rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Attendances
McSaracens (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 07:22
Did the announcer say the attendance for yesterday’s game at any point? I can’t recall the attendance being announced at any point this season unless I am tone deaf!

Looked like the standard operation was in course, filling the West stand with kids and parents for our late Champions Cup fixtures through discounted measures as per Sale and Ospreys previously.

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Re: Attendances
saladboy (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 07:32
It wasn't , i think it might have been announced for the first home game, but beyond that I haven't heard it.
I'm tone deaf after the constant barrage of music for any second of a stop in play!.......wish they'd give it a rest!.

Sully08 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 07:51
The announcer a couple of home games ago referenced the voices of the 9,000 crowd at half time but you are right, since the first game when it was around 8,500 the actual crowd has not been announced.

And it won't be will it cos it highlights the massive error in the decision made at the end of last season to upgrade those sections of the ground from a realistic silver or gold to an unsaleable gold or platinum. You are not going to attract new fans with an entrance price of over £70 a ticket.

As we know various promotions have been attempted from the buy two and get 20% off to multiple packages all of which clearly looking at the empty seats again yesterday have not worked. I would write those overpriced and unsaleable seats off, apologise personally to the displaced fans, as a gesture of trying to restore some goodwill give every fan either still in the upgraded areas or those that moved 2 free tickets to all the home premiership cup games and to have a chance of announcing a 10,000 sell out increase the number of standing tickets in place of the 500 odd seats in the main stand that won't be sold this season.

Innings (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 07:56
However, almost every game so far in this competition has seen large numbers of empty seats, it may be as much to do with the competition as the prices at AzP, ridiculous though they are.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

4everhopePhil (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 07:56
10,000 announced on the EPCR website!

RobB (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 08:01
Quote:
4everhopePhil
10,000 announced on the EPCR website!

(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 08:05
Quote:
Innings
However, almost every game so far in this competition has seen large numbers of empty seats, it may be as much to do with the competition as the prices at AzP, ridiculous though they are.

I think that's a good point. For whatever reason most clubs seem to be struggling to get even big games sold out.

I was not a fan of LUcy Ltds repricing but I would not be so sure it's been a failure. For all that the crowd has been down in numbers, the East stand and the all-important central 3 blocks (in revenue terms) have looked pretty much full to me. Now whether that's because they're sold out or those cheeky-beggers who buy standing tickets then grab a seat have been at work I couldn't tell you! but it's looked decent. The acid test will be the fixtures against teams lower down the table. Will those prepared to pay £60-70 a time on the day be at those games? I have my doubts.

For anyone there, were 6 of the West stand temporary blocks closed off?

london pride (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 10:23
10,000 for yesterday's game....Never.Empty seats next to me in the East stand, and rows of empty seats in the West.

Waldo (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 10:53
Also less standing folks yesterday in my opinion .

I think they have stopped announcing the attendance this season - I certainly haven't seen it on the screens.

Interesting to see a) the pricing and b) the attendance for the next run of games .

whyisitnevereasy (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 12:27
Quote:
Waldo
Also less standing folks yesterday in my opinion .
I think they have stopped announcing the attendance this season - I certainly haven't seen it on the screens.

Interesting to see a) the pricing and b) the attendance for the next run of games .

Definitely less standing folk Waldo, you could see them leaving pitch side and taking their pick of the empty seats in the East Stand.

The ship may now enter harbour negative oilskins

Innings (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 12:31
Well, why buy a £70 ticket if you can buy a £25 one and get the £70 seat for the effort of walking up a few steps?

Innings

Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 12:31
Attendance’s are definitely down no doubt about it but I’m sure revenue per game must be up, if you think about all the day trippers now paying £70 to sit in block 5 usually have bags from the shop and certainly don’t miss out on any of the food either. So although I may see it as a downgrade on last season I’m sure the people who count the money will see it as a success

Innings (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 12:33
But, I wonder, are they paying £70 or just seeing the free seats?

Innings

whyisitnevereasy (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 12:36
Quote:
Innings
Well, why buy a £70 ticket if you can buy a £25 one and get the £70 seat for the effort of walking up a few steps?

Couldn't agree more Innings

The ship may now enter harbour negative oilskins

Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 12:44
Quote:
Innings

Around where I sit it has always been people with tickets to sit there, obviously you can’t be 100% sure but it’s been people sitting there before kick off and no one has come up at half time. Also if you look at the seating map before yesterday’s game block 5 didn’t have many spaces. Maybe 1 or 2

AP (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 14:33
They've announced it at some games.

Presumably it counts tickets sold, including season ticket holders, as four of us could not be there yesterday because of a family event (though I got to watch the second half at the Wolfpack Bar).

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

South Beds Sarrie (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 15:10
I reckon that it was actually about 8,700 or so. Generally looked higher than I expected, to be honest, given kick off time and opposition.

derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 18:59
The reported figure is always tickets sold; so including season tickets. For complicated reasons, this was our first home game of the season - but our seats have been counted as 'sold' for all games thus far

BigBri (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 07:38
Quote:
Stumpy7780
Quote:
Innings

Around where I sit it has always been people with tickets to sit there, obviously you can’t be 100% sure but it’s been people sitting there before kick off and no one has come up at half time. Also if you look at the seating map before yesterday’s game block 5 didn’t have many spaces. Maybe 1 or 2

I have heard on good authority that a considerable number of seats around me in E4 have been given free to Gallagher as sponsors for Premiership and even those freebies have not been fully utilised.

The atmosphere is muted and no matter how much we try we can't get people singing as most of the long term fans have been dissipated to behind the posts, West stand or outskirts of East.

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

london pride (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 09:10
I have heard on good authority that a considerable number of seats around me in E4 have been given free to Gallagher as sponsors for Premiership and even those freebies have not been fully utilised.

The atmosphere is muted and no matter how much we try we can't get people singing as most of the long term fans have been dissipated to behind the posts, West stand or outskirts of East.[/quote]

That would make sense,there is no way all of those people are 'Paying Corporate'

They don't sing,shout or even pay to much attention to the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2018 09:11 by london pride.

Old Curmudgeon (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 07:31
Have you ever known a large organisation admit that it got it wrong?

Advertising that the game has an audience less than 9,999 would mean shouting out that the policy had failed.

Comfortable seats and salaries in offices within the East stand complex are at risk so spin doctors and a blizzard of bluster will ensue whereas a devout “mea culpa” would suffice.

But who these days takes the responsibility that the salary demands?

Bucks Sarrie (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 10:39
I think the main reason they are being a bit hush on attendance and the numbers they release to the press of 10k (which is a stone cold lie) is to do with sponsorshp.

Who wants to pay large money for a sponsorship of a club if the number eyes that get to see their logo round the ground are declining. All the big money sponsors will go elsewhere and you'll be just left with Barry's Taxis and the corner shop to get money from. Unless you are at games how do you see the 10k number is a a bit of sharp practice.

I also feel it is partially to do with them getting greedy last season thinking that actual 10K attendences were now a given and they don't want to accept they messed up.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 13:26
Quote:
Waldo
Also less standing folks yesterday
'Fewer', you peasant winking smiley

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

AlanE (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 13:49
Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
Waldo

Even our local Sainsbury's has come into line and corrected the queue name from '10 items or less'

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 14:57
Quote:
AlanE
Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
Waldo

Even our local Sainsbury's has come into line and corrected the queue name from '10 items or less'

Are you sure that it's not a Waitrose in disguise?

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Waldo (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 16:11
Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
Waldo

OK it's a fair cop - but society is to blame !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net