watch Hartley's try last week. Reinach "swims" round the (far) side and pulls two defenders away from doing their job.

Chiefs (esp. Armand's) unpunished lineout maul offences (apart from the hookers' dummy pumps) that I picked up live:
16:45 #6 blocking ahead of the ball
44:50 ditto, though marginal
63:40 #12 joins from side + swims (marginal)
77:50 #6 changes bind but stays pulling maul forwards
78:30 #6 joins from side and pulls maul (marginal) then re-joins from Falcons' side (not marginal)

I suspect all sides, including us, transgress to a similar degree. Whilst good as an option I find it boring as the option.

Sarriebone (IP Logged)
22 September, 2018 17:05
Agree on the dummy pumps, every throw took three attempts, was the same last year as well, don't understand why it's not penalised.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net