rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Centre of excellence
TonyTaff (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 16:18
We have lost Duncan Taylor for the season, Lol fot two weeks and then to Yoda.

Tasman lost their semi-final this morning; David Havili is not in the AB squad for the AIs. We should sign him for 6 weeks. He scored a try that would be beyond our captain,, though I would play him at 13.

His experience would be of great value to our younger backs such as Tompkins and Gallagher, and he could still have a full pre-season before the Super Rugby starts.

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Re: Centre of excellence
SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 17:15
Why bring in a foreign player when we could be using the time to actually play guys like Tompkins and Gallagher rather than letting then learn off someone who will deny them gametime? Long-term development over short-term gain.

one fine day (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 09:05
carnt help but feel that yesterday (lyon) a Tuilagi type unit was definitely missing.

Waldo (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 09:14
Sione Vailanu will bring us that when he is back - accept I have no idea when that will be !

Was his injury a broken arm too ?

Rubz (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 10:16
Quote:
Waldo
Sione Vailanu will bring us that when he is back - accept I have no idea when that will be !
Was his injury a broken arm too ?

Not sure he's injured? Been playing for the Storm. Just not up to the level of our current back row. Expect to see him in the PRC (unless he was injured for the Storm...)

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 19:24
He is fine but club feel he has had too much game time so are incorporating a Sextonesque aelection strategy! smiling smiley

European champions 2016 & 2017

McSaracens (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 19:57
Not sure why on earth you would bring in a foreign 13 when Tomkins is in standout form?

As for Vailanu, good ball carrier but doesn’t have the all round game for me. Would rather start Billy, Jackson or Schalk at 8.

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

flavman 35 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 20:51
I like vailanu. Strong runner and be devastating in attack. Unfortunately gets isolatex alot and gets turned over due to this.

Sarriebone (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 15:16
Looks like Vailanu has been selected to play for Tonga in the autumn internationals...

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 15:15
Quote:
McSaracens
Not sure why on earth you would bring in a foreign 13 when Tomkins is in standout form?

The management chose to start with the following centre options: Brad, Loz, Dunc, Cello and Nick.

We now have Brad, Nick and a recuperating and ageing Cello. That's not enough.

If people don't like Havili, today's Championship Final featured an excellent 13, Quinn Tupaea. He's about half Nick's age! 3 first half tries scored by Waikato, he scored one and made the other two. He could provide cover until the AIs are over (I am assuming that Loz's revised ban doesn't exceed 6 weeks!), and still get a full pre-season should he be picked up by a Super Rugby franchise.

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Sarakene (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 17:32
After today I'd say that Dom Morris looked more than useful.

Roger G (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 17:47
Quote:
Sarakene

He reminded me of a certain Mr Sorrell!

Boxer (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 18:07
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
Sarakene

Super.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 18:10
Morris impressed today

Waldo (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 19:05
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
Sarakene

Agree - also Joel Kpoku reminded me of Maro and Elliott Obatoyinbo had a touch of Del Boy about him !

The Bard (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 20:28
Morris was very strong taking the ball into contact,looking forward to seeing more from him.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 11:08
Excellent news. It's superb that we are advancing promising youngsters in the Prem Cup.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net