rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

NEW MATCH AND SEASON HUB
BathSalmon (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 05:25
Hi all,

A while ago I put up a dashboard for the History of the English premiership.

Last night I have made live a new set of dashboards that allows the user to investigate individual matches, player performance for the season to date and comparisons on team performance.

All rounds 1-4 have been included and the intention is to continue doing this each week, to see how the season pans out.

While it's not everones cup of tea (stats and data visualisation), but check it out, you might find something interesting in it.

All charts should be interactive, select and they will highlight/filter the other charts to highlight individual players or teams.

Don't be put off by a 15-20 load time, once in, they work reasonably quickly!

Link: [public.tableau.com]

I should point out there are tabs at the top of the screen to move between dashboards. They are not immediately obvious.

Cheers

Salmon

Adopted Player 18-19: Anthony Perenise
Adopted Player 17-18 & 16-17: Dave Attwood
Adopted Player 15-16: Matt Garvey

Re: NEW MATCH AND SEASON HUB
JO'G (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 14:10
very interesting - thanks

BathSalmon (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 14:48
Thanks!

I'm not looking forward to updating it after this weekend!!

F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 15:48
Erm, Bath Salmon this is fantastic. Have you thought about getting on the dog to BT Sport. I can see Austin Healey & Co going bonkers over this - actually it's probably more Greenwood's cup of tea but I hate Sky!

Nice work though.

Good luck on Saturday (up to a point!)

BathSalmon (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 16:33
Quote:
F-F-F-FEZ
Erm, Bath Salmon this is fantastic. Have you thought about getting on the dog to BT Sport. I can see Austin Healey & Co going bonkers over this - actually it's probably more Greenwood's cup of tea but I hate Sky!
Nice work though.

Good luck on Saturday (up to a point!)

Haha. Thanks! I'm sure they've seen better, with all the performance analysts in rugby around!

Thanks for the feedback!

BathSalmon (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 12:17
Just a quick one to say this Match and Season Hub has now been updated with Round 5 data.

Don't worry I won't notify every week and keep bugging you all! Just take it that I'll update it on Monday /Tuesday each week.

Thanks for listening! (2,500 views and counting!)

Salmon

Adopted Player 18-19: Anthony Perenise
Adopted Player 17-18 & 16-17: Dave Attwood
Adopted Player 15-16: Matt Garvey

BathSalmon (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:13
Updated for Round 6.

You and Exeter really are so strong at the end of games! Not sure if this is fitness, concentration or impact from the bench? Need to chart the time points are score by time, see if there is a pattern.

Goodluck in Europe!

Waldo (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 17:32
Thank you- most interesting - nice piece of work

BathSalmon (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 19:45
Thanks! I still hope to add more to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net