rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR

Latest: GLASGOW WARRIORS 3:13 SARACENS
Next: Saracens v Lyon Sat 20th Oct, 17.30 Allianz,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Saracens v Lyon, Sat 20th Oct 17.15 BT Sport 2

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA

Brad Barritt
BACK TO BLACK (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 21:13
I read in tonight's Evening Stranded with a niggling sense of alarm that BB has been patched up in time for the away leg vs Warriors (how apt). I know the club is fantastic with player welfare but 2 weeks feels awfully quick.

Stay well Capt Fantastic!

Re: Brad Barritt
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 21:44
He really really doesnt like missing games!
Such an important player for us

European champions 2016 & 2017

one fine day (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 00:20
I'm afraid it underlines how we desperately need a big unit to substitute for Brad

RobB (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 08:24
Quote:
one fine day
I'm afraid it underlines how we desperately need a big unit to substitute for Brad

Do we though? If we take another big 12 and play him in a similar role to Brad does this work. Would a Jamie Roberts type of player suit us going forward?

Would we not be better off by getting a great 12 and adapting to play around him. Either if this means our second play maker moves from 13 / 15 where it is at the moments and goes to 12 - would this effect us too much? Or would our game evolve by having great play makers from 10 - 13 with the addition of Alex. Imagine the number of combinations this would give with everyone having the ability for great distribution with killer wings / full back to finish the plays off.

Maybe the days of big 12's are gone.

Sara'sman (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 08:55
What we lack without "a Brad" is a back to rely on and to inspire others by making those tough tackles consistently and someone to tidy up poor ball; carry, buy time, recycle. Think Wasps. For all their wonderful play, their defence is porous and they're one dimensional on the back foot. Durable, reasonably big, quick and skilful 12s will never go out of fashion, but their shortage causes problems to many sides.

As others have already said, don't rush it Brad. We'll miss you, but your long term health is more important to you and the team.

Once again Brad and Monty P springs to mind "'tis only a flesh wound". But this is real life.

Roger G (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 09:01
IMHO Nick T is a pretty good option. Maybe he's not the defensive organiser, but for a smaller guy he's amazingly tough in defence and much more slipery than Brad going forward.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 12:55
Quote:
Roger G
IMHO Nick T is a pretty good option. Maybe he's not the defensive organiser, but for a smaller guy he's amazingly tough in defence and much more slipery than Brad going forward.

Agree with this 100%. Tompkins has played really well every chance he's been given IMO and whilst a slightly bigger inside centre (Griffiths? if the poor chap can stay uninjured) might be ideal I feel Tompkins lack nothing in courage and like you I think he's physical for his size. He and Lozo together have looked a very good combination.

Ultimately I think Barritt is irreplaceable but ultimately the club has to find someone to take over. I'm not a doctor but even so feel that maybe the club could have afforded to give Barritt some additional time off. Makes me think of Billys comments earlier in the year when he basically said he knew he wasn't fit and he was slightly fudging things with the doctors because he was so desperate to play/contribute. Hope its not a similar thing for Barritt as important as he is he has nothing to prove to the club or supporters about his commitment.

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 13:29
If he plays 2 euro games he gets a rest then

European champions 2016 & 2017

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net