rugbyunion
Latest News:
New Page 1

Whatever your views on Saracens, whether a Sarries fan or not, leave them here.

To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE, it takes only a minute.
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
A COMEDY OF ERRORS

Latest: SARACENS 34 ; 22 WORCESTER WARRIORS
Next: Saracens v Sale Sharks Sat 17th Nov, 13.00 Allianz, PRC,
Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Leicester Tigers v Saracens, Sun 25th Nov 15.00 BT Sport 1

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Lozowski's ban "extended" !!!!!!
TonyTaff (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 18:00
Quote:
PhillFez
Quote:
AP
Mitigating evidence is not admisible if the defendant pleads guilty so no chance of mitigation.

Really?

Furthermore, I thought that Lol pleaded not guilty to both charges.

I am not a lawyer. Please explain, nicely!

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

AP (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 19:31
Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
PhillFez
Quote:
AP
Mitigating evidence is not admisible if the defendant pleads guilty so no chance of mitigation.

Really?

Furthermore, I thought that Lol pleaded not guilty to both charges.

I am not a lawyer. Please explain, nicely!

For clarity, that's PhillFez's comment not mine.

Mitigating circumstances can be put forward for the tribunal to consider in sentencing whether there is a guilty plea or a guilty finding after a non-guilty plea. In a rugby context, what's relevant is a good disciplinary record, remorse, accepting the charge. What you can't do is (effectively) plead for a lighter sentence because it was really manslaughter rather than the murder you have been convicted of.

I'm not sure why Loz is appealing (and it may be because he was given notice that the EPCR were appealing against the dismissal of the second charge, so not much at risk) but he will be arguing that the tribunal was wrong in law, i.e. either they got the law on clear outs wrong (which a number of commentators think is the case) or, though they got the law right, no reasonable tribunal could have reached the guilty finding on the facts before them (i.e., look at the video again, m'lud).

That's not adducing new factual evidence, which is hard to do on appeal (because the first tribunal, having had the opportunity to see witnesses and their cross-examination is the arbiter of fact).

I'd think there's a risk he wins on his appeal and gets four weeks on the other charge being upheld!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 22:38
Well if you thought it couldn't get any worse, you'd be completely wrong!

So basically the outcome is....there is no outcome.

The original hearing dismissed the charge for a high tackle and upheld the charge for the illegal clear-out.

Tonight both charges have been reversed!!!!!

The illegal clear-out charge has now been set aside but the panel have upheld the appeal by EPRC to reassess the charge for the high tackle. Loz has not been found guilty of this charge...yet....because there will be a THIRD panel to adjudicate on this at the earliest opportunity, to suit both parties.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

This incompetence simply has to stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2018 23:13 by GazzaFez.

Barnesy (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 22:44

Jim 55 (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 06:53
""This incompetence simply has to stop.""

And will it? I think we know the answer to that.

SaintED (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 07:06
So the EPCRs "plan" is to stretch out the hearings long enough that he has effectively served a 3 week/game ban regardless of if he ends up with no ban at all at the end? I am assuming there is some sort of compensation for Lozo/Saracens/England if that happens ... sorry, what was I thinking?

Does anyone know if the EPCR citings are published like the Premiership ones. I get the feeling these would make for interesting reading.

AP (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 07:41
See official notice of decision here:

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

Also at:

[www.epcrugby.com]

which has some footnotes explaining the process and a link to where the full decision will be published eventually.

As someone once tweeted, what a joke!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/10/2018 07:52 by AP.

london pride (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 09:03
I wonder how many bottles of Port and Brandy it took for them to come to this conclusion.Talk about two bites of the cherry.This self inflicted farce does rugby no favours at all.

4everhopePhil (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 10:46
So, two weeks on, Alex has yet to be proven guilty on either charge.

He has missed one Euro match through suspension.

He was also available for Sarries selection because yesterday he was in London rather than training in Portugal so effectively now misses another match today.

He has already attended two disciplinary hearings and Alex will now face a third whenever they can manage to convene another meeting of three fresh lunatics from the EPCR asylum?

It's certainly time to drop the professional bit from ECR.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 11:03
The findings of the Committees will be released at a later date when we have found a form of words that obscures the fact that we are a bunch of incompetent tosspots. Don't hold your breath.

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

JO'G (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 16:43
or as someone said - Slade has been bribing them with chocolate biscuits to ensure he gets to keep his England place

30 October, 2018 14:59
The farce, now almost as long running as 'The Mousetrap', resumes with Alex in the dock again tomorrow evening in London.
!
ECR details here

Sheriff Katherine Mackie of Scotland in the chair this time. Don't touch her shortbread!

Third time lucky?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2018 15:06 by 4everhopePhil.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 16:26
If for some reason he is found to have no case to answer (which feels unlikely as this feels like a massive stitch up) I am guessing neither he nor the club are compensated in any manner?

JO'G (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 09:07
potentially missed out on 25k England fee

up to the Glasgow match - its was close between him and Slade - after this debacle Slade with a shoe-in

Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 07:25
Got a 4 week backdated ban so bad luck for him he misses NZ AI but back for us for Sale game if Eddie doesnt require him!

European champions 2016 & 2017

01 November, 2018 07:58
planet rugby

Danny C looking even more lucky regarding his three week (premiership cup) ban!

beshocked (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 09:43
Utter shambles.

Can't even remember the incident warranting any card let alone a red one.

A penalty at most.

I think it's a case of wanting to punish Saracens based on spite.

Poor Lozowski is the sacrifice.

TonyTaff (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 12:12
Go to epcrugby.com

The top news item is the report of the two decisions of the Independent Disciplinary Committee - got 6 weeks reduced for clean record and partial remorse.

Scroll down to the notes at the bottom. The penultimate section contains a link to where the full report can be found.

Er, the page doesn't exist. Error 404 sums up the EPCR.

They post a link to their own page in an article of their own on the home page of their own site! Onanists sad smiley

Neville (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 14:01
Simply malicious.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net