rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Cashless Allianz Park..
1876-Fez (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 10:53
[www.saracens.com]

Some cashless bars as of 27th

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: Cashless Allianz Park..
PhillFez (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 11:11
As far as I'm concerned it's been cashless since the seat hike - but not in the way they mean 😉
Why did they scrap the wrist-based contactless card, that was useful in many places.

Duncan96 (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 12:39
I guess because the whole world has gone cashless with credit cards so why bother with wristbands? BTW I saw a busker at Kings Cross with a credit card reader. The world really is cashless!

Barty II (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 13:24
Hopefully this is the end of my half an hour wait for a beer behind someone's granddad trying to write a cheque for his ale (Sm100)

Waldo (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 13:32
Quote:
PhillFez
As far as I'm concerned it's been cashless since the seat hike - but not in the way they mean 😉
Why did they scrap the wrist-based contactless card, that was useful in many places.

Why did they also scrap the machines where you could order your beer and take the barcode to the bar to get served quicker?

Many things are a mystery @ AzP these days !

PhillFez (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 14:51
Bring back VR then Waldo? (Sm141)

Rupes (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 14:52
I'm sure that me relating this tale will have me struck down from above, but it comes to something when Saracens are playing catch-up with the Catholic Church.

For those unaware, you are now able to pay your 5 for a Holy Candle by contactless! It's in Notre Dame, so limited release so far, but it's a great set-up. NDame is packed, always, so those crafty Priests have put the contactless box next to one of the busiest walkways in the Cathedral! Hence if you just graze past it and don't hear the beep, you could have donated without realising it.

Now I'm sure that's not the case and it's all above board but it did make me smile. (Sm115)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2018 14:53 by Rupes.

PhillFez (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 14:57
God works in mysterious ways ...

Maroon Tyke (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 15:58
Quote:
Barty II
Hopefully this is the end of my half an hour wait for a beer behind someone's granddad trying to write a cheque for his ale (Sm100)

As "someone's grandad", I don't mind "cashless" just as long as it's not "contactless" - I wouldn't touch these cards with a a bargepole!

Barty II (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 16:37
Quote:
Maroon Tyke
Quote:
Barty II

As "someone's grandad", I don't mind "cashless" just as long as it's not "contactless" - I wouldn't touch these cards with a a bargepole!

I'd imagine using contactless cards is exactly what they mean

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 16:49
Drinking beer & paying by contactless is dangerous!
I get a receipt for every transaction so I can keep track of intake smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

AP (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 01:43
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
I get a receipt for every transaction so I can keep track of intake smiling smiley

That must really improve your hangover!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

AlanE (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 06:15
Quote:
Highbury Saracen

At the risk of being in front of Barty II and delaying him ;-) you should be able to get a receipt for a contactless payment. You might have to ask, and possibly need to explain to the teenager serving you what 'Can I have a receipt, please?' means.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 06:53
Quote:
AlanE
Quote:
Highbury Saracen

At the risk of being in front of Barty II and delaying him ;-) you should be able to get a receipt for a contactless payment. You might have to ask, and possibly need to explain to the teenager serving you what 'Can I have a receipt, please?' means.

I ALWAYS get a receipt when using contactless ... better security!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Barty II (IP Logged)
18 October, 2018 06:54
Quote:
AlanE
Quote:
Highbury Saracen

Should all know better than to stand between me and my pre-match pint ;-)

BigBri (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 11:54
Has kind of killed our beer whip. Talking about the product on offer hasn't it gone downhill over the last season or so?

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

19 October, 2018 14:00
Yes BB
Taking everything away but charging more!
More going on outside now,tend to swerve olympic bar & loiter between Franks bar & Wolfpack bus if weather is good
Personally I think a balance of cash/card payment is better

AP (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 21:28
If I go cashless, it's because I've forgotten my wallet ...

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

BigBri (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 07:39
Apparently the cashless bar is the first step to virtual pint!

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

paulglynn (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 09:48
i think it is about time that the club uses oyster card type cards in that you top up your season ticket and you can use that that why you can still cap the amount you spend

mrangry (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 13:23
WolfPack bus still accepts cash, but did anyone else notice the new queueing system? I think it worked a treat and hope it is on all the time, reduced the waiting time 20 mins before K.O. from 15 to 6 mins. cashless seems to work well there too, so good on you all.

22 October, 2018 17:32
Interesting mrangry that queues at wolfpack bar worked better saturday...we came from olympic bar took one look at a big single file queue & kept walking back to shuttle bus!

Armchair Saracen (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 13:47
because, despite being quite a good offering, i'm told no one actually used it.

boomer! (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 14:30
Quote:
Barty II

IIRC banks have withdrawn the issuance of cheque guarantee cards so I am guessing this event didn't happen or happened a few years ago?

Barty II (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 15:16
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
Barty II

IIRC banks have withdrawn the issuance of cheque guarantee cards so I am guessing this event didn't happen or happened a few years ago?

...i was being facetious I'm afraid

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net